Congrats On The Family You Built. by Voracity2
Summary: Family will help you do things, even if you didn't think they realized they had been virtually adopted. The nice ones will even nag on your behalf. They'll even follow you back to the mouth of hell to help you clean stuff out when things need to be stomped on.
Categories: Buffy Stories & Crossovers > Avengers Characters: None
Series: Congrats Series
Chapters: 2 Completed: Yes Word count: 22481 Read: 57367 Published: 09/10/2014 Updated: 09/10/2014
Part 2 by Voracity2
Bruce looked up from his sprawl on the couch. "The two demons that showed up to beat Xander to death are both dead. He threw one off the balcony before I realized then I went to help but he gutted the other with his boot knife." Bucky went to check on him. "He's in the infirmary. I realized his vision was compromised."

"Not the first time," Bucky said, heading down there. "Visions are hell." He got onto the elevator.

Steve shook his head. "Any idea of something that could help him?"

"No. Not really. I'm hoping the blood clot in his eye breaks easily. I did treat the symptoms for him but he's not in the greatest of shape."

"Post battle injuries?" Tony asked as he came off the elevator from his workshop.

"No. Post vision injuries definitely." Stark grimaced. "I did a CT. They do horrible things to brains. I sent an email to Andrew to see if anything helped. He sent back a simple 'not really, we just treat the symptoms'."

"Figures. The higher beings punish those they pick to do their favorite jobs," Stark said dryly. He glared up for a second then looked at Steve. "Slayers don't get visions," he said.

Steve relaxed. "I'm so damn glad," he muttered, rubbing his face. "I'd hate for her to have to do that."

"I took a scan of her brain after one of those dream ones. Almost no changes and basically what we'd see with a pretty good headache, Steve," Bruce said. He got a nod and Steve went to change. Bruce looked at Tony. "If you're looking for something to create...."

"I know people who are. I talked to them earlier." He sat down with a sigh. His phone beeped so he looked at it. "Huh. Steve, they let Suzette watch the battle," he called.

"Like hell." He walked off grabbing his keys for his bike and his helmet, heading out. He and the principal had to get on the same page for that matter. Now. Before his daughter worried.

Stark smiled at Bruce, answering the kid back that they were fine. "I don't think that'll happen again."

"They probably consider it conditioning for the kids to see them."

"Maybe. I wonder if Hill feels the same way." He texted her about it. She said she'd look into it. "Maybe not."

Bruce shook his head but relaxed. "Bucky's new uniform makes him look even more dangerous. How many knives and guns is he carrying?"

"Seven guns total and about eighty knives it looks like." Tony sipped his coffee. "Xander designed it off his old one."

"Ah." Bruce nodded. "It looks comfortable."

"It does. It's kevlar and leather."

Bruce shook his head. "I didn't need the mental image of him being a dom. Thanks, Tony."

"Welcome," he quipped back with a grin. Darcy and Jane walked out arguing over something trivial, heading for the elevator. Both guys waved and only Darcy waved back. Jane was back in science mode and nothing really distracted from that except Thor. The ladies both blinked at Bucky as he came off the elevator carrying Xander over his shoulder. They turned to watch him carry Xander outside to the porch lounger and put him onto it. Darcy blinked a few times but that was okay. Jane shook her head and walked into the elevator door. She hit the button to call it back up for them before they got caught staring. Bucky walked back in and sat down, sprawling in his chair. The ladies left.

Stark watched them go then looked at him. "Pants too tight?"

"Nah. Could use some mesh cooling spots though." He opened those and sighed. "Xander planned a good battle outfit."

"That's tighter than Coulson would've made you," Stark agreed.

"He okay?" Bruce asked.

"Open air helps. He gets a bit paranoid when he's closed in on days like this." Bruce nodded it was fine. "This has happened before. It usually comes back between a few hours and a few days."

"What if he's alone and this sort of thing happens?" Bruce asked.

Bucky stared at him for a minute. "Why would that be different than usual?"

"Oh."

"Xander doesn't like to admit he's hurt. If he's this bad he'll hole up somewhere and rest but he won't let anyone baby him for it. The girls all nag heavily." He heard Xander's phone ring. "Don't you dare answer her," he called.

"Too late," he sighed. "I'm resting from a vision." He hung up. He stumbled in and tossed Bucky his phone then went back to the lounger.

"I taught him how to navigate when it's out," Bucky said quietly, calling the last number. "What's wrong, Faith? No, he had the vision. He's sitting on the porch with the headache and blood clot in his eye. We had it, we didn't need the backup or I would've called the local slayers." He listened. "Faith, I was trained to be the ultimate warrior by a lot of evil fucks. I'm better than all of you combined most of the time. Don't start that shit, I don't put up with it like Xander does." He smirked. "Exactly. You have a better day." He hung up. "There, that takes care of that nagging. I'm not going to put up with it like Xander does."

"Wasn't the Ultimate Warrior some wrestler guy?" Xander called.

"Shut up. Take a nap, Xander. Your warped brain is showing." He rolled his eyes and shook his head. Bruce and Tony both smirked at him. "It happens. I've learned a lot about popular culture for the last few decades from him and the girls."

"I'm sure you did," Bruce agreed. "Go get comfortable."

"I am comfortable. He did good making sure I felt good in these."

Kate strolled off the elevator, handing him something. "I had bummed a knife."

"I remember." He checked it then slid it into the holster. He pointed. She went to fuss at Xander. Which made him curl up in a tiny ball but she got him comfortable and fussed over properly. Bucky looked up. "The more visions you send him, the more she's going to fuss over him. Way to go setting them up, PTB."

Kate walked in and swatted him then walked out there. "I'll only fuss over him if he's got the extreme reactions. Like the huge headaches and stuff like this eye problem."

Cordelia appeared, without a bowling ball this time. "At least you're dangerous enough to be his." She looked at Xander. "Fine, you're only having the really important ones. You know they hate the thought of you dating." She smirked at Kate. "They get worse than this."

"I heard about yours. Is he?"

"They won't let him die of that. That'll bring him honor and martyr status. The Powers *loathe* Xander." She smirked evilly. "He'll probably die an old guy in a nursing home wearing depends and babbling at the lights because his mind is gone." She disappeared.

"I guess that means all those ladies that wanted me to do bondage with Xander won't get their wish," Bucky said dryly, smirking at the guys. Stark moaned, getting up and walking off shaking his head.

Bruce shook his head. "That's so bad, Barnes." He went to meditate to get that thought out of his head.

Bucky got up to go out there. "He better?"

"They fixed the blood clot but I don't think his vision's back online yet."

Bucky swatted him on the head. "Loose connection like the last time?" Xander glared at him. He grinned. "It was."

"It was this time too. I need to quit getting head injuries." He curled up. "Thanks, Kate. I'm okay now."

"Sure you are." She smiled. "I'm fussing like a slayer."

"Let me go take a shower and go out for the day before they decide you're a worthy date after all." He escaped them and went to shower.

Kate and Bucky shook hands then she checked his weapons out. "I need a few knife harnesses."

"It'll show on that outfit," he said, looking her new black battle uniform over. "Maybe a hip or back of the waist one?"

She turned to let him see. "That's my smaller hand weapons."

"Hmm. Thigh one." She nodded, looking at it then smiled and took his to test. She could work with that. He took his holster and knife back, going to change. She left now that her good work of getting them both out of battle mode was fixed. Bucky came out wearing older jeans that were tight enough to be showy but comfortable and a t-shirt that hung a bit on him. She whistled then escaped to the elevator when he glared.

Xander came out toweling off his hair. "Let me do our laundry. We used all his towels."

"It's in Steve's hall closet. A combination machine that does both." Xander went to do that. They went into the washer and Xander took the rest of their stuff to a laundromat. Bucky shook his head but that's just how Xander thought sometimes. Bucky went to sit on the porch and enjoy the city getting back to normal.

***

Steve came back with Suzette that night, and Larissa. The girls spotted Bucky and ran out to talk to him. They knew he was with the Council and Suzette had explained that he was her 'uncle' so that was cool to Larissa.

Bucky looked over at the bouncy girls. "Don't try to tie me up." They giggled and hugged him. Then Larissa bounced off to chat with Darcy. Darcy did neat things her mommy didn't. Darcy could even make real mini slayer food. He stared at her. "Bad day at school?" he asked quietly, smiling some.

"Everyone thought it was really cool you dropped me off on the motorcycle." She grinned and hugged his arm again. "Even though Daddy nearly creamed the principal for letting us watch the fight, and then Miss Maria yelled at him too, it was cool. You did a great job. The shiny, pretty things were wonderful," she cooed.

"Xander said all you girls loved artillery." She nodded with a smile. "If I had some more I'd teach you about it."

"Teach me about swords? Daddy won't let me touch my training sword."

"I can teach you about knives."

"Okay." She looked back in there. "Larissa, he's going to teach about knives." She ran out squealing with smoothies for them. Darcy brought Bucky one and left with a smile. She looked at Bucky. "Do you think Daddy likes her enough to date?"

"I don't know. We didn't talk about the pretty one in there." The girls giggled. He got down on the floor with them to show them about knives. He had a few types on him so they could learn more and how to sharpen them. By the time Larissa's mom showed up to pick her up, the girls were up to sharpening under his watch.

Larissa's mom sighed from the doorway. "That's very good, dear. Some day you're going to do that very well." Larissa smiled and hugged them before bounding over to her mom. Bucky didn't get to claim his pocket knife back but it wasn't special to him. Suzette had one of his survival knives to coo over and play with. Steve came out to get them for dinner, making Bucky take his knife back and carrying her off talking to her about knives. She had a few of her own already. He had gotten them for her. She squealed and hugged him, babbling about her pretty weapons with the family at the table.

"Where did Xander go?" Stark asked, handing Suzette the vegetables first. She liked them more than anyone else at the table. Bucky took a lot too.

"Probably crashed on the couch," Steve said with a smile. "I tried to wake him but he didn't."

"Sometimes Uncle Xander has to nap a lot. Especially after visions," Suzette said. "I guess he had one earlier because he wasn't at the battle. Otherwise he would've been there." She got some fish too. Natasha took it from her and handed her fish sticks. "Thank you, Natasha."

"You're welcome. The big fish might have bones." She hummed and ate, taking the other stuff that got passed around.

Bucky watched her inhale food. "Did you skip lunch?"

"No."

"You're eating like a big slayer."

"Lunch was fast and I wore out a lot of energy in gym class."

"We'll pack you a snack tomorrow," Steve promised. She grinned and nodded. "Did Larissa get one?"

"She buys lunch, Daddy. Her mommy doesn't cook."

"There's a lot of parents that don't have time to cook today," Pepper said. Suzette grinned at her. "What did you learn today?" She went over all her schoolwork and the knife lessons. Pepper looked at Bucky then at her. "He's probably the best person to teach you about knives. He has a lot of them." Bucky ducked his head but he was smirking a tiny bit. "We can go over how to do a project. It's like a report I'd have to do for the board meetings." Suzette nodded, smiling at her and stuffing her mouth again. "Eat more slowly before you choke." She nodded and did that.

***

Suzette looked at her teacher. "What?"

"Give an oral report on someone in your family that we don't know about."

"Why? They might not like that."

He stared back. "Nothing critical but just so we know about them. Here, Bradley, tell us about your aunt." He got up and told them about his aunt, who was in the Air Force as a pilot. He smiled at Suzette. "I'm sure you've got people like that in your family."

"That depends on how you define family since Dad's an orphan."

"I forgot," he sighed. "That's fine, someone in your made family then."

She walked up there thinking about it. "I'll tell you about Auntie Darcy. She's really neat. She cooks a lot of stuff and she teaches me how to cook. And Larissa when she's there." She considered it. "I think her only job is to fuss over Miss Jane to make sure she eats. Miss Jane gets all tied up in the lab and forgets about stuff like eating and sleeping sometimes so Auntie Darcy helps her. She's an intern." She looked at the teacher. "She's really nice and she helps with girl stuff like Auntie Pepper does."

"That's interesting. The dark haired woman you went shopping with?"

She smiled and nodded. "Yup, that's Auntie Darcy. She sometimes gets with Andrew over new recipes. She does a really nice job and she can fix a whole lot of stuff because her mom and grandma taught her, like she's teaching me. That way I don't starve when I'm grown up."

"That's a great idea," he agreed. "Next school year you'll get a small class on food and cooking things then later on in high school."

"I'm going to be doing some of my high school in Cleveland."

"We heard, dear. Go sit down. That was a good job." He looked at his class. "Now, give me in context what information she told you."

"Her aunt cooks a lot," one of the other girls said. "She's pretty but probably not trained for self defense unless she's using a kitchen utensil."

The teacher shook his head. "She didn't say anything about that. That would be an assumption but not a likely one. Anyone around her father would need to be able to defend themselves at least somewhat." He looked around. "Any other conclusions?"

One of the boys raised his hand. "We knew she was pretty from the pictures but by the picture she was wearing a holster." He looked around someone at Darcy. "Taser?" She nodded. "That's a good weapon." He looked at the teacher again. "Miss Jane is Thor's sweetie from what my dad told mom. So I don't think she'll need to protect herself too much unless he's distracted."

Suzette snorted. "I don't think someone's going to distract him from attacking Miss Jane. Uncle Thor is really upset with people like that. He nearly destroyed one who slapped her on the butt at the movies to flirt with her. The guy really hated that he went to the ER for the broken arm instead of watching the movie." She smiled. "Beyond that, no one raids the tower that way. Uncle Tony makes sure of it. And if he can't I'm sure others could."

"Probably," the teacher agreed. "It's probably one of the safer buildings in the city if you're not someone like Loki."

"Uncle Thor told me his brother died."

"Oh, I'm sorry," he said. She shrugged. "Let's get into how you profile someone you've just met." He went over the criteria he used to mentally sort people so he'd remember who they were. That helped and the agents he brought in as an exercise got talked to by all the kids.

Suzette and Larissa hung back, leaning against each other. "You have to too," one of the girls ordered.

"We don't take orders from you," Larissa said. "And I don't have to sort people. I sort mine into bad, good, or bad demon." The girl glared at them. She stared back.

The teacher came back. "You still have to do the exercise, even though it's not something you're really going to need when you're older." He looked at the other girl. "That is my job." She huffed off.

Suzette stared at him. "What if the kids don't want to be agents?"

"Most of these lessons are things that can still help them in other fields, like business stuff. You meet a lot of people there and you have to be able to remember them and their needs so you can form a good working relationship. Doctors or nurses have to categorize differently, based on what they're seeing and what the patient says happened. Then they make decisions about treating them." The girls nodded. "Your personal sorting criteria is a lot less stringent and forceful."

Larissa pointed. "Bad, evil, good boy, good girl, good girl but nasty if necessary, half demon who is from a peaceful species, and two more bad ones." She looked at the teacher. "We can tell. It's a gift."

Suzette nodded. "The evil one is one that Dad said to never get near. Uncle Xander did too."

"Why?" he asked, frowning. "Did he tell you what they had done?"

"They're bad, that's all I know. Can I call and ask?"

"I can call and ask." He stood up and walked toward his desk. The agent in question hopped up to take him out. Two of the kids tried to stop him but Suzette pounced him and tackled him into the wall. The teacher hit the alarm, bringing the principal and guards. "Suzette and Larissa realized he was someone her father said was evil. I went to check and he tried to assault me. Children, you are not old enough to help in that event," he said. "But thank you for trying to help. Let the guards take you to the infirmary."

Suzette shook her head. "I'm fine." She looked at him. "Why doesn't my daddy like you?" The guy grunted. "I can call Uncle Xander to come ask you himself."

Xander appeared, looking over her shoulder. "I'd say I didn't like him because he's Initiative. Did they take you off the hunting squad and give you to SHIELD?" he demanded.

"Transferred." He tried to move. Larissa was there to jump on his head. He avoided it barely but she kicked him and Suzette punched him in the balls. "Ow," he moaned.

"Ladies, let me handle it. If I'm here, you never need to hit anyone yourself," he reminded them. "Until you're bigger girls." They got off the guy. "Thank you though. Suzette, go call your dad to make sure he knows this was tried and so he doesn't worry." She ran to get her phone and do that. Larissa cuddled with her so they could both chat. He smirked. "Aren't you so glad it's me?"

"No, we wanted the other one," he sneered, setting something off. Xander broke it by stomping on it and then hauled him up to handle him in the hallway.

"We have an interrogation room," the principal said, opening that door. "For training exercises. You may use it." Xander slung the guy in there and shut the door after himself. "Oh, damn," he muttered, calling Hill. "Harris is here in full White Knight mode. I let him use the interrogation training room. Someone tried to get Suzette's teacher down to get her."

Suzette looked out at him. "Why just me?"

"We're worried it's about your father," he said.

"Oh. It sounds more like it's against the Council. So it could've been about Larissa."

"It may be," he agreed. "Did you call your father?"

"He's off talking to someone important. I talked to Uncle Tony. Uncle Tony's livid and said it was good Uncle Xander got here first." Xander came out of that room wiping his hands off. "Why did they want us?"

"For the same reason we found you in a lab. They wanted to restart what they did to Bucky."

"They're dumbasses. I'd never work for them," she said bluntly. "Larissa either. We're not like that." She pulled back in to call her uncle back and let him know.

Xander grinned at the principal. "Quit trying to turn the girls into agents. They should be kids." The principal sighed but nodded. "Is that Fury or Hill?"

"Senior Agent Hill."

Xander took the phone. "Hill, me. The remaining Initiative guys are banding together to restart what HYDRA wanted with Bucky." He listened. "No, the girls keyed their emergency codes. I'm just glad I got it instead of 'Drew." He opened the door to look in there then shook his head. "No, he could use a stretcher actually. I broke one of his legs. I was not happy at the guy I shot at first." He slammed the door. "Oh, it's not going to be a problem, Maria. Really, it won't."

"They're agents," the principal said.

Xander stared at him. "Really?" he asked with a smile.

"Uh-oh," Suzette said, heading back to their classroom with Larissa. "The bigger girls described that look." She found her phone. "Katie, it's us. Uncle Xander has *that* look. No, not that one! Someone just told him he can't handle the agents who want to make Uncle Bucky be mean again. Yes, that look!" she said frantically.

"Quit worrying Kate. It'll be fine," Xander called.

Kate gave her clear instructions. "We can do that." She hung up and hissed at Larissa, both of them going out there to pounce him. Xander sighed but she looked up at him. "We don't want to have to miss you. Therefore you're not moving. Kate said so. She said that you've got a backup now and they're on their way." She only hoped it was her dad instead of Uncle Bucky or Uncle Tony or even Uncle Clint. Nope, it was Uncle Clint who came jogging up the hall. "Did Katie call you?" she asked.

"Yup." He looked in there. "That's our job, Xander."

"The Initiative people are our job, Clint. Not yours."

"You can't claim rights to a problem and only when they're dealing with demons. This time they're being a human problem so therefore they're ours. Natasha said she *really* wanted to talk to them." Xander glared at him. "Yay. I can't argue with her."

"It's possible. I argue with scary, dangerous women every day," Xander quipped. "Girls, get down."

"No," Larissa said, smiling up at him. "We're going to make you feel better." Xander let out a sigh. "See, already less angry. It's deflating." She grinned.

Xander stared at her. "Your power of smartass is nearly as great as Buffy's."

"Thank you."

Clint was trying not to smile. The girls were good. "How are you sure he was Initiative?"

"He's the first guy I ever shot. You remember that one," Xander said bluntly. "Got him in the thigh."

Clint nodded. "Yeah, you do remember if you're looking at them." He looked in there and nodded. "Efficient. Classical. Just beating?"

"I broke his leg. Possibly his pelvic bone too."

"Cool." He went in to check on him, coming back out. "Yeah, you did." Natasha walked up the hallway. "He's begging for mercy. He only really wants their own special soldier unit."

"They are not HYDRA?" she asked.

"No," Xander said. "HYDRA wouldn't take these douches."

"Hmm." She looked in there and nodded. "I can work with that." She went in to finish his questioning. He saw her and screamed like a girl at a spider. "Good morning," she said smugly. "We will talk." Clint closed the door for her and guarded it. He tried to scoot away from her. "That will not be working."

Outside, Clint shook his head. "You two go back to your classroom."

"Katie said to cling to him to make him feel better," Larissa said. "Besides I don't want to talk to those other agents he had in so we could learn how to classify people. A few of them were bad guys. That's how we spotted that one."

Suzette nodded. "Larissa spotted three bad and one evil one."

The teacher nodded. "They said it was a gift."

Xander nodded. "From what her mommy does and taught her. Fully called girls can tell demons." One leaned out. "You let the Initiative weenie near you?"

"Not my choice," he said. "I was ordered to quit trying to rip his head off or I'd end up in jail." Xander grinned. "Ladies, come back in here so if we have to evacuate we know where you are." They glared. He stared back. "Please?"

"Go ahead," Clint said. "I'll stop Xander from taking all your dad's fun."

"Fine," Suzette sighed. She saw Bucky stomping up the hall and squealed, running over to hug him. "You can stop Uncle Xander from destroying everyone without help, right?"

"Oh, he'll have help." The girls hugged him then ran into their room. "Any new sit rep, Barton?"

"You're the one who was in DC," the principal said, staring at him. "Oh, dear."

"Leave him alone," Xander said. "He's one of my two lieutenants until he decides to do other things."

The principal nodded quickly. "Okay. Sure." Steve stomped in from the other direction. "Captain Rogers."

"Clint, anything new yet?" he asked. "Bucky?"

"I'm fine. The girls were crawling all over Xander."

"Kate told them to so he wouldn't go find them on his own," Clint said. "Natasha has him. They wanted more of you," he told Bucky. "They're changing their methods."

"Probably just considered it moving to phase two," Xander said. Natasha came out. "You better?"

"I'm perfectly fine. They have three volunteers who are more than willing to let them inject them with something they created from various demon ...skills." Xander stared at her. "They went with ones who have deformities and they volunteered to be normal and even possibly special."

"Most likely they'll end up dead from rejection or even in piles of sludge," Xander quipped. "There's very few species that overwrite your DNA. Mermaids aren't one of them naturally but the way they did it or something he added to it was the important part of mine. Did they mix it with werewolf DNA or something?"

"He did not know. He was to gather Suzette, he did not know about Larissa, and was to bring her there so they could do an updated version on her once they perfected it. Until that time they would train her to be the sort of woman a slayer should be." Xander snorted, staring at her. "They do know who her father is." Steve grimaced. "Because they hacked someone who is not us or the old school."

"Her birth certificate was filed in Albania," Xander said. "That's where we found it anyway."

"So it's possible they did the same," she agreed. "This one tried to say Andrew had helped but I pointed out he would not harm the slayers."

"And no one hacks Andrew. Stark tried and his AI started to sing show tunes," Clint said. Andrew appeared, already glaring. "They're trying to blame you."

"No, they have two things I created that we didn't get to evacuate from Sunnydale because they were too big." He looked at Xander. "There's movement at the old base. Willow hacked back into them for SHIELD and caught movement. They're using part of the old testing levels."

Xander nodded. "How much other stuff did you leave?"

"I couldn't get all of Warren's or Jonathan's stuff out." He shrugged. "I didn't have the time or the energy by then."

"That's okay. We expected no one to come back," Xander reminded him. "Or for the town to suck that far. Jonathan's house is now on the inner ring. Warren's...." He considered it. "I think it was in the last ring of those that were knocked down by the sucking."

"He had a huge basement that went under the garage. That's where his spare robots were and stuff. Plus his former girlfriend too I think."

"Okay," Xander agreed. "We can go see what you've got left. Send it to you so you can make it safe." Andrew nodded, biting his lip. "Get Willow to map the base for me. I don't have one anymore."

"I can do that. Need any of the girls?"

"Any active demons?"

"No, just some parts."

Xander shook his head. "No, we won't."

"You handle the clean up since it's human things," Steve said. Xander stared at him. "We can handle the human things."

"I could just ask the two families of vampires that're living underground there to eat them," Xander said.

"I'd rather see them in jail," Steve said. "Suffering for years for this."

"Good point." He considered it. "If you're there after dark, you're going to need help getting out. Even Spike won't take on those ones. They're partially insane from the power leaking out and the lack of steady food."

"Then you clean out that stuff, we'll clean the base, and we'll make sure we either leave before dark or we join up to get out," Clint said.

Bucky nodded. "Best plan we've got," he agreed, staring at Xander.

Xander nodded, looking at Andrew. "I'll need you on vid link in case Warren's girlfriend is active."

"Why is there a human living there?" Natasha asked.

Andrew grinned. "She's really metallic and hard to tell from human but she's not." He looked at Xander. "We're going to need some heavy trucks."

"Arrange it, Drew. If we have to, we can split the street or something." He nodded. "Let's plan to clear the whole town."

"I'll call that in." He walked off calling someone. "Bob? Andrew Wells of the Council. We just found out some idiots have taken over the old Initiative base to restart some of their old work. We found out because they seem to have taken some stuff that some of my cohorts left behind. No, like a matter generator sort of stuff. So Xander's going to need to clear that out while the Avengers take down the base. Bob, the matter generator could conceivably open portals as well," he said. "Not to mention one of my former cohorts was an engineering genius with mental issues. No, Bob, he created his own girlfriend. She's really hard to tell. He created one of Buffy and almost no one could tell. Spike had him do it for him."

"We used her on patrol when Buffy was dead," Xander said. "And no, I couldn't tell unless they were together."

"So yeah, we've got to do that. I don't know. Well, really, we should clear out the rest of the town of all the weapons and the paranoid arsenal. Xander can put it into ours."

"I'll burn the Montgomery's pot stash," Xander said.

"And he'll burn the pot stash," Andrew said. "Yeah, we'll probably need some heavier trucks and crates. Thanks." He hung up. "You can start cleaning it tomorrow. After they probably get done with stuff."

"Who's Bob?" Natasha asked.

"The National Parks agent in charge of Sunnydale," Andrew said.

"Ah." She nodded. "Interesting. How many weapons are there?"

Xander considered it, then looked at Bucky. "How good of shape was the warehouses on sixteenth?"

"They looked whole."

"Then probably nearly a shit ton of them, including the mayor's old self destruct that I shut off by accident by tripping into it. He left the key in it when he changed."

Natasha blinked at him. "What sort of self destruct?"

"It's tied to the main gas line into town. That plus the methane tanks he has around the old sewer system that was only used for transport. He could probably take down most everything and crack the old base under the college. You'd have to bring it down to bring down the college or some of the woods up there."

"I'd like a map," Steve said, looking at Andrew. He called them up for him. Willow was sending them. He pointed. "Where's this stash?"

Xander pulled up a file he transferred each time he got a new phone, showing him. "These are the known stashes we used to have. I've bummed out of this one in recent memory," he said with a point. "That's how we started our arsenal for the Council." Steve stared at all the dots. He added a new one for Warren's house, one for Jonathan's house, then looked at Andrew.

"I got most of mine out. Search it anyway just in case. I'm missing pictures." Xander nodded, hitting that one and one for Buffy's house. It was in the fallen in section.

"Why were they building paranoid arsenals if they didn't really notice the vampires?" Natasha asked.

"Because the old mayor was totally dirty and these were his people," Xander said. "Six of the ten were his top officers. Another two were off-world demon arms dealers. These three grouped marks were the Mayor's stash of things. Including his anti-germ warfare one." He moved the map. "That's the stash that the cops got from confiscated sources, because they didn't want the general people armed. These two were our paranoid yahoos," he said with a point. "That was our local pot dealer. The cops considered him a necessary evil. They harassed him but bought from him."

"What are the silver markers?" Bucky asked.

"Stashes from vampires, magical or mystical artifacts, or things like the occult library up at the college that never got moved," Xander said. He looked at Andrew. "I'm so damn glad they got the zoo moved."

Andrew nodded. "Me too. Otherwise we would've had a huge outcry. Thankfully the LA zoos could take them in or move them around."

"You guys had a zoo?" Clint asked.

Xander grinned and nodded. "That's where I got possessed by the hyena." He went back over things. Spike sent in an updated report on where things were according to the poker circuit. Including two stashes Xander hadn't noted that were silver. And one gold. "The former gem of amara's stash."

"Former?" Natasha asked.

"It let a vampire do things in the sun. Angel crushed it so he wasn't tempted, the idiot," Xander said. Andrew nodded at that. "I have the Madison's house marked, or Willow did. So I'm guessing Amy's magical stuff is still there but her house was in the fallen in rings." He considered it. "That's a lot of work."

"We can lend you a few agents," Hill said. "To help you remove all the weapons." He stared at her. "You're getting all the weapons that are working for the slayer arsenal, Xander." He grinned. "People, go do that." She looked at Barnes. "Can you work with Steve's team?" He nodded. "Good. Then fall back to your other job of helping Xander move weapons."

"I can do that."

"Good. Go today, people. I'm going to talk to some people about their educational goals." They left. She got the victim of stupid to their jail. Where Rosenburg was nicely waiting on him. She had magicked everyone else into a nap so she could meet this guy and talk to him without interference. And so dinner could be something better than slop. Fury was watching her do it, acting like it was a movie. He even had popcorn. Hill looked at the teacher then at the principal. "You're teaching the very young the things you should be teaching the teenagers who want to be agents."

"Things like being able to categorize people is helpful in most walks of life," the teacher said.

Hill looked at him. "Not really. Even if it is, they're too young. Right now they need a standard education."

"And recess because we're little kids," Larissa called.

"And possibly some play time," Hill agreed with a sigh. "Girls, take your class to the gym." They all ran to go play in there. Hill got a few hugs from the other kids then they ran off too. Hill took them into the classroom to go over suitable levels to be teaching the younger students. They wanted them out of their primary educations by the age of fifteen so they could do specialist training if they wanted it. Or college prep work if not.

***

"What's your priority list?" Natasha asked Xander once they were outside Sunnydale.

"Warren's, Jonathan's, Andrew's. Then the mayor's. The others after that working my way outward until we can clear the occult library for our team to get them out of there." She nodded once. "The pot dealer, we can probably just burn his house down. It's surrounded by vacant lots. He didn't have guns that I knew about."

"Is that because they were friends?"

"No, it's more because magic and tech doesn't merge very well. They've been hellmouth taint radiated for a long time and there's no telling how it may have warped something like a semi-sentient being," he said, looking at her. "If Warren's girlfriend is there, I can have her help lifting stuff." She walked off shaking her head. She'd learn. Tech around her was not usual.

"Is that why your DVD player bit someone?" Bucky asked, cleaning his rifle in a corner of the tent.

"Yup. It's gotten me a few times too. Thankfully I finally killed the VCR for eating a priceless Star Trek tape."

Stark looked at them. "It *ate* it?"

Xander straightened up to look at him, nodding. "Yeah. My VCR used to try to eat Spike's hands too. The damn thing's teeth were way too sharp."

Stark laughed. "Teeth?"

"Yeah." Xander nodded. "Go look at one of the houses near the tree. I'm pretty sure you don't want to touch anything like an electronic device."

Stark walked off shaking his head. "Focus, Stark, you can do that later," Steve said, sighing a bit.

Xander grinned at Bucky. "Go help."

"They'll give me the map. You need help planning." Xander pointed. "Leaving this ring for last?"

"I figure most of these are just guns. Probably a few grenades. The others have a higher chance of more dangerous stuff." Bucky nodded. "That way we get the dangerous things out first, then the semi-dangerous, then down the dangerous scale to the point of moving the occult stuff that shouldn't be here. The Council teams will adore that."

"Sure," Bucky agreed. "What about any other drugs?"

"I'm going to have it piled somewhere and we'll burn it. I know Mayor Wilkins had a ton of them. He was a bit germphobic. Willow sneezed near him once during a school trip and he had an absolute fit until she apologized for her allergies. He went to have a total wipe down with lysol and take a decontam shower. Jesse and I followed to see what he was doing." He grinned. "The man was kinda evil but really scared of germs."

"Sure," Bucky said. "He turned into a giant demon and he was scared of germs?"

"We all have our fears," Xander said. "Anya had a fear of bunnies. Willow has one of frogs."

"What was yours?" Natasha asked.

"Clowns. I saw one scare my grandmother to death. Now fought off."

Bucky just nodded. "Wow." Xander hit him on the regular shoulder. "Hey."

"Shut up. You have your fears. I have mine. Willow's is why she changes people to iguanas or something instead of toads." He got back to planning. He had to get a heavy truck around a broken road. Bucky reassembled his rifle and looked at Steve, who was trying not to smile.

***

Xander walked into Warren's house. "Hey, Natalie?" he called. She came up the stairs with a broom. "I'm Xander."

"I know. He has the yearbooks."

"Had, Natalie. Warren died a few years ago. Before the town fell in. The year before actually." He helped her into a seat. "Andrew thought someone had told you."

"No. No one told me." She sniffled, staring up at him. "Was it the vampires? I'm not supposed to know about them but I saw them."

"No. He killed someone and that person's significant other got him."

"Oh," she said quietly. "When he lost his grip on which reality he was in?" she asked, looking up at him again. He nodded. "Then he was the skinned body."

"He was."

"Oh." She sniffled and started to cry. "I don't know what to do."

"Well, for right now, Andrew's the only one left." She blinked up at him. "He's with me in Cleveland. He's being the housemother for a large group of special young women. Ones like Buffy was. He sent me to make sure the soldiers hadn't gotten into anything he couldn't evacuate."

"They tried but I fought them off. Two things are missing but they were minor things." She got up. "Are we evacuating them now?" He nodded, calling Andrew in. She hugged him. "I'm sorry, Andrew. If I had known I would have helped."

"I'm sorry we didn't get to tell you, Natalie. I thought he had you turned off. If I had known you were operational I would've been here soon. Snuck in to see you."

She smiled. "You were always the nicer one of the group." She looked at Xander. "You're arranging things?" He nodded. "Okay. We can clean things out." She led them down to the workshop area and packed her clothes and a few other necessary things. Andrew got things boxed up and onto the trucks then they raided the other houses on their list for today. They found the Mayor's stash still partially there. It had been looted partially. Or fallen in. The floor was caved in but they couldn't see the cash down there. When the vampires came up, Xander shot them with the wooden bullet Bucky helped him create. No more vampires.

Xander and Andrew shared a look and Xander nodded. Andrew got things removed. Xander got the money removed. Then they went searching for the nest. They found it and the cash, plus all the other pretty mystical things already gathered. They got them outside to be gathered then moved to the other warehouses the Mayor had. The drugs got tossed into a field to be burned or whatever by DEA agents. The rest got moved with them. Though Xander did stare at the self destruct. It was growling and had grown a very vicious mouth.

Andrew looked down then at Xander. "We can't kill it, it might set it off."

"If we muzzle it, we can't disarm it. The trigger's underneath the mouth. I'll let the guys like Stark figure that out since the timer has months left. He thought it was cute my VCR ate things."

Andrew grinned. "Mine tried to eat my brother. I was so proud I fed it two comedy tapes from the rental place." Xander grinned back and they got back to work.

Stark stomped in three hours later, looking pissed off. "Boys, you needed help?" he demanded.

Andrew pointed down at the self destruct. "The trigger's under the mouth and we can't shoot it or it'll go off."

Stark looked, staring at the growling, biting bomb. "What the fuck?" he demanded.

"That's his self destruct," Xander quipped. "It's a bit mean." He yelped and moved from something. "Sorry!" he told the demonic rat. He shot it and tossed it down into the sewer. Another vampire came sniffing and ate it. Natalie came over to check him over. "Thanks, Natalie."

Stark looked at her. "Hi, I don't know you. A former resident like the boys?"

"Natalie, this is Tony Stark," Andrew said. "This is Warren's former girlfriend."

"It's a pleasure, Mr. Stark. My Warren was always so amused at what you put out. He thought you could've done great things with robotics some year when you got the weapons out of your system." She smiled. "I know he was going to apply for an internship but he never got around to it." She walked off. Andrew hugged her. "I need to initiate self repair functions tonight."

Xander pointed. "Take anything of the scrap pile for it, Natalie."

"Of course. I shouldn't need more than some oil and perhaps a few screws from my diagnostics."

Stark stared, mouth open. He looked at Andrew, who smiled and nodded. "I can help you with that if you'll let me see how he created you," Stark offered.

She squealed and clapped, grinning at him. "That'd be great. Thank you, Mr. Stark."

"Sure, Natalie. Let me handle this biting thing." He stared at the bomb. "I recognize it. I have to see what else he bought off us."

"He probably bought it off a weapons dealer," Xander said. "Not directly." He got down through the pile of bandaids to find gold. "Wow. 'Drew, more for the chamber." He got the chamber open so they could toss through the gold bricks. Natalie went over to straighten them out and stack them properly on them. The guys shared a grin. "She's going to be Giles' assistant if she wants," Xander said. "He could use one."

"He could and she likes to clean and cook. That'll help." She leaned out to look at them. "If you want a new job?"

"I would. That would please me greatly." She got back to it, bringing in whole cases of the gold bricks. They got the rest of the stuff they were taking in there, outside the private plane. That she hauled outside for them to decide about or take away. Then they went to Willie's. She looked around. "I've never been in a bar."

"This used to be the demon bar," Xander said.

"Demons?" she laughed. "Silly."

Stark, still back at the warehouse, called in for some help. Natasha walked in and stared at the bomb, which was sniffing her boots. "The trigger's underneath the mouth. The disconnect port's under the right eye," he said quietly.

"I did not believe that electrical things became sentient here."

"I just met Warren's girlfriend, who was robotic," Tony said.

"Ah." She nodded. "I wondered who she was."

"Natalie. They decided she can help Mr. Giles." They shared a look and she smirked at that meanness. "Want to hold the head?"

"I can do that. Clint, I need your empty quiver," she called over the comms. "The self destruct has bigger teeth than I can block."

He brought it in, handing it over. "I looked in one of the houses. The tv tried to flirt with me." He walked off again. "The SHIELD geeks look scared, Nat," he called in a minute later.

"I'm scared," Tony quipped. "I only live a good hundred miles from here."

Natasha looked at him. "I don't think the radiation spread that far."

"Good! I'd hate to see JARVIS if he turned carnivorous." He hopped down to get to work on the bomb. Natasha hopped down to block the teeth and cover the eyes for him. He was sorry to kill the unique life form but it was better if it didn't try to breed or get angry.

***

Bucky found Xander that night. He was at the mansion they had lived in for the last few months of the hellmouth drinking a beer. "You good?" he asked, sitting beside him on the roof.

"Not really. We're nearly done. The vamps had gathered a bunch of the artifacts for us. The DEA got mad that we confiscated the money. Even when Andrew pointed out the mayor didn't need it because he had died at graduation. Then one of the nymphs from the tree led him on until it ate him. They fled after burning the pot stash and the drugs the mayor had been holding onto in case of bio warfare." He took another drink. "I'm pretty sure the Treasury is going to show up next and horrify Giles."

"Probably." He watched the vampires get up to run around. Some were playing tag with the hellmouth tree. A few were sniffing at the places where humans had been. "We taking them out?"

"They're Dru's line. That's why they're like dangerous hippies." He looked at him then back at her. "Hi." Bucky rolled to his feet, stake in his hand. "We're cleaning out things so they can turn it into a memorial area."

Dru sighed. "It is suitable that the pretties are gone. It makes it much nicer. No more biting things that we can't bite back. Such silly inventions." She smiled at him then at Bucky. "He is very pretty, Kitten."

"He's not mine. He's a friend, Dru."

"Pity. You two would look so nice hissing at each other." She sniffed at his arm. "A gift from the Gods but you are more than worthy of being a master vampire."

"No thanks. Steve would hate that."

"Spike's in Cleveland," Xander told her.

"I cannot go. The pretty tree gave me a gift I cannot exchange." She sniffed Xander. "You know how to exchange it."

"I do," he said with a smile. "I'll ask Spike if he wants me to make you a shielding necklace."

She laughed. "Spike has many panties on his mind. He has forgotten his mummy's panties and shift. Some day he'll remember." She sniffed them again. "It's rare we get living ones."

"I can kill you," Bucky said.

"Where's the fun in that?" She smiled. "Tea time is always meant for fun and games among the children." She stood up, going to game face. "You would make an excellent childe for me."

"Not into that. The dead don't amuse me."

"It's a pity." She tried to stroke his cheek but he blocked her hand. She giggled and pounced him, making Xander haul her off him and toss her off the roof. She wandered off giggling. "We will see how the two kittens hiss at each other soon. Some day it may mean the world will stop if not."

Bucky stared at Xander. "What the fuck?" he demanded.

"Dru. Spike's sire and mate." He grinned. "She's a seer. Angelus drove her batty. Spike took care of her for over a century."

"I don't care!" he demanded. "C'mon, we're getting out of here."

"Hellmouth taint. The protections mean I can't get out even with my shielding necklace until dawn." Bucky growled. "I didn't know either. Willow set it up that way. At least I can get out *sometime*. She could've set it differently so I'm trapped here."

"Point, I guess," he complained. They settled in to protect themselves while watching the vampires play. Including having a tea party of one of the Council researchers that hadn't wanted to leave. Xander shook his head with a sigh. "He knew better," Bucky complained.

"Yup. All we can do is implant a stake so he doesn't rise." Bucky shot the guy with a wooden bullet, making sure he wouldn't come back. Xander handed over a bottle of beer. "Sorry, warm."

"It's fine." They sat there and watched things. The team was outside the town so they were probably watching them. "Any other bombs like the one in that warehouse that nearly bit Nat?"

"Not that I'm aware of. It's possible. Or the base might have one."

"Maybe." They got up at sunrise and Bucky sent Xander outside the town by force. The Council team finished up with the library's collection then ran with it. Bucky made sure the rest of them made it out and then followed. He felt different, like he was covered in oil, once he stepped outside the boundary. "We need to find a way to weed this out," Bucky complained.

"Andrew's got a taint weeding crystal. It's how he keeps his down instead of succuba," Xander quipped from the rental car's hood.

"Succuba can be fun but they're dangerous," he complained. He tried the crystal, no help. He let the succuba that showed up eat the hellmouth energy he had sucked up, making her moan and get happy. He stared at her. "I'm not feeding you more than this."

"This is like E to us, dear. It's more than enough." She patted his cheek, stole a kiss, then danced off.

Bucky felt himself. Now the crystal took the rest. "Xander down?"

"Two succuba," Andrew said. "Both bloated and they were going to call in another tonight."

"We still don't know why I suck up hellmouth taint but I do," Xander quipped. "Thankfully she made it so I'm not permanently stuck in there." He slid off the hood. "We good?" he asked his people, who all nodded. "Then let's head home." He looked at Bucky. "Have fun in New York."

"I'm still going with you. That way I can see the look on people's faces." Xander smirked but allowed it. They all went back together thanks to magical moving. The rental cars got taken back by the SHIELD agents watching over things once they shook themselves free of the horrified awe of Sunnydale. He and Xander walked around Coulson, one on each side. Bucky nodded. Xander got coffee and went to the armory's extended portion to sort things.

Coulson followed. "We had our people make sure everything was in working order, guys," he said. Xander grinned at him. "Why did you want that self destruct?"

"I'm going to send it to a hell realm." Bucky shook his head with a sigh. He grinned. "They tried the slayers. They can pay for it."

"We already destroyed them, Xander."

"Point. Maybe the next one then." He got back to look tagging things by their strength scale.

"We wondered about those marks," Coulson said.

"Relative strength rating," Bucky said. "So the girls don't grab something to take down a helicarrier when they only need something to kill Godzilla."

"A good idea." He came in to help by sorting them. The boys let him. It was helping. Natalie rushed in to fuss over them and make them lunch then she went back to the office to help with things.

"Hey, less paperwork," Xander said happily. Bucky patted him on the back.

Giles walked in. "Why did I have to be shocked by the Treasury agents knowing we had gold?"

"It was the Mayor's old stash," Xander said. "I claimed it in the name of the Council since we scavenged the wreckage." He looked over. "They can exchange it if they want."

Giles stared at him. "Xander," he complained. "That's not legal."

Xander shrugged. "If you find a shipwreck you get to claim the stuff."

"Yes, with taxes paid."

"We'll give them a few of the bricks for that. The rest is an operational, shopping, and food fund for the girls."

Bucky laughed. "The girls could use a good shopping fund but they might abuse it."

"Probably," Xander agreed. "We'll be slammed by the wall of shoes and panties." He looked at Giles, grinning again. "You know half the girls don't wear bras," he said at his confused look.

"I was trying to ignore that," he complained. Bucky laughed, shaking his head. "Fine. I'll work that out with them."

"Promise if not, you can exchange it with off-world sources that would love gold. There's a huge wedding coming up on one of them that's closer to Hindu wedding traditions. They've already bought over six mil in gold jewelry that we've heard."

Giles stared at him. "That's slightly mean." He smiled. "Though I think we should send a present."

"We can send a gold bar. It's a kind gift."

Giles nodded, walking off to look that up. It was an acceptable gift so he may do that. The Treasury agents came back to talk to Xander, who baffled their minds with bullshit, as he tended to do with agents. Coulson got them out of danger and sorted out. So they could change out most of the gold. Coulson put on his sunglasses while looking at the bricks. Giles nodded. "We could build a burial pyramid."

"Don't tempt me," Xander called. "Anya would've appreciated that."

Giles sighed, shaking his head. "He's goofy from the succuba feeding on him to get the taint." He walked off to sign paperwork. He went back to the boys. "What about the cash he had on hand?"

"The vampires tried to confiscate most of it. They were paying for stuff around town with it and monopoly money mixed together," Bucky said. "The clothing store had a large stack so Barton looked."

"Ah. That's fine then. How much did you confiscate for us, Xander?"

He grinned. "I split it with the Council. I didn't take any of the weapons though." He grinned. "Or the plane."

"If we can keep that, it'll be most handy. That's fine. I probably owe you more anyway as everyone somehow got a raise thanks to Willow but you two."

"Willow tried to get jealous, Giles," Bucky said. "To the point where we spanked her."

"Oh, dear. I heard." He walked off to get some tea and go back to the paperwork. Xander had done a good job keeping things up to date for him. The agents who were coming in to look over things were handled by Coulson, which pleased him. He went to offer him a job heading a region. Hill got mad about that but oh well. She was a slayer in charge of many things but they did need competent people in case Xander got hit by a car or stabbed by one of his lovers. Or worse, retired.

***

Clint looked out as Suzette tromped off the elevator with Larissa. "Hey, girls."

"You're back?" she said, hugging him.

"All but Bucky. He's in Cleveland helping Xander sort weapons."

"Cool," Larissa said, hugging him too. She and Suzette bounced off to play together in her room.

"Homework," Natasha yelled from somewhere.

"Ewwww!" both girls yelled back then giggled and slammed Suzette's door.

Clint shook his head, texting Steve. He was doing reports for Fury downstairs somewhere. He also texted Larissa's mom to make sure she knew her daughter was here. No answer on that one. Steve came off the elevator shaking his head. "Larissa?"

"Her mom's having a baby daughter today. She totally forgot to remind her ex-husband to pick her up. He's on his way here." He went to tell the girls that, getting pouted at. The girls got a good snack first at least. They needed one. Larissa's dad didn't cook either apparently.

Suzette hugged her when her dad got there, walking her down to meet him. "Hi, I'm Suzette."

"Nice to meet you, Suzette." He shook her hand and smiled. "Thank you for watching Larissa for me."

"She's my best friend. We play all the time."

"That's sweet of you." He took her to the car and got into the back with her, letting it drive off. "Very interesting company you keep," he said with a smile.

"Dad!" she sighed. "Don't pick on Suzette. Please?"

"I'm not. She seems nice and sweet. Her calling does shine through." His daughter rolled her eyes and huffed. "Behave please."

"Fine. Why am I getting a new sibling?"

"Your mother wanted one."

"Oh. Is she okay?"

"As far as I know," he said. He took her back to his present base and let her run inside to use the bathroom while he followed more slowly. Some day, Suzette might just make him change his plans.

***

Steve looked at the picture Stark showed him. "That's him." Stark nodded. "Interesting who Larissa's biological father is." He put it face side down. "What do we do about this?"

"So far he's never been near her."

"Do we think it's a problem?"

"Andrew didn't. I don't know what he's basing it on." Steve nodded. "Do we think there's a danger to Suzette?"

"Probably not. Though he may be getting information from her."

"I don't want to hide stuff from her."

"Not like she knows intelligence stuff," Stark said.

"Point. As long as she's safe." Stark nodded, tabling that discussion. "Anything good from the Sunnydale stuff?"

"Not really. The Council had to add onto their armory and library." Steve grinned. "Coulson's down there helping. I've already sent him a message about her dad."

"I won't discriminate against Larissa because of her dad."

"I wouldn't want you to," Stark agreed. Steve nodded. "How is her new sibling?"

"Larissa's email called it neat but cranky. Little boy to her surprise." Stark nodded, drinking his coffee. "Think there's any more projects like that?"

"Only HYDRA."

"We can fight HYDRA." Bucky appeared, stumbling like he had been thrown. Bucky was also growling. "What happened?"

"Rosenburg," he complained.

"She's out?" Tony demanded.

"No, she kicked me out of Xander's house." His phone rang and it was Xander. He answered it, walking off listening to him. "We have got to do something about her." He nodded. "That's a good point. I can do that. Thanks, Xander. You good?" He grinned. "Even better. Later." He hung up. "Let me go talk to her."

"Fury won't let you walk into SHIELD," Stark warned. "He said he wanted to make sure of you first."

"I don't have to walk in." He smirked. "Or I could think like Xander and ask someone." A demon messenger appeared, holding up a paper. "From?" he demanded.

"The Great Mean One. He is not happy." He disappeared.

Bucky looked at the message of 'too late' and grinned. "He had someone go talk to her." He walked toward Steve's room. "Apparently he's letting his temper out via mouthpiece." Stark shuddered as he hacked into SHIELD's security footage, finding the jail's system. Sure enough, a huge demon was there sneering about Willow's many faults. Including jealousy that her friend had other friends who didn't put him down or treat him as badly as she did. She was in a corner crying into her knees but oh well.

Hill was trying to get the demon. She kept getting shoved out of the cell block. Finally the demon glared at her and said he wasn't there for her. He was paying off a poker debt by saying the things that the Knight could not thanks to her mental conditioning. Then he glared at Willow and started on how the community saw her and him. Hopefully this would break her bad habits. When he was done he left her to the agents who wanted to save her.

Bucky walked off looking pleased. "Steve, I'm bumming your shower."

"Fine, Bucky."

"We can set him up his own room," Stark said. "We have some spares. I was going to set Wilson up one in case he has to come up here more often."

"Ask him, Stark. I don't mind sharing or not." He watched the feed. Agents were yelling at Willow about things. She was yelling back. "They're trying to provoke her into using magic." He texted Xander. Who showed up and backed Willow into a corner, saying something to her. She burst out crying and hugged him then took them both. Stark moaned. Steve texted him again. "She's going to one of the harsher covens to get right with the Goddess. She's finally seen how much help she needs." He put his phone aside. "Hill is not going to be pleased."

"Fury's going to have a kid fit," Stark countered.

"Maybe," Steve agreed. His phone rang and he looked at it, grinning. "Bucky texted from the shower. Xander said he's well protected and if he has to, he'll go show them how to handle magical prisoners since they suck at it."

Stark shook his head. "I don't want to know. Though it's a scary thought that Xander can do the same thing politicians do." He got up to get a drink. "Water, Rogers?"

"Please. Thank you, Tony." He accepted the bottle of water, watching the agents blame each other.


TBC...
This story archived at http://voracity2.e-fic.com/viewstory.php?sid=75