Voracity's New Realms
New Realms of Imaginings

Site Info

We are the home of 1 author - Voracity.
There are 202 stories consisting of 485 chapters and 7299256 words.

RSS

Most Recent


Random Story

Old Ones 55: Education From Some Old Ones. FRAO
Some people never learn, like Barney Barton. NC-17 for the trio

Other Sites


Skins



Financing Hunting.

[Reviews - 1]   Author Profile: Voracity2   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Ellie walked into her girlfriend's room that night. "C'mon?" She grinned. She was taking advice and was dressed down in regular girl clothes, as helpfully picked by the slayers. "We're going clubbing after dinner." Yukio smiled and got up to change. Ellie turned so she could change without her leering at her. That was a good way not to go out at all. She looked at Yukio when she grabbed her purse off the desk and took her hand, grinning at her cute dress. "Want dinner at a burger place?"

"I could like that. Or sushi?"

"We can do that," she agreed, looking pleased. They skipped down the stairs together. Logan looked and nodded, smiling at them. "Dinner and clubbing, Logan."

"That's fine, girls. You need some personal time. What did Harris need?"

"The girls were fighting over guys they can't have anyway, stole from his wallet again so they were pouting they were grounded, and needed girl talking to. He brought Domino in because I was confused by some of it."

"You are pretty sheltered here," he agreed. "Be safe. Call if you get into troubles. At least one of you has your comm earpiece?" Yukio tapped hers. "Good. Have fun. Be safe."

"You're not in uniform," Scott Summers said, staring at them. "That's dangerous, girls."

"We need time to be girlfriends, not X-Men. We don't want groupies tonight," Yukio told him.

"Point," he agreed.

"You did the same thing," Logan reminded him. "So do I. The only one that doesn't is Remy because he just wears normal clothes and his trench coat."

"Fine. Be safe." They grinned and nodded, heading out together giggling. He looked at Logan. "The suit's protective in case something happens."

"It'll stop a bullet but it won't stop another mutant firing on 'em," Logan said simply. "Or a vampire."

"True. I just don't want them hurt."

"They're more likely to be gay bashed than mutant bashed if they're not in uniform, Summers."

"Which I hate for them."

"We all hate that." He went for coffee. "They can run to the slayer house or someone they know if they need to."

"Good. I'm glad they're safe." He went to watch outside. Jean was still in quarantine for trying to screw up the team so he couldn't go see her. He saw Emma working out outside and didn't watch her. He didn't want to admit he found her hot. He was faithful and that was his choice. He decided to go sit out front for a bit. There were benches near the basketball courts. Though a few kids were out there being flirty with each other. He sat down and looked up something on his phone, waving it when he found it. "Local teen dance at the teen center." He looked up at Rogue. "Go find other friends you can tease?"

"I try so hard," she said with a grin, looking at that. "That's tomorrow. Will the Professor throw a fit?"

"Hopefully not. If I have to, I'll play chaperone."

"You could use some fun too, Summers." She skipped off to tell the others. They agreed it'd be a nice idea. Rogue looked around and pulled out her phone.

"They're on a date," Scott called.

"Sure, I'll tell them later." She looked back. "Can we hold a school dance?" Scott shrugged. "Should we ask the Professor?"

"I'd ask Storm. It'd annoy her the most. She hates some of the hoochy skirts around here."

"She'd really hate the slayers going club hunting," Roque quipped.

"That's why they call it baiting," Bobby quipped and stole the ball to shoot.

Logan leaned out a window to the living room. "The Professor said you can hold a school dance but it has to be out by the gazebo, will be chaperoned so no one sneaks off into the woods, there'll be no drinking, and keep the music at a tasteful level of club stuff. Storm complained she'd hide that night. If you go tomorrow, wear real clothes, not slayer clothes as he put it. Scott, you get to chaperone since you volunteered." He went back inside.

Scott grinned at them. "Make sure it meets dress code for not slutty, kids. Nothing buttless or too short." They giggled but got back to their game as he went back inside. He looked at Logan since he was in the living room behind him. "He heard me?"

"Jean was snooping and complained."

"Ah." He nodded. "We can plan a school dance thing. Maybe a picnic that afternoon. The kids could use a free day." Logan nodded at that. "I'll get Storm to plan the picnic. Someone find hip music since I don't have any."

"I'll ask the slayers."

"Could help."

Logan walked off texting Xander, who said they had a whole lot of music he could come copy off of since the girls were grounded like hell for an extra week right now for getting into a hair pulling fight over boy bands and their dicks.

***

Remy was getting dinner the next night when the kids came down the stairs dressed up. "We're going on a group date?" he joked. "Remy is not driving."

"There's a teen dance in town," Rogue said as she came down the stairs. Remy's eyes seemed to pop out of his head. Her dress matched her hair with the white stripes following all the way down the short, stretchy dress and the rest was fuck me red. She had on low heels for comfort. She had actual jewelry and had done her hair so her white streaks were highlighted. She grinned at him.

"It's not often I go for girlish but I did learn how way back when." She looked at the boys. "Go change your shirt, Bobby and Regan." They ran up to do that. "Messy slobs," she complained. The other girls came down and one gave Remy a flirty wink then grinned and skipped off. "Everyone got a phone or some way to let the others of us know if you're screwed up?" They all nodded, most waving them. "Good. Let's go, kids." The boys ran down to rejoin them and they went to the school van. Scott came out to drive them but he was at least amused by all this.

Remy shook his head quickly. "Damn." Some day soon Rogue was going to be too dangerous for any man. He had to watch out for that.

***

Xander looked around the club he was baiting in. He may have gotten in over his head this time. The club was full of vampires and more were coming in. The humans in here were highly outnumbered. This was going to suck. He was out to have fun, not bait vampires. He was less than weaponed tonight. And this was going to suck. He spotted someone coming in and went over to talk to them. "Flee," he said in her ear. "Now." She pulled back to look at him. "I'm not working, just go. It's way too dangerous for you."

She nodded and left, but did call a few people to come watch that club. Xander got a drink to loosen up. Well, he'd been in worse places at least. No higher demons that needed beheaded at least. When the vamps changed he gave one human a shove. "Run, now! They're vampires!" She screamed and ran. Other humans followed the pack, as humans did. It left fewer people he had to protect. The vampires were sneering at him so he finished his drink. "All I wanted to do was relax away from the girls, people. I wasn't here for you."

"We're here for you," one of the vampires said smugly. "Hurry up, human. Do you have a name or a last wish?"

Xander grinned. "You don't even know who I am. That's cute." He got a bit more to drink and gulped it then threw the glass at them before pulling out his stake. "Hi, boys and girls. Are you interrupting my destressing?" A few looked worried. "Let me guess, I have to have an axe in my hands?" One vampire ran off. "Ah. You do know me." He looked at the others. "If I have to, c'mon." He staked the bartender so no one was behind him and got the ones rushing him. It was a bad spot but he did get over the bar and got the others. Then a staff hit one. "You shouldn't be in here," he yelled.

"Shut up, Harris." Daredevil got another vampire down and Luke Cage threw one through the open door. "Beheading or staking," he told Luke.

"Or pulling the heads off," Xander called with a wave at Jessica. "Dumbass vampires. I only wanted a night off. But nooooo." He staked another few and grabbed the machete one was holding to dive in better. At least it was a weapon, even if it was nearly dull.

Daredevil lifted his head. "I hear sirens," he called.

"You shouldn't be caught in uniform," Xander called back. "So flee like they're coming for you and come bail us out tomorrow please." Daredevil did that with the other two, who didn't need to be arrested today. Xander shrugged. "That's cool." At least they were down to half of them.

"Freeze," an officer shouted as he came in.

"Be damned if I'm going to be eaten for daring to take a night off," Xander yelled back. "Get the fuck out of here before you wake up and want blood too!" The officer fled when a vampire tried to attack him. Xander did his usual deep breaths and let himself drop into battle mode better. Now that there were no soft, squishy targets he had to protect. Thirty vamps. Too many but not enough to kill him. Hopefully. He found a broom and suddenly had a staff with a sharp and pointy end when he broke it from the head. The machete was so dull it was pretty useless.

Staffs weren't his best weapon but he had trained with one. He was still injured and getting more injured but he handled it well enough. The last few ran for their lives with a camera. Xander panted, leaning on the staff. One last vampire was hit with an arrow, making him look then sigh. It exploded the vampire's head. "Sure, that'll help." He limped out leaning on his makeshift staff. "Gatorade?" he asked the staring people. "I could really use a gatorade." A paramedic came closer and Xander growled. "No!"

"I'm a paramedic, Watcher Harris," he said.

Xander looked at him. "I realize that. My blood cannot get anywhere. Including your machines. In there it'll be cleaned up."

"Or just set on fire," an officer said.

A young woman walked over to stare at Xander. "Home?" she guessed.

Xander blinked at her. "Yeah. Could use my first aid kit and some gatorade."

"The paramedics can stitch you," she offered. "It'd be easier."

Xander shook his head. "Too much risk." He thought he saw someone but it was just a shadow. He limped off. She helped by letting him rest on her shoulder for now. They were only a few blocks from the slayer house.

The shadow turned into Natasha Romanoff again and she went in to gather some of the blood to see why he was so insistent. What she found later from the infirmary was bad. And she had tested it without any safety protocols. Stark came in and shut down the whole lab, glaring at her before erasing all the results on her. "We knew this?"

"Yup, sure have. Since he had to come back from that alpha guy. That's only half why he didn't want it in any system. He didn't want to deal with your true bosses over it, Romanoff. Thanks for endangering him again." She scowled. But he finished cleaning up her mess and went to tell Clint so he could warn Harris. He found him in the kitchen making a sandwich. "Romanoff ran some of Harris' blood in our systems."

"Fuck," he muttered. "How much was found?"

"Half of what we found after that chemical guy in Africa. She didn't run the full spectrum of tests. Then looked pissed that I called her on it for endangering him."

"How did she get his blood?"

"Police band scanner reported a massing of vampires in a club and a watcher there."

"So he was working?"

"Not by what they were reporting. They said he complained it was his night off."

"So the vampires came to get him. Sure." He walked off eating his sandwich, going to the slayer house. He got let in and stared at the young woman. "Hey." He grinned. "How's London, Kennedy?"

"London's good. I came to bitch some of the girls out for him. He's too polite to call a cunt a cunt in some cases. So I'm overnighting here before flying on to Cleveland tomorrow. And guess what we found."

"He was supposedly out having a night off."

"Clearly." She nodded. Clint grinned at her. "He's in the shower. He won't let me help with stitches or call in a healer. He's cut and scratched but nothing too serious. There's one near his eye though and that worries me."

"I can help. I did when he got attacked by vampire ninjas."

"Thanks. Vampire ninjas?"

"Remembering being warned about the Hand?" he asked. "When you headed here?"

"Yeah."

"Well, someone turned a bunch of them to try to get the girls. Xander was out alone due to the local problems and got jumped and handled them then limped home."

"Sounds like the idiot," she decided. "Some day he's going to die of that."

"To us, it's better us than the minis."

"True. I'd do the same damn thing," she sighed. "I hate when I'm turning into Xander." She walked off. "He's in his room."

"Thanks, Kennedy. Go talk to the girls?"

"I'm going to find the girls. All but two are out and about."

He winced. "There's a lot of rough people at the bar these days. Let me call." He called the most likely to know. "Weasel, Barton. The grounded slayers snuck out. They there?" He listened. "Wade found all but....sure, Kennedy can go pick up the three from the demon ER. Have Wade beat the others then bring them home. I'm going to check on Xander since he was off blowing off stress before beating them.

"We'll figure out if anyone's missing once we do a nose count." He grinned at her. "The healers in Brooklyn have started a full hospital." She grimaced but nodded, grabbing keys and heading out to deal with those girls. Clint went upstairs to check on the others. Mimsy wasn't there. Hmm. He went to Xander's room. "Hey, need help? It was on the police band."

"Considering there were four officers there and an ambulance?" Xander quipped. "Not unusual." He looked back at him then went back to doing a few stitches. "I'm good."

"Yeah. Let me do the one on your face. Then you can help Kennedy yell at the ones who snuck out." Xander groaned. "Wade got handed most of them. A few are in the demon ER," he said quietly, coming closer. "You have two here. We'll do a nose count."

"Okay. Then I get to yell, right?"

"Yup. Me too. That's dangerous." He got the few cuts on Xander's back. "Not too deep."

"I did okay for just being me for most of the fight. Especially since I was out for fun so barely had a stake and a knife on me."

"Damn."

"Yup."

"I was told to pass on the message that Natasha ran some of your blood but only found half of what's in it." Xander gripped the sink, wincing. "She's not pleased that she did that but Stark erased it he said."

"I'm sure he did. He did when he looked for his own curiosity." He looked back. "If the blood hunters come, either the ones that do it for profit or SHIELD, can you help me protect the girls?"

"Yeah, I can do that. Especially if it's SHIELD, Xander." They got back to the clean up. He knocked Xander out and went to yell at the girls. He looked. "Where's Mimsy?"

Kennedy looked then shook her head. "She's not here?"

"No. Not in her room."

"Huh. Didn't she come to us because her dad sold her to some freak in a lab?"

Clint nodded, calling that in. He got a 'rescued' call from a weird source. "Huh. Diana and Bethy rescued her." Kennedy gave him an odd look. "They're good at it."

"They probably are. Bethy is a lot like a mini Xander. Even Buffy called her that."

"Her dad can be protective too. She got it from genetics and training." He glared at the girls, who all shrank away from them. "Let's talk, ladies." They tried to run but Xander came down to have a quiet anger fit on them for it. They had seen him scream at a slayer. This quiet on the other side of the screaming...it was deadly and they were going to learn this lesson. Even Clint was worried that the temperature was dropping in the house thanks to the anger.

Bethy strolled into the house with the rest of the siblings, Diana pushing the youngest two in a stroller. "We're here and fantastic as all slayers should be. And we have Mimsy, who we rescued from her idiot father." She hugged that slayer, who ran over to hug Xander then Clint. "She's fine. They were yelling at her when she was wanting you, Uncle Xander." Xander hugged her then the others. "So can we stay?"

"Yeah. You guys don't give me any shit, and if the others have parents they can show up here." The kids squealed and got out to go running after Diana. "Wow, good job, Sarah! Good job to run!" He grinned at Bethy. "Call your dad to let him know you're here while I finish screaming at the idiots."

Bethy looked at them and sighed. "Wow, I don't want to lead any of you in battle. You'll probably walk off during it going 'eww' instead of handling the problem." The girls pouted but went up to their rooms. She called her aunt. "We're all back here. We had to rescue Mimsy from her dad so we all brought her back. Yup, all of us are at the slayer house. Thanks, Auntie Wanda. I'll try to bring them over tomorrow to see you both." She hung up and looked up at Xander again. "How did they get in here?"

"The girls all left," Xander said dryly. "I left the oldest one babysitting the supposedly napping girls while I went to blow off some stress in a club and they all snuck out but two and Mimsy apparently." Bethy groaned, rolling her eyes as she walked off. "Thank you for having sense, Bethy. It's needed around here."

"Yes it is," she agreed. "Hey, Kennedy."

"Bethy?"

She smirked and nodded. "We rescued Mimsy." She grinned. "So we're back up here. The others wanted their moms. I'm going to let them go hang on Auntie Wanda tomorrow if we can."

"I'm sure your aunt will be happy with that." She patted her on the shoulder. "Don't turn into the brats. Xander's always said you have sense. Too few of us do have sense these days." She went back down to talk to Xander after finishing her room check.

Bethy grinned, taking her siblings up to a spare set of rooms on the top floor. Xander wouldn't mind if they all moved in here but she knew most of her siblings wanted to go home for a bit.

Xander looked at Kennedy. "Some day Bethy's going to be the senior girl."

She nodded. "Can't wait. She's strong and she has more sense than Buffy."

Xander grinned and nodded. "Yes she does. She looked at Buffy's patrol outfit and asked if she was cold." Kennedy walked off giggling. "If I haven't said it yet, you've done really good with the girls under you, Kennedy."

"Thanks, Xander." She grinned, going to watch some tv.

Xander looked at Clint, who shrugged. "No idea. You good?" He nodded. "Have fun with the girls." He went back to the tower. He ran into Wanda and Pietro in the lobby of the tower. "The kids are all settled in for the night. Bethy got them into rooms pretty fast."

"She does rule the children very well," Pietro said. "They're back?"

"She called Wanda to let her know. They're all at the house."

"That's good. I wanted to see them." He grinned. "Anything else that bad?"

"Xander had to yell. Most of the girls snuck off while grounded."

"They're children," Wanda complained.

"Three ended up in an ER," Clint told her. "One got stolen by the father who lost custody of her for trying to sell her to people who'd experiment on her." She shrank away from him. "Thankfully the rest were found by someone and taken in so they could talk to the brats."

"I'll remember they're grounded when I go over tomorrow," Pietro said. "Why this time?"

"Stealing from Xander, fighting a lot over stupid things, the usual that's been happening for weeks."

"I'll tell Steve to go lecture them like he does you," Pietro said with a smirk.

"They could use it. Have him bring Pepper so they have an older woman who gives sense too." Pietro walked off smiling. Wanda followed shaking her head. Clint went up to talk to the others in the main area. "The girls are all safely back. Including Bethy and her sibs."

"That's good to know," Stark agreed. "We can clear out so they can hang out with their family."

"I can go there," Pietro said. "Most of the girls are grounded anyway. Diana apparently arranged for everyone to get back up here by train. I found an email from her telling me when they got to the train station."

"We can train her in how to make plans easier," Natasha offered. "That way she doesn't have to hack the train station?"

"I think she pooled their allowance and bought a sleeping berth," he admitted.

"I can teach her how to do more complex plans," she promised, smiling slightly. "I see much of my skills in Diana."

"And the twins," Clint added. Pietro smiled and nodded at that. He looked at Natasha. "The very grounded girls snuck out." She grimaced. "Leaving one that got snatched from the house."

"Shit."

"A social worker gave them the house address so he could rescue his poor little girl," Stark said. "I went looking when I heard that you were looking for her."

"Fuck," Clint said. "Her dad sold her as a science experiment."

"We know," Stark said. "Someone went to bust the lab." He grinned. "Steve was not amused."

"Neither was Xander but he was destressing while one of the grounded ones babysat for a few hours. So he got jumped."

"Figures," Stark agreed. "Armed?"

"Enough if something usual happened but not a bar full of vampires. He did okay. No injuries were too deep."

"So handful of vampires," Stark said. "He can easily handle that probably."

Natasha shook her head slowly. "A lot of dust in that club. More than a handful." Clint nodded to back her up. "How many?"

"Didn't ask."

Stark just nodded. "Great. Just what the city needs." He got up to go to the lab. Maybe he could hack that club's security camera footage? Yes he could, and what he saw didn't amuse him. But there was help from some other heros. He frowned, looking closer. "Who's the guy in red?" he muttered. He looked back at the guy who had snuck in and was now grinning. "Who?"

"Daredevil. Works in Hell's Kitchen area with Jessica."

"Oh, okay. Any good?"

"Yeah, I like him and his day job too."

"Okay. Should we know?"

"Nope."

"Fine." He went back to watching. "Xander's tired."

"There's how many?"

"Way more than I'd want to see even with the whole team backing me up." He didn't want to go back and count. Clint was watching over his shoulder now and nodding slightly. "He's exhausted."

"We would be too. Xander has more stamina than I do."

"Point. He has to with all that."

"Sometimes it only matters that you have adrenaline."

"Yeah, been there, done that, Hawkass." He frowned. "The arrow... oh, Kennedy."

"She's in on layover to yell at the kids for Xander and Giles."

"Could help."

"We think Rosenburg had a magical mistake again to make all the slayers spoiled brats. Xander thinks it's a bad influence by some of the older slayers." He leaned his hip against a table. "Since I know what's in Xander's blood...."

"She only got about half. She didn't run all the tests." He looked back. "Why do you know?"

"I snooped. I've done some of his stitches and he admitted to a few because he thought one might be able to be brought up and reinfect him. So we had to talk about that stuff and what to handle if that happened."

"The mermaid taint?"

"That could too. Some demons can activate that sort of thing. Xander said he'd go to that demon's realm and destroy it if so. That way he wouldn't want to nibble on the slayers who were annoying him." He grinned.

"Why was he wearing Penny's son around?"

"He claimed he was getting guy time because he doesn't ever seem to get any unless he's in the bar."

A shiver went through the air. "What's that?" Stark demanded.

"I cannot identify the energy wave, sir," the AI said.

Clint looked up then called Xander. "Was that Rosenburg or some other emergency? Wade, why do you have Xander's phone?" He listened, leaning on the table then hopping up to sit on it. "Everyone good? Yeah, I can do that. I can bring Pietro too probably. Everyone good?" He nodded once. "Okay, so that was... Great. Thanks. We need me to pick up anything? I can do that."

He hung up. "That was a demon trying to rewrite reality. They lost after a long battle." He hopped down. "Let me get Pietro." He headed up to his apartment to grab some gear then went to where the twins lived. He pounded on the door until someone opened the door. "A demon tried to take the slayers out of reality. Your kids could probably use cuddles." He walked off. "They solved it but no idea what shape anyone's in."

"I'm coming. You drive."

"Of course. You can't." He waved as he walked through the main area. "The slayer house nearly got taken out of history thanks to a demon. Going there. Won't be back tonight."

"Let us know if you need help," Natasha called after him.

"Of course." They got onto the waiting elevator and went down to the garage to go over there. Clint parked and got out, heading into the house after pounding on the door. "We're here. Pietro, there's one of yours."

Diana looked over. "We're pretty okay, Dad. Bethy's got a few cuts but Uncle Xander's already done them." She accepted her hug. "That was scary," she sighed.

"I figure it was. Let's go check on everyone and I'll cuddle you." She nodded, leading him up there. The kids pounced them but Bethy, who waved. "Are you all right?"

"Freaked the fuck out," she admitted. "Totally freaked the fuck out." She let him hug her. She sighed. "Thanks, Dad. I'm not ready for that yet."

"You could've let him handle it."

She looked at him. "It was protect the siblings or watch them be killed. Which did you want me to do?" she demanded. He hugged her again. She snorted but wiggled until she got free. "Diana beat the demon that I was defending against." Pietro pulled her over to cuddle too. The other kids hugged around them so it was nice.

Clint went to find Xander, who was a lot more injured. "What happened?"

"Big demon. Wanted the slayers to be less than one again. Decided to start with Sarah because she's the second-youngest but the youngest is in a city that's nearly mythical so no one can get near her." Xander smirked. "Huge demon. House out of weapons outside a few guns and the damn thing was bulletproof. Thankfully, Xander had an axe for the demon's girlfriend and him. And Diana found the one larger shotgun in the house and used it when Bethy was trying to protect Sarah." Clint winced. "The other slayers are in the sparring room. Can you check on them? I don't want them to overload Wade by crying on him."

"Yeah." He went to the sparring room, knocking on the door. He got to wince at the screaming but leaned in anyway. "Hey. Pietro and I are here," he told Wade, who was healing a few gross looking injuries. "Go clean up and I'll let the girls fuss?"

"Sure. They shouldn't see all this but they demanded I be in here to heal." He went to Xander's room to clean up. Blood was a bitch to get out of normal clothes and he wasn't in uniform today.

Clint looked at the girls. "Are we all okay? I can find the first aid kit if we need it." They pointed at it. "Okay. Do I need to help any booboos or bigger injuries?" They shook their heads. "Want a cuddle?"

"Why did it come for Sarah?" one of the older ones demanded.

"She's second-youngest and Xander said the youngest isn't able to be gotten to. It was apparently going to start with the youngest and move up."

"Well fuck it," she said firmly. "That shit sucks and I hate demons and this shit isn't going to happen again or I'm going to kick ass like my name is Faith!"

Clint grinned, hugging her. "We'll help you get to the point where you can kick butt like Faith if you want." She sniffled. "It's reasonable to be scared," he said quietly. "Be upset and freaked out if you want." She nodded, sniffling again. The other girls came over to hug him too. Including Kennedy. He heard someone stomping in and the girls all froze. "That's a heavy footstep so it's probably Cable, girls." Cable leaned in. "They're in Xander's room." He nodded, going that way. "See? If that demon or any other one shows up tonight, we'll handle it. That way you girls can rest."

"That's my job," Kennedy said, pulling back and wiping her face off. "I need to file a report."

Clint looked at her. "If they tried another house it's already happened. If not, they probably won't."

"Those ones won't. They're dead." She went down to the office to call Giles. "It's me, I have a report. Turn on taping, Willow." She did that and Kennedy did her report. At the end she added "I'll email a formal one in the morning." Then she hung up and went back up to check on her girls. She found a machete in the living room and looked at it. "It's dull. Someone doesn't take care of her weapons."

"I got it from the vampires at the club earlier," Xander said as he came down the stairs. "Did you do a report?" She nodded, handing the machete over. "Go rest. I could've."

"I'm the senior slayer. You're a watcher. I'm less injured so it's my job." She walked off. "You should go rest."

"I'm fine."

"That was your second battle tonight, Xander." She looked back. "How many battles weren't shown with those horrors you fought down there?"

"Seventeen or so. Mostly as bad if not worse than the last hour that was shown." He smirked a tiny bit. "Go cuddle the girls." She nodded. He got the sharpening kit to do the machete to calm down. Wade was healing his stuff and hated to be watched while he healed. So he'd let Cable do that. Cable stomped down the stairs. "Wade kick you out?"

"Yup. He didn't want any help healing." He stared at the kid. "You look like hell."

"Second fight tonight. I was having a few hours of stress relief at a club that decided to fill up with vampires after I got there. So if there's a third, I'm going to totally lose it, go hyena, and kill something with my teeth." He grinned at him. "Again."

Cable nodded. "We can handle it for you so you don't have to go that hard. At least tonight." He went to check on the kids. The group of kids in one room with Pietro was still cuddling. "We all good?"

"The kids are fine. Thank you." He looked up. "I have not met you yet. I'm Quicksilver."

"Cable." He nodded. "You look like you need to clean up."

Diana looked at herself. "Yeah, shotguns leave nastiness on you. But it didn't get to eat Sarah so I'm okay with being dirty." She hugged Sarah between her and Beth, who cuddled her back.

Cable nodded. "If they need anything let us know. I'm going to help Barton with the other girls."

"We're going to have a sleepover in one room so it's safer," Diana said. The others all nodded. "We can nap with them so we're all in one room." Pietro got up with them and they went to the sparring room, settling pillows around for sleeping on. The girls ran to get their own and blankets, coming back to make a mass cuddle pile of sleepy slayers. That helped the girls calm down and Kennedy was cuddled by Sarah, which made her mind go gooey.

Barton nodded so Cable went to check on Wade and Xander. Wade was asleep on Xander's bed while he healed. Xander was carefully over-sharpening a machete still. "Go nap with Wade."

"He'd hate that. I'm good. The girls napping together like I told them to?"

"In the sparring room."

"Good. It's safer." He checked the blade, shifting to another area to work on it so it was even. "I'm good."

"I can see the vibrations, kid."

Xander scowled at him. "I'm pretty sure you've been post battle wound up, Cable. I'll handle it myself in a few hours when it won't make the girls giggle." Cable nodded, stepping back. "Go help Wade. All the skills we had but we needed weapons we didn't have." Cable went back up there but Xander went back to sharpening things. The swords needed to be sharpened too.

Wade woke up, blinking at him. "What's Xander doing?"

"Sharpening a machete to death." He closed the door. "The girls are bunked down together. You healing all right?"

"I'm fine. I'll need breakfast sometime but I'm good."

"Okay." He sat on the foot of the bed. "He's diverting attention."

"He does that better than I do."

"I noticed."

"What's he thinking about?"

"That's snooping." Wade gave him a look. "I don't need to be eaten by the hyena either." That got a snort and a dirty look. "He's got a running monologue about how it wasn't as bad as one thing and if they come back he's going to go up there and kill them all, and a few thinking it'd be great if he had a girlfriend a bit ago. He keeps censoring that he needs a cuddle. The hyena's active and growling but calming down. He's basically babbling her into sleeping again." He frowned. "What's the other one?"

"He got possessed by a halloween costume once. He went in camos." Cable just nodded once at that. "He good?"

"Yeah, he's calming down." He got up. "Let me help Barton with the girls. They consider me scary enough to be protective."

"It's the scars," Wade quipped. He put his head back down with a sigh. "Give me a few hours."

"If we can." He went to check on the girls, making Barton look up from checking his arrows. "Go talk to the other kid," he said quietly. "I'll watch them." Clint got up and went down to talk to Xander. Cable sat down and looked at how they were laying. It was cute how cuddly they were but girls were supposed to be cute, cuddly, protected things. His daughter had been once. Then reality had hit her life. He blocked out that thought. She'd be fine until he could get back there.

Kennedy moaned and sat up, pushing her hair back. "What the fuck? That's the slayer warning." She wiggled free and headed downstairs. "Xander?"

"Your house," he admitted, looking at her. "Some of your neighbors are helping. Not the same idiot demon."

"That's good since I think it's dead." She grabbed two swords, the really sharp machete from Xander's hand, and texted a member of the coven. Who sent her home. She jumped onto the back of one of the neighbors, using him as a springboard to get the demon. "This is sick shit," she complained. "From the one in New York to here? Goddess be damned I'm going to put up with this near my minis!" She managed to take a swing at the demon's neck. It died and the second one roared, coming for her.

"Ladies, move!" she ordered. "Now!" The girls got out of the way. Kennedy sneered at the demon. "You're lesser than the one who hit New York at least." The demon rushed her and she avoided being shot by the neighbor guy who had just shown up but the demon was gutted and fell on top of Kennedy. "Ewww! Get off me!"

Eggsy helped haul the demon off her and looked down at her. "Bad night for you girls?" he asked with a grin.

"Apparently. We had demons show up to take out a young slayer for being the next-to-last called. We have this one. I'm with Xander, if there's another one I'm going up to their realm and destroying everything!" She got up and winced, holding her side. She kicked the body. "Jackass." She looked at the girls. "We good?" They all nodded. "Lying to me means I have to stress Giles or Faith out, ladies. We good?"

"Need a few stitches," one said, waving a bloody hand. "Otherwise not dead so we'll heal."

"That's fucked up," Eggsy told her. "You're not immortal, your name isn't Highlander, deal with it." They pouted. "Let's get you all cleaned up. I'll call someone to get the demon." Kennedy gave him a grateful look. "Go clean up. They'll follow your lead." She nodded, taking the injured one with her. The others followed. Eggsy called in. "Two huge demon corpses," he reported. "I'm at the slayer house near mine. The girls are totally stressed so can you bring donuts? Thanks."

"Ice cream," one of the slayers called. "Not donuts. They're guy and cop food, not slayer food."

"Some of us are hungry enough to eat an agent in a non-sexy way, ladies. I don't care what they bring as long as it's sugary," Kennedy complained.

Eggsy smiled as he repeated that. "Sure, I'm here. Thanks." The house phone rang so he answered it. "London Slayer house." He listened to the complaining. "The girls are all cleaning up. I'm one of their neighbors that showed up to help. I'll have them call you back? You're which one? I can tell her that, Rosenburg." He hung up. "Kennedy, the witch wanted a report."

"Yay," she called back, sounding sarcastic. "Later. Let me eat before I take a bite out of someone's cheeks." She came down the stairs, pinching him on the face cheek with a grin. "Some of you are sweet enough to be a full meal." She went into the kitchen.

Eggsy shook his head. "I'd hate to be a cannibal's feast. Thanks though."

She grinned out at him. "Not a problem. Let me eat something and I'll flirt some more for stress relief." He gave her an odd look. "Not like I have someone to come cuddle the stress away and we're all pretty sure you're not into girls like us."

"I have been in the past. Right now I'm mostly on duty."

She grinned. "It's good to relax after battles." She came out with coffee for him and her then went back upstairs with a sigh. "That's going to be a bitch to mop up. I need to get the maid service in tomorrow. I do not want to clean up demon blood."

"If you do call the maid ladies, can they do the kitchen and bathrooms with our rooms too?"

"Nope. I agree with Xander. There's chores and we're not that weak." They sighed but nodded. "But I can agree it can be done tomorrow. We're all too tired tonight." Someone pounded on the door, making most of the girls flinch and yelp. "Demons don't knock unless it's a magical assault. Then we call Willow." The girls calmed down and went back to handling injuries. She went down to talk to the agents. "Sorry about the mess, guys. I went from calming down in New York after an attack to one here."

"I can imagine you not being amused at another attack tonight. Is this a random thing?"

"The one in New York was to get a baby slayer who's second youngest of the group. The youngest is in some mythical city." The agents nodded. "No idea why these showed up." She sipped her coffee. "That's nice." One of the agents handed her a small box, making her grin when she opened it and found donuts. "Bless you! It's been a long day since I was flying to New York all day." She settled in to eat. The others came down to get their own donuts and then went to hide in their rooms. Kennedy sniffed and grimaced. "Whoever's room that is that just stank up the house, clean it! Tonight!" she yelled. "We do not need that sort of stink! Your name is not Deadpool!"

"Yes, Kennedy," the girls called. They found which room stank and got it cleaned up with that girl. She had hidden food that was now rotten and drawing bugs.

Kennedy looked at Eggsy. "I've been meaning to ask. Can you help train with the girls? The ones in New York work with some of the costumed sorts and train with some of them."

"Yeah, I can do that. I can ask our trainers if they'd pop around now and then too."

"Please." She grinned. "I'm doing good teaching them what I know but I don't know guns or firing weapons. I can't do that parkour stuff you can do. The girls could save their lives with that stuff."

"Yeah, we can ask the trainers or I can come help, Kennedy."

She grinned. "Thanks. You're a great neighbor."

"Just glad I got home tonight to help." He shook his head but grinned at her. "Healers?"

"Nothing that huge. We have accelerated healing so we'll probably be fine but super hungry for breakfast." He nodded, helping the agents move the bodies. She finished her four-pack of donuts and sighed in pleasure, finishing her coffee. She drifted off there. The agents weren't going to attack her so she was mostly safe. She only curled up some when Eggsy covered her with a couch blanket before leaving to sit guard on the house.

Eggsy called in. "Kennedy asked if we could come help train the girls in firing weapons and parkour stuff," he reported. "She can't do it well enough so she asked. Two large demons. The second was going down as I got here. Thanks, Merlin." He hung up and relaxed on his front porch so he could watch the slayer house for anything unusual. He had to throw a knock out bag at someone who appeared but she was clearly a witch so probably bad news. He got her picked up for deporting the next morning and relaxed again.

Merlin showed up, looking over there. "That's Rosenburg. Nice shot."

"Glad I could." He looked at him. "Kennedy had a shit day today. Flew to New York, had an attack there on the house, then got brought home to this one."

"Sounds like it was rough all over yesterday. Let me take the lass away." He went to grab the witch. Some sub-dermal sedative and she was out for a good while. They could put her on a plane to Cleveland so she woke up on it. She could take a hint. He came back to talk to Kennedy over breakfast about the training the girls could use. He did spar with her and one of the other older girls and told them where they could use help. She agreed they needed some sparring time with others too. He said he'd work them into some outside sparring for Eggsy and other agents. She hugged him around the arm so he told her about Rosenburg, making her cackle as she leaned against him. He patted her on the arm, getting free. The girls were all happy girls and that was the greatest gift they had.

***

Xander quit drifting off on the couch when he heard a lighter footstep on the stairs, looking out there. He nodded at Wade. "You probably won't wake them up unless they're waking each other up," he said quietly. "Not sure what's in the kitchen though."

"I can scrounge, Xander. You eat yet?"

"Not yet. I will later. Go ahead and make food if you find it." He put his head back against the back of the couch, watching the entry area. It was the only place where demons could get in.

Wade came in to stare at him. "When was the last time you ate?"

"Last night sometime before I went to the club to blow off stress? The girls left me some for a change."

"Maybe you need less girls up here?"

"Most of them are good."

"You're always starving because the house is out of food, Xander."

"Yeah. The slayers eat a ton. They need like six thousand calories a day."

Wade winced. "That is a lot. What about other foods?"

"What other foods? I spend six hundred every week on groceries for the house. They hoover it down," he said quietly. He could hear the girls moving in the sparring room. "We might have to save Barton."

"He's an Avenger, he can save himself from cuddly girls." He stared at him. "Would shopping at a bulk place help?"

"I do." He got up with a groan, going into the office. He found the last grocery receipt in the file it should be in, holding it up. Wade winced. "They eat a lot because they need it."

"Damn that's long." He took it to look over. Then sighed as he handed it back. "Can you slip in another fifty so you get food?"

"I make four meals a day. I get food at least two of them."

"You need more than that. You're skinny again." People stomped in. "Hey, Xander, thugs are here."

Xander came out to look at them. "What do you guys want?"

"You're to answer allegations that you're associating with demons," one of the watchers said.

"Only kitten poker. Which is something we all do."

"You called in a deal," one said smugly.

"I called in a poker debt."

"To a higher demon. Which poker hall has higher demons?"

"I won the debt off a Forenth." Xander shrugged. "Beyond that, all I asked for the debt payment was some knowledge of who and what was attacking the house, the spell to stop them, and enough energy to live through it." They stared at him. He nodded. "Not the first time I had to make that sort of debt payment. I had two in Africa."

"You used magic."

"Yeah. We had a realm breach. I woke up to another me telling me he had to wake up my magic to protect everyone. Which is something handy. It goes really well with my finding gift when I'm looking for mystical artifacts. Though I still haven't found my wand in a few weeks of cleaning and looking. I need to do a room check."

"I can have Barton ask them," Wade said dryly.

"Shut up, demon," one of the watchers said.

"Not a demon, douche hole."

"This is Deadpool," Xander said with a head nod. "He's helped by sparring with the girls and helps me when I'm on solo patrols but run into high levels of stupid. Or he falls in for bigger battles." They all looked horrified. "The scars are due to torture, people. Leave him alone. His former girlfriend was a female voice of reason for the girls until he lost her."

The watchers shared a look before looking at him. "You have been spending more than the other houses."

"No I haven't. The budgetary guy and I had to talk about how he had screwed up the budget so we remade it on a call with Giles." One slumped. "Some houses are padding their budgets but not this one. That's why we're always broke and going to the grocery store."

"Oh." They shared another look. "Why are you all cut up?"

"Two fights yesterday. I was taking a few hours off before I beat one of the girls and had vampires show up in a club when I only had a stake and a pocket knife. After dealing with a whole clan's worth." They shuddered. "I came back here to clean up and had a fairly high level demon show up to take out Sarah, the second-youngest slayer. And this house is almost bare of weapons so it wasn't a great battle either. So yeah, I'm in a charming mood this morning and I'm pretty well cut up."

"We can take the slayers from you," one said smugly.

Xander punched him, knocking him down. "You should probably brush your teeth more often with how much pubic hair is stuck in your teeth." The others gasped at that. "Beyond that.... Yes, Halfrek?" The demon who had taken over the role of Halfrek appeared. "I felt you paying attention. Am I breaking some rules with the girls that's upsetting you?"

"No," she said, smiling and shaking her head. "Not in the least. They're good, healthy girls. Here is a lot better to the girls than most of the houses."

"I'll gladly take notes to pass on to Giles," he said with a grin. That watcher he hit got up and tried to hit him back so Xander hit him again, knocking him down and out this time. "Good. Stay down. She's the Vengeance over Lost Childhoods lady."

"She's a demon."

"Those jobs are hired for, not birthright," Xander told them. "And if the ultimate social worker says something's wrong, she'd know." He looked at her again, grinning some. "Is there something I can or need to do right now?"

"That Russell kid could use a mentor because the school is bothering him."

"Okay. I can talk to Rogue about that. We already know he's healing from torture. Is Rogue going to be enough of one or should I teach him to be a watcher?"

"I doubt he'll be able to handle the battle duties," she admitted, shifting her weight. "You know they come in threes, right?"

He sighed but nodded. "Yup, I do. Who has my wand?"

"Use the staff, Xander. Use the staff a lot." He grabbed it, tossing Wade a few swords, and then hit the emergency switch for the house that took it out of phase. The upper levels were in a totally different location than the bottom of the house. She blinked, then smiled. "Nice!"

"Thank you. Is the demon coming here or upstairs?"

"Here. You protected them very well." She patted him on the cheek. "Bethany has your wand but she may have broken it."

"I'll see if one of the other Xanders can fix it."

"Good boy." She patted his cheek hard with a grin. "And get some rest. Your temper's pretty high."

"I've had brats recently."

"I know. It's not your fault. The trio of brainless brats did it." She patted him again then smiled at the watchers. "You guys do so good doing some higher level demon's plans. Thanks." They groaned. "It's a plot to get rid of the people actually doing the job. Not like you guys fight in battles." Xander shook his head. "Or handle emergencies like the attack in a few minutes. So now you can." She smiled and disappeared.

Wade looked at the swords. "I'm used to katanas." He went to look over the swords but decided to stick with Xander's personal one. "Go eat, kid. You have to have some food."

"I'll throw it up during the battle. Nag me afterwards, dear." A demon appeared and roared. "Shut the fuck up!" he shouted with Wade following along. "You're noisy and it's early!" Wade burst out laughing. Xander looked at him, shrugging some. "Want to come to the Xander convention with me? It's in a few weeks." He grinned. "Great food, a few of us there that share information? I won't even say you're my date since most of us bring our significant others."

"I might do that. Sounds like fun. Clubbing?"

"Last time we did. We went to Hunter Xander's world to club. His people are having a heaven vs hell fight and we creeped out hell." He grinned. "You'd love Lavelle." The demon lunged so Xander defeated it and blew it up. Which brought that one's master. "Oh, one of you." He licked his lips. "Deadpool, this is Queen Marthesa. She's the demon queen of a plane that attacked in the Ivory Coast. That battle was not shown because it destroyed a town and a military unit. Then she ate some. Which was when I found out."

"Pleasure," he said with a grin and a slight bow with his sword. "Did you come to flirt with Xander? He could use a date."

"Humans are too weak for one such as me," she sneered.

"You'd be shocked," he quipped.

"No, I've heard about your prowess from the higher ones that brag thanks to your ex-girlfriend." She gave him a smug look. "I desire a tribute."

"Fuck off. I don't give out victims. And if you touch the mini slayers I'll destroy your whole realm."

"You can't do that," she said with a laugh.

"Did I not destroy the one next to you that got you on your throne?" She quit laughing. "I can do it again. Keep pissing me off by coming near my minis." Another demon showed up. "Aww, your son. Are you screwing him yet?" She sneered, pulling a large blade. Her son followed along and got his head blown off by Cable from the stairs. "Thanks, dear."

"Welcome, Harris. Mind on the battle."

Xander grinned at him. "I'm the reason she has her throne." She lunged at him again and he defeated her after a few minutes and the watchers trying to shoot her but it wasn't working. Xander got a cut on his butt but just yelped and let himself stab her harder. She screamed and died. Xander plucked the crown off her head, looking at it. "Hmm. What to do with you." A young female of their species showed up with a scream to lunge at him to get the crown. She lost to Wade's swords.

Another female demon showed up and bowed, keeping Xander in sight. "I would want to take over our realm, Hunter."

"I'm Watcher Xander Harris."

"I know of you," she admitted, staying respectful. "While the crown is rightfully yours by conquest you would be very bored in our court. I can take the crown and keep most of our people off your realm. It would be a pleasure to redo our realm so our people don't need to show up elsewhere to get killed. Thankfully not our brightest came today. You saw what our army can do and we saw what yours can do," she said when Xander bounced the crown in his hand. "I will vow not to allow anyone to reappear on this realm for at least a hundred years. If they show up without my permission we will help you punish them if you hand them to us."

Xander looked at the watchers then at Cable, who nodded. Xander tossed her the crown. "If you break that, I'll come take it again."

"I understand. Thank you, Watcher Harris." She took a sword out to behead her mother, her sister, and her brother, taking the heads back with her. The rest of the jewels on her family could be given to that hunter for not smiting her immediately. She walked into the throne room, finding they had been scrying. She stepped up and looked at the crown then put it on before sitting down. "We will not bother the humans. It does not end well for us. I would not want our best warriors or brightest minds to be lost going up against those like Watcher Harris. Especially since he allowed my mother to gain the throne originally."

On earth, Xander looked at the watchers, shrugging some. "I knew the PTB told others how Anya bragged about our sex life. I've had that charming offer six or seven other times from hell gods and goddesses." He walked off. "Let me get some water. I can feel magic waiting. Want water, guys?"

"Please," Wade agreed, going with him. He cornered Xander in the kitchen. "You good?" he asked quietly.

"I'm going to destroy the demon that sent them." He got them both some ice water in a glass, sipping his as he went out to strip the riches off the bodies. "Hey, food fund."

"Xander, you have to start an emergency stash," Wade reminded him as he followed him. "You don't have any emergency stash stuff hidden."

"I know but the girls have to come first."

"The girls don't have the duty until they're older unless they're attacked," Cable said. "Protect yourself for now because no one else will protect those girls the way you do." Xander nodded. They got all the jewels and money off the bodies, then dumped them out back. Xander set them on fire with a wave of his staff. Then the staff went onto the table in the entryway. Xander leaned against the wall to sip his water. "What about your new guns?"

"I wanted something specific so Henry's looking for me. It'll be expensive though."

"Probably a few hundred," Wade agreed.

"Six. Each."

"That's ridiculous. They're cheating you."

Xander shot him a look. "Not a lot of other choice. I know they don't consider me one of them and most of them consider me a crazy asshole who handles things that make them so scared they pee themselves. I get a lot of hate from that sort of thing from everyone, including the NYPD and SHIELD. Nothing new there, Wade."

"Fine." He waved a hand. "We'll talk about it when the thugs leave." They stared at him. "Well...."

"I..." The one Xander had hit stared at him. "You're not what we expected."

"No, I'm not a highborn stuffed ass like you guys are," Xander agreed. "I grew up pretty rough and never changed when I jumped in to help Buffy. I'm not changing. I changed during Africa to my final form and I'm not metamorphing up again unless I ascend to a higher power." They shuddered at that. "Hey, it's been offered." He grinned. The sorcerer that showed up Xander glared at. He looked at the watchers again. "Any other concerns?"

"No, lad," one of the others said. "Sorcerer."

"I felt magic."

"Yours?" Xander quipped. "It's still keeping the house unable to be walked out of some days. Since you helped break the fidelus." Stephen Strange backed away from him. "You nearly got a lot of girls dead. Should that happen, you'll go meet your God." He finished his water. "Anything else since you're not the waiting magic feeling I have?"

"I... I do not know of what you speak."

Xander snorted. "Don't play dumb, Strange. I had to uncurse your enemy after you broke the fidelus on the house for him and others. I'm the reason you're not possessed right now. Even if you did have to replace some windows." He stared him down. "Why did you show up here? Are you bringing that magic feeling being here? Because I can damn sure make you meet your god today if I have to."

"I felt evil magic. Why are you mad at me?"

"Clearly, you have some hearing damage," Cable said, coming over to stare at him. "You broke the protections on the house, which endangered the slayers' lives. You nearly got a bunch of little girls killed. Do you expect him to clap and welcome you with open arms, fuck nugget?"

"I...I am not aware...."

Xander pulled up his staff. "Can you show him?" he asked it. Then he tapped it on the floor. Strange yelled as the vision was shown to him. Xander stared at him when he came out of it. "So? Are you the reason that we probably have another battle coming?"

"I did not mean to do anything of the like," he admitted, rubbing his forehead looking pained. "I..."

Xander shrugged. "I don't care. I know damn well you're not an ally most of the time. You've proved that a few times recently. Hell, even Dawn said you're not right." The demon appeared and Xander looked at it. "Are you the next battle?"

"No," the demon said with a grin. "I came to bring you a plea." He held up the envelope.

"Give me a few? I have to yell at someone for nearly getting all the girls dead." He glared at the sorcerer. "Then me and a few of the X-Men by locking the house so you can't really walk out of it sometimes." Strange felt and winced. "You can't fix it until I bring the kids back," he said, grabbing the hand he was pulling up magic with. "Which won't be for twelve hours. Maybe you should spend it in meditation so you get right with the universe." He stared at him. "Shoo. Go."

"That's a higher level demon," he said with a point.

"Yeah. He asked to give me a blow job once when I was in Africa." Xander shrugged. "I could've used it but I didn't want to reciprocate." The demon laughed and nodded. "Shoo. Before you damage the girls. Again." The sorcerer groaned but had to walk out of the house to leave. Xander looked at the demon. "Wade, go unpower the keystone please. Just remove it." Cable went to do it. "It'll take some delicate touching, Cable. Too hard means it'll break and I'll have to start over finding a crystal. It'll take a year or so to do that."

"Or more since that realm's closed," the demon said. He handed over the envelope. Xander read it and groaned. "They're calling in that debt."

Xander nodded. "It's been a hugely shitty day," he admitted. "I can't even find my axe."

"Sucks but you promised to protect their prince when you delivered him."

Xander sighed but looked at Wade. "Let me grab a few things." He felt the shields go down and hit the button to return the upper levels. Then he went to gather his axe, some food, some clothes in his pack. "Okay. Just bring me back to about here and now." The demon laughed but took him off. Xander reappeared a few minutes later looking rougher, scruffy, and tired.

"I so need to quit running into Varant armies." He handed Wade his pack. "Armory," he said with a point. "Please? I need a burger." He walked off to the kitchen, throwing something in the microwave to turn it on. He peed and washed his hands, coming out to rescue his food to eat as he walked past the group again. "The realm of Moral is saved and healthy. The prince is healthy and has ethics. So we're good."

"Why did you promise to protect him?" one of the watchers asked.

"I delivered him." Xander looked at him. "His mother fell into our camp one night while in labor because her husband tried to banish her and the kid so he wouldn't have to give up his throne some year. I delivered the kid and protected him from a lower level demon. Which apparently was a promise to protect him. His father's now overthrown. His mother's not sitting as regent because she's selfish.

"He's on the throne and their civil war is stopped. They have nice weapons though." He grinned. The watchers shuddered but left to report to the others. Xander sighed, heading into the armory. He undid his pack to let Wade pull out the weapons. "I need to trade that one for smaller somethings," he admitted. "It's too big to use down here." He ate another bite.

"How long?" Wade asked.

"Sixteen months. Mostly of negotiations but two personal battles when I got challenged. I won both but the second I was in stupidly bad shape afterwards. They tried to tell me I lost but I kicked their asses as they made the statement so he had to retract it before the people ripped him apart." He finished his sandwich. "So we're fine again." Clint came down the stairs carefully. "We're good," he called. "It's done."

Barton leaned in, staring at him. "What the hell happened?"

"It's an emergency out of phase thing. I'll have to reset it when I redo the protections since we had to remove the crystal holding most of them." Cable handed it over. "Thanks, man." He went to reinstall it and redo the protections. He felt that shield come down and put up his own, and a firmer fidelus, but let those who were in the house know. He sent out a few text messages with the address to counter the spell. Then he went back to the armory. Clint was staring at a bomb oddly. "I won it winning the duel."

"Yeah, sure," Clint said with a nod. "What duel?"

"I got summoned to protect a kid I delivered."

"Like, you had?" he asked quietly.

"No! His mom got banished to where I was camping so I ended up delivering the baby."

"Wow," Clint said with a nod. "Never had that happen."

"Lucky you. I've had two I've delivered." Xander shrugged but grinned. "He's fine now. And we still don't have stuff for the upcoming battle." An imp showed up with a note, letting Xander take it before it disappeared. Xander opened the damp note, looking at it. "The ink ran," he called, looking up. It got rewritten magically. "Oh, that. Sure, I'd like to have more weapons. I'm not making a deal for it but yeah I'd always like more weapons."

"If I know I might have to tell someone." Clint walked off. "The girls went back to sleep when we were out of phase."

"I need to get some more food," Xander sighed, walking off.

"Nope," Deadpool said, pulling Xander back so he could go talk to him. With Cable's help since it was one of those manly talks they had to have.

The imp reappeared and huffed. Xander came back to get that note and walked off giggling. "Sure, I'll handle that one that wanted me to worship him. Of course I will." The imp shuddered but left again. Xander chuckled at that leaving. He nearly skipped off to handle it but Cable caught him first. "I can go handle that."

"I'm sure you can." The imp reappeared so Cable took the note this time. "Yeah, I'll help with that. It's bad for the world." The imp tried to touch his gun. "Don't you fucking dare," he warned. The imp ran from that. He looked at Xander. "Why is he telling you about a cult to Mephisto?"

"Because I know him kinda. I stripped for him one night in Oxnard after they held a bachelor party." He grinned. "I introduced the Hood to him."

"You're warped, you little shit." Cable smirked. "Nearly as badly as that fucking nut over there."

Wade grinned and waved. "I don't know that many demons outside the poker halls."

Xander grinned at him. "Want introduced?"

"No. Thanks anyway."

Xander shrugged but grinned. "Okay. Can I go pee now?"

"Fine. Then we'll take some of that stuff to set up your emergency stash, Xander." Xander nodded, walking off to deal with things for himself. The girls were sneaking down to get breakfast so maybe it'd be a mostly normal day.

***

Rogue got the text message when she got up and groaned as she flopped back into her pillows. She thought about it then got up and got ready for the day, going to talk to Russell. The kid needed a friend and a mentor. She could do that. She waited until he ate then walked him off. "Let's talk." She looked at him. "We have tight ties in this house to the local slayer house," she said quietly as she walked him off.

"One of them wrote that the vengeance demon over lost childhoods came to talk to him about you." He winced. "Not that you're a problem but she thought maybe you were having some troubles adjusting to being here." She stopped him to look at him. "Are you being bullied or anything?" He shook his head. "No problems?"

"I think I'm okay. It's nicer here."

She grinned. "We all came here from a shitty place, sugar. I came after I ran away from my mother, may Satan some day have her soul. A lot of other kids here have had it worse than me, or you. And if you're having problems we want to know. I'm not the stick up the butt sort that Summers, Ororro, or Hank are. Logan's not either and he used to be military so he's seen it all before. Can you come talk to one of us if you need to?"

"I'm fine," he said, getting free and backing away.

She sighed. "If you're sure. Just remember, if you let loose on a student they'll send you out of here," she said quietly. "And then you'll have nothing. Can you pretend to get along for a few years?"

"I'll be fine. I can go hang with Deadpool."

"He's working with the slayers a lot these days. Who're really nice girls, but they shop a lot and have fight practice every day after school. Plus Xander's a hardass about being a big brother sometimes."

"He is?" He was trying not to pout but that explained why Wade hadn't answered his call the other day he guessed.

"Yeah. The girls need his skills. He jumps into battles too. He does a lot for a lot of people. And hey, if you want, we can call to see if he'll show up sometimes."

"I... I just don't fit in. Everyone here is so soft."

"Yeah, we try to relax around here. Not all of us are soft, kid. Plenty of us are on response teams."

"I could do that."

"You gotta learn control and you gotta get along. The only surly guy who's a loner but on a team is Logan." She gave him a pointed look. "If so, they'd form a team of people around your age and skill level. Right now, there's not a lot of them that have the right sort of skills and aptitudes for that sort of thing. You have to be quick on your feet and thoughts. As Xander tells the slayers, your mind is your best weapon. It's not all using our skills. A lot of times it's hitting something a whole lot.

"And you suck at that so far. But you're mid puberty so it'll get better in a few years." She smiled slightly. "We all went through it. I was still at home and my mother went on a rant about me being a girl but hating all those cutesy things that left me with scars by the time she got done." He shuddered. "So for now we need to get you set up so you can build muscle. You'll need it no matter what in life. Stronger is always better and it'll help you with your last few growth spurts." Russell nodded that was true. "I'm going to put Logan over your training."

"He's kinda mean."

She grinned and nodded. "He won't put up with a lot of slacking either but he can get you where you need to be if you wanna be on a response team." Russell nodded, swallowing hard. "He'll also pay some attention to your schoolwork. Because if you don't have at least a 'B' you won't be on a team, ever. That's the rules we all live by and I got booted twice for my grades." She smiled at him and used her gloved hand to pat him on the cheek.

"You'll be fine. It's a huge thing to get used to having someone who gives a damn but you'll make it, Russell. Most of us started in the same place. Only Scott and Jean had good upbringings. Well, and maybe Storm but hers was weird." She looked around. "Have you met Remy yet? Remy?" He looked over and came wandering over. "This is Russell. He came from that group home that Deadpool and Colossus freed."

"Hey," Remy said with a nod. He looked him over. "We need to get you into the gym, Russell. It'll help and make the girls feel sorry for ya when you're sore." He grinned. "Worked for me in my young years." He walked off again.

"I'm going to introduce him to Logan," she called after him.

"I'll warn 'im you're making more work for him, cher."

"Thanks, Remy." She grinned at the kid. "Remy's from a family that does assassination things." Russell blinked a few times so she grinned back. "None of us here are boring people sorts. You'll get used to it and find the you who you want to be. Even if you are a flaming asshole underneath. Sure enough that Scott is sometimes." She spotted Scott and Logan coming in arguing. "There he is." She walked Russell that way, getting a grimace from Scott. "Not here for you," she quipped.

"Good. Are you here to turn in your late English essay?"

"No. I did that yesterday before it was late. It's on your desk. Go do your paperwork instead of sulking."

"For that, I'll make sure you flunk it," Scott complained.

She grinned. "More time to go shop with the slayers." She smiled at Logan, who grunted since he was drinking coffee. "This is Russell."

"I saw his file." He looked at the kid. "We'll see where your skills go, kid. You might graduate mostly normal and regular." He shrugged. "Rogue won't but you might." He walked the kid off to talk to him. He had seen his full file from Colossus. That plus Rogue personally handing him over, the kid was a problem or was having problems.

"Xander's text said Halfrek was concerned about him," she called after them quietly. Logan waved back. She grinned at Scott, who walked off sighing. "Speaking of, I need to get a new dress for the school dress."

"You have chemistry in an hour," Scott called back. "If you skip, you're grounded."

"Fine." She rolled her eyes, getting some breakfast to go upstairs. She had some stuff in her closet that she hadn't let anyone see yet. And a few were because they were pretty baring. Then she went to talk to Miss Frost about girl stuff. She found her in her office. "Miss Frost, can I ask a question? A sex sorta question?"

"Of course, Rogue. What sort?"

"How can I have sex with my gift?"

Emma considered it. "Mostly covered but with a female condom?"

Rogue frowned, blinking a few times. "Storm never said anything about them during sex ed last year."

"Oh, dear. She is uptight so that doesn't surprise me much." She waved the girl in to go over what female condoms were and how you used them. That and some crotchless panties should cure her need for sex. Or maybe some sex toys to try out at first. It was always better to know your own body before you involved someone else who didn't understand it. Most men had no idea what to do with a woman's body, or their own in her experience.

***

Rogue came down for the school dance in a dress that was kind of daring. It wasn't uncovering in any way. Xander had handed it to her when he came to pick up the slayers from their last shopping trip because she had been trying to decide between two baiting dresses. This one was tight to her very nice body. She worked hard and it showed. The dress had long sleeves, and a mock turtleneck so it covered everything to her knees. Her gloves were changed to something a bit more fancy for the night. Her heels were cute but lower for comfort. She walked past Hank McCoy, making him stare in awe. "I did learn how to be a girl from my not missed mother," she complained.

"Clearly. That looks nice on you." She smiled at that but went out to where the dance was going to be. The music had been started so she pulled a few kids out to teach them the moves the slayers had taught her. It helped and they were having fun, giggling and happy, on the floor within minutes. She smiled at the man who came out to put out the punch bowl. "Remy, come dance with us."

"Remy doesn't do any of that wild dancing, cher." He looked and nearly let his mouth open. "Well. Remy would be damned if he wasn't sensible."

She punched him on the arm with a grin. "You aren't that sensible, you cheat at cards against Logan." He snorted but looked amused until a few of the younger students pulled him onto the dance floor. "I know, you learned how to waltz instead but it's not that hard. Just follow the bass beat, Remy," she teased with an evil grin. "You have smooth moves elsewhere; it should translate." He shot over a low powered glare but she loved teasing him. Bobby came over to try to separate her but she gave him a dirty look. "You can join us. We don't mind boys." He snorted but pouted a bit. "That's why you're single."

He stomped off but the others ignored him. Bobby was sulky and they all knew it. She went back to dancing. Remy was staring a bit but she knew he was out of her league. She could hope but that wasn't a good idea. She nearly squealed when she saw a familiar big figure on the edge of the gazebo floor dancing with his girlfriend. Or whatever they had decided to be. She winked at the others and nodded at Remy then over there. He grinned back. It was cute. Kara was nearly plastered to Colossus' front while they danced. Remy took her from the kids to dance with, making her smile. "I admit, you're good."

"Remy is good at many things." She grinned up at him. "You're still too damn young."

"I know. But I can be a good, flirty tease for years yet."

"Hmm. You are. Too good at it."

"Then again, we could all die tomorrow when we're attacked."

"Too true." He looked her over again, making her blush. "Remy should be careful of you. Some day you might outdo Natasha."

"That's a compliment," she laughed. "Thank you."

"Welcome." Logan came out with Russell so she took him to dance with instead. The kid needed a lot more friends. Russell nearly drooled on her. She grinned at him. "Good girls don't do things like you're thinking. Quit blushing." He ducked his head but did quit blushing. Logan was shaking his head so she made him dance the next song with her. "Ha! Got you out here."

"You're sneaky, Rogue, but not subtle."

"Hell no. I haven't learned subtle yet." She nodded behind them and he looked, and relaxed. She winked and turned to dance against him, making him groan but hand her to Remy with a shove. She yelped but Remy caught her and helped her steady herself. "Logan's grumpy. We need to buy him a hooker."

Remy burst out laughing. "Don't know who'd put up with him. Maybe Xander though." She grinned at that idea.

"I don't swing that way," Logan called.

"Fine. Still too grumpy." She danced with Remy for a few more songs then the girls pulled her over to dance with them again. It was hot and a few guys were sweaty. The boyfriends were jealous. The ones that didn't have a boyfriend were getting long looks over. And she was still hot enough to set fires with her hips.

Remy was now getting himself a more adult drink than punch. "She's deadly tonight."

Logan looked at him. "The only ones who'd say anything is Storm, the Professor, and Bobby."

"Not into the too young."

"Point. One more year and she's legal. And possibly graduated and going on to college."

Remy looked at him. "You suck at matchmaking." He walked off to see if Piotr was ready to talk yet. No, he was still dancing with Kara. He cleared his throat, making Kara grin at him. "You guys back?"

"Yup."

"Xander saved you a room. Or should we expect you over breakfast?"

She looked up, getting a shrug back. "Don't know yet." She smiled. "I'm getting away from puking slayers because they messed up the birth control prayers."

"Seen some that did," Remy agreed. "Professor's out here."

She winked at him. "It's cool, Remy. Thanks." He walked off and she snuggled back into Piotr's arms. "It's chilly tonight."

"It is." He cuddled her.

"We should see daylight between all couples," the Professor sent mentally so everyone heard it.

"Mine," she called. "But thanks." She grinned and waved at a few of the kids. "I'm finally healed. The Bahamas are in the middle of a storm. And we're escaping the pregnant slayer who's puking everywhere." They went back to dancing and talking about college things. He was still in regular classes and had to get a few assignments handed in tomorrow.

Scott strolled over. "Put some space between you," he said with a grin.

She waved a hand at him. "We're good." She smiled.

He looked at her. "I take it you're healthy again?"

"Yup," she quipped, grinning at him. "And I've come into that last slayer growth spurt that makes me a bitch in heels too." He walked off giggling. She looked up.

"I prefer you to be the nice girl I first met," he complained.

"I am for you." She winked. He snorted but looked amused. "We might have to save Xander."

"We can check tomorrow. When we wake up." She winked, shifting to tease him better. He growled. "You do many dirty things to my mind, Kara."

She smiled up at him. "Good. It makes you growl like Logan and I find that hot." He laughed but walked her off to go celebrate being back at the school.

Down in the classrooms, Storm looked up and sighed. She knew that squeal. "It's good he's back with her. Even if she is noisy." Another squeal and then something hit a door very hard and that something screamed. She went to look, finding an intruder. "Who is he?" she asked. "Kara, PIotr, nice to have you back."

Kara grinned. "He's the kid that tried to stalk Rogue at the mall a few weeks before I left."

"Full memories back?" Storm asked, smiling at her.

"Mostly. Piotr cured it. I'm not sure it if was the scalp massages or the sex but my memory's fantastic." She grinned smugly, walking her blushing boyfriend off. "Come rub my ouchies, PIotr."

"I usually do," he agreed, following her to see what hurt. When it turned out to be an ache he had caused that made it so she couldn't sit, he had a good healing method for that.

Storm looked at the young boy. "Rogue may not touch anyone. Her gifts forbid it." He pouted. "I'd go home and forget you came out here tonight." The kid ran off. She went back to her classroom, not noticing Rogue and Remy talking in the kitchen about another student who was having a problem. She did hear Kara squeaking though. She was quite loud when she was happy.

TBC....