Voracity's New Realms
New Realms of Imaginings

Site Info

We are the home of 1 author - Voracity.
There are 202 stories consisting of 485 chapters and 7299256 words.

RSS

Most Recent


Random Story

Minions of Chaos. FRT
Coulson's healing. Things are a bit weird around Xander. Then another GHS...

Other Sites


Skins



A Knight's Son.

[Reviews - 5]   Author Profile: Voracity2   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Xander came in the next day singing 'I'm a pretty, pretty princess', making the guards all shake their heads. His trainer stared at him, shaking her head slowly. "You're not a princess, luv. You're a guy."

"Guys can be princesses." He grinned. "So said my date last night that thought Dad was trying to corrupt me to work with him."

"Do I want to know what this one does?"

"Not a lot after he and Dad got into a fight. Then again, Dad's limping some because the guy kicked him in the balls. Twice. I'm pretty sure that's why Dad broke his jaw."

She nodded. "I would too." He smirked. "C'mon, do to me what you did to those agents."

"But I like you more than them," he said with a batting of his lashes. She snorted, waving him on. He attacked and it was better. "I know, still a weak backhand."

She nodded. "Slightly." They got back to it.

The boss walked in, nodding at them. "Xander, may we speak?" he asked.

"About what, Arthur?" he asked, ducking a blow and blocking a kick then hitting her back on the side since she had been expecting a frontal blow.

"Your date last night."

"Oh, him? He wasn't bad."

"Yes he was, son. Come along." Xander nodded, walking off after grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge. The boss looked at him once they were in the office. "Do you know who he was?"

"No. He didn't have the time to introduce himself before Dad had a go at his head."

"Your father's partner has been trying to get him down for years now."

Xander nodded. "That's probably why Dad attacked as soon as he noticed him flirting with me."

"Probably, yes. Did they say anything?"

"No." He shook his head, sipping the water. "Some sneering about 'you, how pathetic' and all that. He thought Dad was trying to date me I think. When the cops got there, I slunk out of the shadows so I wouldn't get arrested too. Giles would throw a massive hissy over that." He finished his water and tossed the bottle out. The boss stared at him. "Sorry, do we refill those?"

"No. You seem very casual about those sort of things?"

"As opposed to the arms dealer I was trading blow jobs with the other day?"

"When you put it that way....does your father know?"

"I have no idea."

"Ummm. I'll have to ask him."

"I thought he was okay."

"He is. Limping a bit."

"The guy kicked him in the balls twice so Dad broke the other guy's jaw."

"Good! Can you start doing that?"

"Then who would I date? I don't want to be lonely for however long I last."

"That is a good point. Though there's agent safe houses in most cities." Xander looked confused. He cleared his throat. "When agents are overly stressed or needing physical contact but need to be safe, they go to them. Whoever's there with them is like a spouse for a night. There's no conflict, no threats, nothing like that. You're just there with them solving the needs each other have. You can't turn them down for it or work against them in any way."

"I can understand why. If I happen into one I'll gladly help with that, though what about guys who have stuff?"

"Condoms. You cannot turn anyone down. That's the rules of the establishment as they were." He straightened out his vest.

Xander nodded. "As long as I can demand condoms I'm okay with that then. Or if you point someone toward me while I'm working. There's been plenty of days I wanted that sort of stress relief and someone to just cuddle me after fights."

"Good." He smiled. "Now, what shall we do about the ones who want to date you?"

"Worry about the guy who sent me flowers?"

"What guy who sent you flowers?"

"Dad read the card and growled."

"I'll ask them then. Are you all right?"

"I'm good. Thank you for letting me train."

"I know some day you'll be using that to benefit us all. Though, there's rumors that we're going to have a huge problem soon and we only have two slayers locally."

"They're up country. The one coming to London broke her leg last night on patrol." The boss winced, nodding slightly. "I have no idea who they'll send instead for a few weeks. She's not local but nearly, from Scotland I think."

"That's fine. We'll gladly help any slayers that come here."

Xander shook his head. "A few of them are really great young ladies, and they're young ladies. A few of them are ball busting bitches, and I respect them for that. Six out of the fifty-eight I know of are primadonna bitches. I can't respect four of the six in any manner. The other two have attitude problems that I think will be cured by them growing up."

"The one that's nobility?"

"Sylvia? She's good. I respect her for the quiet, ball busting bitch she can be. Sometimes she's Giles' assistant because she understands all that stuff."

"Good. I'll get with him over her and the local house."

"I think he went to a former watcher spawn who went to Scotland Yard instead."

"Hm. Still, we can gladly work with them. That way the city's not going to be overrun."

Xander shifted, pulling out his phone. He got into a file and tossed it over. "I have visions. I've reported that one to Giles and Sylvia called me to nag me for making him get really drunk that night. I told her it was about a vision. She saw it and started to call a few school friends."

The boss read the notes over, grimacing. "That's going to be bad."

"Yes it will. For some reason no one got too horrified over demons though."

"That's interesting. No one reacted?"

"No. Not even with the protest going on first, before they're attacked. I don't know why."

"How soon on this one?"

"Late spring, early summer. I don't usually get dates but there were pretty flowered trees and people were wearing shorts."

"Definitely past our usual rainy spring then. All right." He copied it and handed the phone back. "Make sure your father sees that?" He nodded. "Has he?"

"No. I had it night before last. I have no idea who Giles wants to report those to."

"It could look a bit odd," the boss agreed.

"And yet, I haven't been wrong yet." He stared at him. "And visions suck ass."

"I'm sure they could if they were corporeal."

"No, they just visit with a migraine in tow," Xander quipped back with a grin. "And body aches, nose bleeds. All that great stuff."

"Is there any way to quickly end the problems?"

"A bullet."

"Not a good choice."

"No but the only one. The ex-girlfriend who had them gifted to her tried nearly everything, including a number of street drugs. Heroin blocks it but not much else is going to touch it, and nothing kills the pain. Not even morphine, which I'm still allergic to."

"You really should wear a medic's bracelet."

"Probably but my last one got in the way. I was told it was a weakness they could use against me."

"Perhaps, but if it could kill you."

"Mostly it makes me vomit hard."

"Even better." He stared at him. "You haven't taken many survivalist lessons?"

"I have been. We went to the camping store yesterday and she told me how to use the various things, letting me buy my kit."

"That's excellent. I'll make a note that she's good at training." Xander grinned. "Three more weeks?"

"I can leave sooner but Dad will probably pout."

"Probably," he agreed. "Or stalk you across Europe."

"Also possible. Or Mom."

"They really told you?"

"They really told me all of it when I asked why they took me in. I was about five. I heard about everything from the massive coverup to the horrified drinking binge. Including that other agents went on the same binge when they heard I'd be born. Apparently I was a sign of the world ending?"

"To many of us, lad." He smiled. "Though you do remind me a lot of your father."

"But I'm good at smartass. It's like a shield." He grinned. Someone walked in and he looked back, tossing the phone to his father. His father read it over, grimacing. "Had it two nights ago."

"Wonderful," he said, passing the phone back. "You need survivalist lessons sooner."

"We went to pick out my kit together and she explained how everything could be used for multiple reasons."

"Good. Let's go work on how you survive then." Xander nodded, looking at the boss, who waved them off. He led him up to that training area so they could go over things. Xander had some skills. They could up those.

***

Xander looked up from his lesson on disarming bombs when a mad, bald man stomped into the gym they were working in. Xander blinked a few times. "I'm going to guess it's magical since you're glaring at me and I've been a good boy for the last few days," he said dryly. "I haven't even gotten sex in two days."

"There's somehow a being hacking us that doesn't go back to any computers," he said dryly, staring at the boy.

Xander grinned. "Willow used to hack before the magic addiction. Yeah, she can probably do it that way. There's about eight technopagans she knows that can combine magic and tech support that way."

"How do I stop it or block it?"

"I know absolutely nothing about computers," Xander said then shrugged a bit. "Willow interrupted each time someone tried to get me to learn anything beyond how to email. That was *her* area and something boys shouldn't be able to do so it couldn't upset her areas of genius. Though, the only good way to interrupt magic is to disrupt the witch. Everything from taking their attention away to ultimately a tazer in some circumstances. If it's Willow, making her huff and focus on something else you're doing back to her might be enough. I've distracted her from magicing the college by sending her flowers in Tara's name. It made her forget what she had been doing for a few hours and by then Tara had finished classes and took her attention the rest of the way away."

"Xander, this is Merlin," his trainer said with a hand-wave. "He's our head handler."

"Hey. I'd go stop her but I know nothing about computers."

"I want those other names."

Xander pulled out his phone to get into the files. "Here. The ones I know about thanks to Willow. There may be more. Not sure. Willow didn't want me to learn anything about magic even though it goes spectacularly wrong around me."

"I'll hand this back in a few," he said, taking the phone to download all the files off of. The boy had a lot of files he wanted to have. Harry leaned in and casually came to look over his shoulder. "We need to find a way to distract that one."

"She's prudish, thinks she's always correct, and thinks my son is her puppy," Harry said dryly. Merlin stared at him. He nodded. "Call out there, see if someone can interrupt her. It probably takes meditation."

The training agent led Xander in. "He had an idea."

Xander took his phone. "Don't erase anything, I'll need them for the later slayers I'm going to be training." He called someone. "It's Xander. Willow's going to be arrested by MI-5 in about ten minutes if you don't stop her. Since we've had two visions of an apocalypse battle here in London and one in LA that'll take magic to solve...." He listened. "Exactly. I don't know, Matty. She's hacking magically." He nodded. "Please. Like right now if you can? Decent, man. Thanks. Remind me I owe you a kitten when I get home."

He smiled and laughed. "Sure, or a paw rub. That's cool. No, trying to piss off my real father. No, he's not MI-5 but they know about him and they're going to be *livid*. Like end times livid. Thanks, Matty." He hung up and handed the phone back. "A poker contact will gladly have her distracted somehow. She's in the bathtub doing it while reading romance novels." He walked off shaking his head, pausing to bang it against a wall in the hallway.

The training agent smiled at them. "He plays kitten poker with the peaceful demon circuit."

"We need to know more about that," Merlin ordered. "Interrogate him."

"He'd just giggle through it, Merlin. I tried by seeing what sort of pain tolerance he had. He giggled at a lot of it." She strolled off.

"I should be proud but I want to obliterate the ones who they made raise him," Harry said dryly. "Thankfully they got sucked into the hellmouth when they refused to leave Sunnydale."

Merlin looked at him before finishing the download, handing him back his phone. "Hand that back to him when you try to straighten him out, yes?"

"I've suggested he could try to sign on here. He says that's more important."

"It is," Merlin agreed. "But more deadly."

"He's certain he'll die in a battle. I don't want him to have that certainty."

"Then be a father before you die in one," Merlin said dryly, pointing at his doorway. "Go." Harry nodded, going to talk to his son about the poker circuit. Xander nicely took him to a poker hall to get him introduced. It'd be great help for them in the future.

One even nicely shared how they had distracted Rosenburg with a strip-o-gram this time. She had been so horrified she couldn't do magic or even speak for over an hour. Buffy had been pleased though so that was kind of them.

***

Xander took the time to drive upcountry again, going to check on the two 'local' slayers. They were at college, and it was a pretty campus, but Xander felt the need to run away from all the nerdy glares he was getting for being in jeans and not a suit. He smiled at the dorm monitor. "I need to see these two please?" he asked, handing over their room information from the Council's system.

"Do they know you?"

"Yes. I'm their trainer as well."

"Oh. That's nice." The dorm monitor called up there and one came down to glare at him. "You do know him?"

"Yes. Why are you here, Xander?"

"Two reasons." He smiled. "Checking on you for Giles, because he asked very nicely, and I'm in country taking some survivalist training with some of my dad's people. But there's news that hasn't been passed on by the gossip chain that he wanted to make sure you knew."

"Fine. Let him up. We can kick him around if he makes Kim cry."

"I've heard why. We're going to get her a nice vacation for it," Xander quipped. "Because the circuit in London heard." She winced at that. He signed in and followed her upstairs, nodding at Kim as he walked in. "Giles sent me to check on you two." He closed the door and stared at them. "If they say something I'm still your trainer. I'm going to the girls in Africa in a few weeks." He handed something to Kim from his back pocket. "Your leave paperwork because you can't hope to do anything in that condition," he said quietly, staring at her. "The London circuit heard and told me. No one has told Giles."

Kim swallowed but nodded. "I was going to go on non-patrol status anyway."

"That's cool. I'd expect you to do that yesterday." He grinned. "It's not all bad. Look at all the sword sharpening time you'll be getting."

"Point. Plus study time." She smiled. "Is there other gossip?"

"Tons of gossip." He sat down in their desk chair. "To start with, my dad's not exactly a British Fed but something like that. They weren't tracking the Council but are now because Willow magically hacked them." Both slayers groaned and winced, shaking their heads. "From the tub while reading a romance novel. I asked one of the circuit there to do something and they sent a strip-o-gram to distract her." They giggled. "So I might expect someone to come see you guys now and then. They told me to warn you about this by the way. MI-5? Highly pissed that the Council doesn't have anyone in London."

"Wasn't one of the girls coming over?" Kim asked.

"Broke her leg. Kennedy's coming." They grimaced. "Yeah. I taught them how to get into Willow's computer so they could see what Kennedy can be like. My dad can outdo her dad for manners though so you never know. I'm pretty sure someone's going to say something to her about being an american upstart though. So if a highborn guy in a really nice suit shows up and his name is Harry, or he says he's from Harry, it's one of my dad's friends." The girls nodded. "Okay, second, bad news." They groaned. "Two visions of things in London coming up. One in LA that's *huge* and London comes after that one. It starts off with a peaceful protest someone's going to interrupt." He let them see the visions. "Kim, you may not."

"No, I know better," she agreed quietly. They read it over then she looked at Xander. "Can we have help for ours?"

"Yes. I've also shown Dad's people so you'll probably get some help jumping in as it happens."

"Good!" the girls agreed together.

Xander smiled. "At least all the baby slayers around here have good families. I'm going to Africa. Where they don't like strong women." They nodded at that. "Two of mine are already orphans. We'll have to start as soon as we land. You guys, so much easier."

They nodded. "We have that one girl in Scotland too," Brienna said.

"You do. You also have a few spots that apparently no one ever told the old Council about. Including a bubble that leads to Camelot. Met Guinevere. She was really sweet about me stumbling into their realm thanks to a drugged fairy."

The girls stared at him. "How?" Brienna asked.

"No clue. Willow refused to let me learn anything about magic so I wouldn't be able to control the weird things that go on around me." They shook their heads. "Now, I've also got a prezzie." He handed over a book that had been in his jacket pocket. "Training manual in case you guys have friends like me who want to jump in."

"You mean we can do that?" Kim demanded.

"Yeah!" He grinned. "It worked so well for Buffy and you girls are to have mostly normal lives. Get a boyfriend, or girlfriend, and they want to help? Train their asses. That way they're not vulnerable. Besides, sparring can be great foreplay." He smiled. "You can have all the help you want if you want it. Officers, agents, whoever volunteers is great."

"We thought we were put together for that," Kim said, looking at Brienna.

"No, you guys were put together because you both came here. Make a slayer house, ladies. Get friends, get family, whoever. If they want to help, make sure you can train them. It's a lonely duty without help. Look at how long Buffy lasted because of help."

"She hates that you jumped in."

"Then I'll go back and undo the CPR I did when she got drowned," Xander said dryly. "She doesn't decide that. Not for you, not for me. She couldn't tell me not to go hunting, I did plenty of it without her permission in high school. Remember, you're the slayers here. It's up to you what happens in your area. Some girls would hate having help, like Kennedy. Most of you aren't Kennedy though, and she's not a great fighter." They nodded, looking at each other again. "Giles won't say a thing if you train your boyfriends or future spouses. If he does, refer him back to me. He knows it can only help you ladies last as long as possible and as healthy as possible. Though, he was compelled by Willow and the coven for a bit."

"So if our friends want to help we can train them?" Kim asked.

"Yeah. Being alone sucks." They nodded they realized that. "Having friends to help means that you have backup that can help you when you need it and we can't get there immediately. The only one who'll say anything is Buffy, because that makes her feel less special, and Kennedy, again because that means she's not a special one. Be yourselves and find a real life outside of slaying. Before you girls end up with stories about dating Spike and Angel."

"Eww," Brienna complained.

"They understood her calling."

Brienna shook her head. "Still a vamp."

"Yup." He grinned. "I said eww many days about her and Angel." He shrugged. "But I'm just a guy." They grinned at him. "Okay, anything you girls need me to pass back?" He got into his phone, showing them the chat room for the Council. "One of the nurses set it up."

Kim got into it on their computer, smiling at all the slayers. "That'll help when it's a bad night."

"Which is why she did it. A few of the girls were getting depressed that it's a non-winable war. You ladies need all the support you can get. Including me, even if I'm on another continent. All right?" They nodded. "Good girls." He got up to hug them both and kiss them on the forehead. "Let me know if you need to talk to a guy about things. I can certainly help when you guys don't understand why guys are idiots." They laughed. "Cool?" They nodded. "Good. Then be safe, I don't want to come back to be your pallbearer, ladies. Kim, be extra careful?"

"I can. Can I put in the papers this way?"

"Giles doesn't do computers. Sylvia does though." She grinned and nodded. "Okay, let me head back down country. Oh, I ran into an enclave town. Nearly scared a few until I pointed out we only handle the harmful things, not the really good cook or the pretty, nice waitress, or the kids that stared at me in awe." He wrote down the town's name. "In case they call? The guy at the pub is a genius in the kitchen. Such good lamb pie." They smiled. "Need me for more?" They shook their heads. "Then go get nibbly stuff. You need nibbly stuff to study." He winked and left them to chat and giggle behind his back.

"Wow," Kim said. "I can see why he's stronger than Buffy."

Brienna nodded. "A lot." They got into the chat room to talk to their fellow slayers. They all cooed about Xander coming to visit them. Buffy huffed but oh well. Buffy also got told about the two visions so she went to bother Giles about that. The girls could support each other and talk about boys. It's what girls did.

Down-country, Merlin smiled at the information the boy had given to the two slayers. It was useful and they could watch over the girls as well. Plus it'd give them help if they ran into strange things.

***

Xander stretched, looking around as he got out of the airport in Cairo. He found his car waiting and headed out to find his slayer. His father would visit when he could. He found her out fighting and shot the demon with his crossbow. "Slayer Milana."

"Who're you?" she demanded, staring at him.

He grinned. "I'm Xander. I'm the new training watcher over all you girls in Africa."

"Why?"

"Oh, shit, you don't know. You're not the only slayer, dear." He shot another demon running toward them then looked at her again. "You're all active now. You're not alone, and the *new* Council said you're only to patrol if you want to."

She blinked. "Really?" He nodded. "How can you prove it?"

He pulled out his phone, calling Faith. "It's me, and I found Milana. She didn't know she wasn't the only one."

"Great," Faith said. "Milana, I'm Faith. The last one called by herself."

She came closer. "I saw your memories when I activated." Xander let her have the phone. "Why are there so many of us?" Faith explained that and she slumped, nodding during it. "So I'm not the only one?"

"You may be one of the oldest on this continent but the slayer is now a normal girl with a nasty duty she has sometimes. You only go on patrols if you want to. Plenty of the younger slayers want to be normal women who fall in for bigger battles."

She blinked at him. "I was told by the village elders it was time for me to go do my duty."

"I can help you explain that to them." He patted her on the arm. "It'll be okay and I'm going to make sure you girls down here get to talk to each other whenever you want. You all need the support." She nodded, walking off with him. "I've got all sorts of training materials to go over with you."

"I had a watcher but he got sick and fell in love with a woman in my village. He trained me while he could."

Xander grinned. "You're lucky. If you want to stay here, you can do that as well. It's up to you."

"My mother will be pleased I can find a husband some day."

"It's hard finding one that'll respect your gifts, but yup, you can. He can even hunt with you. Though, pregnancy will be dangerous for you so you'll need to make plans to have someone cover and protect you."

She smiled. "I can hopefully do that." She led him to her local contact, letting him handle the meeting.

Xander looked at the man, nodding. "Hey. Xander Harris. Training watcher over the slayers in Africa."

"There's only one."

"They're all active now. The battle in Sunnydale, the one that took down the *old* Council, meant they all got activated. We needed seven to stop the First Evil."

"So they're all.... What if they're young?"

"They're active and we don't believe in slayers patrolling unless they want to and until they're actually women." He sat down when the guy pointed at one. "The team in Sunnydale rebuilt the Council. There's been a lot of changes. We don't take slayers from their families. The girls are expected to be young women, just like all the others only they have a duty now and then. It's up to her if she patrols, or if she just patrols during college." He smiled, swallowing some. "Sorry. What is that gas?"

"How did you know?" the man demanded.

Xander grinned. "I'm from the Sunnydale team." He shot the two men rushing in to stop him. "Sorry but no. I'm not going to let you hurt her." He checked her neck then walked off carrying her. He ran into an officer. "Hi. I'm Training Watcher Harris." The officer shuddered, looking away from him. "Her contact just tried to kill us both. Pity. I'm going to the hotel by the market, the one with the purple awnings when you're ready to come chat?" The officer nodded, calling that in before going to check on the bad guys. Xander carried her to his motel room, letting her have the bed and a cold compress on her forehead for now. Xander pulled out what he needed her to see, and anyone who wanted to help her. Police officers showed up later but agreed they had been attacked. They settled in to talk about the slayer gifts and how many were called.
It was going to be a long trip through Africa to meet his girls. When his father showed up by walking in and going to check on the slayer, Xander just shook his head. "That's my dad," he said with a point.

They nodded, leaving that topic for now.

***

Prologue:

***

Merlin looked at the pledges then at Harry Hart. "You brought in someone who reminds me of your son only more openly mouthy and a Brit?"

"I noticed that," he agreed quietly. "I think he'll do fine being a more normal agent. I'm still trying to talk Xander into being one. Especially after the extra large demon he was injured battling the other day."

Merlin looked at his friend again, shaking his head. "Your son's nuts."

"He has a duty. I don't begrudge that, but I do not want him to be killed doing that. We need to send a few of the better failed pledges to the Council to become watchers to spare Xander."

Merlin nodded. "Might help but then they'd be barmy too," he muttered. "All right, let's see how the more obvious version of your son does then." He started the process that would flood the dorm room.

***
Prologue 2:

***

Xander looked up from checking weapons as a young guy in a suit wearing dorky glasses walked up to him. "I recognize the suit," he said quietly. "And the glasses. They really should use something more fashionable so you fit in better." He went back to the artillery fixing.

"Merlin sent me, Xander." He changed his stance at the indrawn breath. "There's been a situation up there."

Xander looked at him. "What sort of situation?" He straightened up, moving closer to him.

Eggsy looked at him. "Well, first, we thought your father was dead but someone brought him back to us to torment us and him. Secondly, you missed a huge problem going on that we've now solved."

"Why wasn't I told that my father had been killed in action?"

"There wasn't much time, mate. It was a huge problem."

"I know about those," he said dryly. "Let me handle this huge problem and then we'll go check on my father?"

"I wasn't given orders to bring you back."

Xander leaned closer, smirking evilly. "I'll destroy that pretty manor house you guys are using," he said quietly. "Then I'll dance on the ashes and have things like the ones that're coming help me. I'm going to go see my dad and if Merlin doesn't like it, he can blow me. I'm pretty sure his mouth's good for it. Got it?"

"You're mouthy," Eggsy said.

Xander smiled. "I've taken down demonic armies. You guys?" He snorted. "Yay. I heard about Valentine's plans afterward and laughed my ass sick. Though it's nice that parts of Europe and the US would've been less filled. Less people that would've been snacked on by the demons I gotta fight now and then." Eggsy glared at him. They both looked over at the roar. "Can you handle artillery?"

"Probably." Eggsy was staring at the very large demon, trying to figure out how to kill it the fastest, safest way possible. Merlin had warned him about Xander.

"Good. Fire on their stomachs. It's the only vulnerable spot after we get the purple shields off them." He jogged over. "Now, people! Let's move!" He and his 'people' moved in to handle the demons.

Eggsy helped where he could but then more demons showed up and he heard Xander swear. Then he saw Xander with a... battle axe? "Merlin?" he asked. "Are you getting this?"

"I sure am and Harry's going to be very peeved at his son. His form sucks." He pulled up something. "Looks like the ones in the red beanies can be shot by lead."

"I don't have that."

"Improvise."

"I can do that." He pulled his gun, checking the table with the weapons. "Bullets." He checked them.

"Those have lead casings," Merlin said.

"Brilliant." He changed the clip in his gun and fired on the red beanies. "What about the blue ones?"

"Council's handbook says beheading."

"I'm not trained for that really."

"No, we don't train with swords but I'm going to start making it optional." He clicked a few things. "Watch out for the female higher up, or taller one, whatever she is." Then Xander turned and killed her with his axe and got another blue beanie wearing demon. Eggsy fired some of the artillery at the other taller one, making it shriek and pull off the burning shield around his vulnerable spot. Eggsy paused at the naked male demon that was making his head throb, then he fired on it again. Dead demon. He fired on the other red beanie ones until he ran out of bullets then jumped in. He slid under Xander's swing and got the one trying to creep on his blind side. "How did you learn to do this?" he demanded.

"I jumped in when Buffy showed up in my town. The start of tenth grade. I learned how to behead and stake on patrol." He shrugged. "It happens. Now we insist the slayers train their helpers or boyfriends or girlfriends." He swung on another and got cut. "Bitch, this is my last clean shirt!" He killed that one and kicked it over then turned to hit a few behind him. "Fuck, this is going to suck," he noted, then pulled something and set it off. All the humans were fine but the demons dissolved in the flash of light. Xander panted, leaning down some. "Damn I hate using that thing. It's handy but it sucks."

"Some were missed," one of the other fighters called.

Xander turned and threw something at them, making them scream as it went off. "No I didn't." He looked at Eggsy. "Let me clean up and we go back to England to check on my father? Or should I go offer some mean lady a blow job to get me up there? I've got a few I can ask."

Eggsy stared at him then smiled. "Your dad's not usually mouthy like that but I can see the resemblance."

"All but the fact I look sucky in suits and I wasn't raised with manners." He looked around at the mess then at the people. "All right, debt's paid once they're burned. Loot if you want. I noticed some had chains and stuff." They shook their heads. Xander looted instead and they set the demon remains on fire. Xander walked off, taking the last of the artillery with him.

"Who're they?" Eggsy asked.

"Militants. I blackmailed them into it because they all wanted to blow me when I was stripping the other day. I had been hoping to catch the attention of another group but they're good. Very good. They even had artillery I could bum because I was out." He grinned.

"You're bonkers."

"Sometimes you gotta be to do the job. Especially this job." A new demon, this one in silks like she was a belly dancer, appeared and cooed behind her face veil. "Hey, Melinda."

"Xander. Such a strong warrior. I could use some in my employ."

He smirked. "I'd take all your minions and make them mine. You know that." He blew a kiss. "I've got to go check on my biological father. Someone tricked people into thinking he was dead. This is Dad's last protege, who people told me reminded him of me."

She smiled at Eggsy, patting him on the cheek. "You're adorbs, dear."

"Thanks, ma'am, but I really have to get him back up there. His father's in pretty bad shape."

"We can do that. All I'll demand in payment is a kiss."

Xander kissed her through the veil, making her moan. "My stuff's still at the boarding house and I need a shower first. Is that prepayment?"

"I only have twenty more minutes. You can shower up there, boys." She brought them to London. "I'll have Jacques bring your things from the rooming house. You know he wants to flirt with you again." She winked at Eggsy then disappeared.

Xander looked around then at him. "I have no idea where we are. I didn't get to do a lot of exploring when we were in London. The guys who kidnaped me for dates didn't really want me to look around."

"This way," Eggsy said, calling them a cab. It picked them up and took them out to the manor house. He walked in shaking his head. "Things have changed a bit. Arthur was the bad guy."

"I knew he was a dick sucking douche bag when I met him, Eggsy. That's how I talked him into letting me do some limited training before going to Africa." He grinned. "It helped a lot." They made it to the infirmary and a nurse gasped. "Sorry, was just at a demon battle. Didn't have time to clean up. You guys have my father here?"

"He's Harry's son," Eggsy said, leading him to the right room. He walked in and found Merlin in there waiting. "We got brought back the easy way."

"I got a reading on that magical movement as well so we can see if we can find a way to duplicate it."

"Ask Willow. It takes a whole lot of magic," Xander said. He looked at himself then took off his t-shirt. "I don't want to drip slime on him. It might infect him and make him telepathic like it did to Buffy."

"Let me go shower then," Eggsy said, looking at Merlin, who nodded for him to go. He went to shower, change, and tell Roxy what had went on. She'd never believe this.

Xander leaned over his father's body, then hummed. "Huh. Well, all I need is two things. One of them being Mohr blood. The other being a spell patch that's in my kit." He called Jacques. "It's me. She said you'd do that. No, I need my first aid kit. My dad's seriously injured. Yeah, I'm in London. I can meet you for that." A demon appeared with Jacques and the bags. "Thanks, Herman." He kissed him on the eye stalk. "That's very sweet of you."

"We wanted to see you and the young pup he was training go out together. Many have bets, Xander." Herman smiled and disappeared.

"Cool." He dug into his kit, then kissed Jacques. "I adore you for helping me plan how to beat that small invasion."

"You're welcome," he said with a smile. "We like encouraging your weirder mind parts. It makes for a great dinner afterward. Tonight maybe?"

"Tomorrow?" he asked with a smile. "Let me get Dad back up to snuff?"

Jacques looked then at him. "I thought your dad worked for someone else, Xander."

"No, that's Mom." He smiled. "They had bachelor spies too. It was a plot to make sure they had better bloodlines. I could've went to Mom's people for training but half of them are bad enough to want to fuck me instead of train me. Mom even hit on me one night while I was training, he didn't recognize me." Jacques shivered. Xander winked. "I'll tell you about Mom tomorrow at dinner? Seven? Tell me where and if I have to find real clothes?"

"We'll go somewhere less high class so you don't have to fidget in a suit, dear." He took another kiss and smiled at the older man. "Which way to the exit?"

"This way. We won't even arrest you since you were helping him win an invasion?" He walked him off. Jacques nicely told him about the plan for the invasion and about his infatuation for Xander. Not many men could do what Xander did. Though Jacques did flirt a bit with Eggsy when they ran into him in the hallway. Merlin came back, finding Xander treating an injury with some brown looking blood. "We let him go since he was helping you with that situation. We'll arrest him for all his problems after you've gone back home."

"He's protected by a goddess." He grinned. "It's blood from a self healing group." He finished dabbing it on and stepped back after corking the blood. "Give me the red patch please?" It was handed over and Xander nodded as the skin and bone started to heal. "That should help most of it within the next ten hours."

"I want to hear more about this," Merlin ordered. "After you shower. You're downright nasty, lad."

"Yeah, well, dozens of demons, ya know," he quipped. "Did you ever figure out how to stop Willow hacking you?"

"No. Though we've warned her."

Xander laughed. "That usually makes her huffy."

"We sent a pretty agent who likes redheads to help train the younger slayers as well. Much more polite and nicer than Kennedy was." Xander grinned at him. "Shower?" he said with a point. Xander went in there to shower then came out to grab some semi-clean clothes. Merlin got him a t-shirt from Eggsy's locker since the poor guy didn't have anything clean. Then he sat down to wait. Debriefing Xander was going to drive him nuts. Eggsy came back in shaking his head. "You good? Any injuries?"

"Nerves," he said. "I didn't expect it to be that bad."

"It's nicer when you have dozens of military people around you," Merlin said. "We'd send you help."

"I tried to tell the girls about it and got snorted at for complaining about a single demon," Xander called. "That's why I never tell them about things that go on in Africa. Or Giles. He'd have a huge glasses polishing fit with scotch again."

"Scotch sounds like a good idea to me," Merlin said. Xander came out after drying off. "You need medical attention?"

Xander looked at him. "I don't do doctors. Even when I had dengue, I took native cures instead. Thanks though." He checked on his dad's wounds, nodding. "Going very well." He walked over to lean out, smiling at the nurses. "I used some Mohr demon blood. They're a self healing group and it's going well. In about ten hours it'll wear out so he'll need the wounds checked then if you want."

The nurse stared at him. "Why would you do that?"

"Because it'll seal wounds. It works well. I was nearly gutted and it sealed my stomach in four hours. I dabbed a few dots on here and there to heal his."

"I can pay attention to that," she said. "Who're you?"

"His son." He grinned. "Xander Harris, Training Watcher in Africa."

"Oh, you're with them."

"Yup, and fully trained shaman too if you need me to talk to the dead guy glaring at one room." He walked over to look up at the ghost. "Do you really want to be a vengeful spirit? They're just going to ignore you. They've got too much shit to do to handle the paranormal and the slayers don't deal with ghosts."

The ghost became a bit more solid, staring at him. "They took my wife."

Xander nodded. "They nearly took my dad. Why aren't you with your wife?"

"She's mad I'm mad at them. Said it's the job."

"It is." He nodded, grimacing. "The same as mine is. Sometimes it happens and if you're mad about it then bad things happen. You should bring her a treat and say you just wanted her to be safe so you didn't lose her sooner." The ghost nodded, taking something with him as he faded out. He grinned at the nurse. "Tell me if he comes back and I'll find someone up here to talk to him if you want me to." He went back to Harry's room but Merlin came out, letting Xander grab his gear so he could be stowed into a room. Then he and Merlin sat down to talk about what he'd been doing in Africa after Merlin promised not to spread anything to the slayers so he wouldn't get complained at.

***

Later that night, Merlin found Eggsy in Harry's room, clearing his throat to not startle him. "Now you know why people look at you then at Harry and ask if he's working on strategies to get his son to join us."

Eggsy looked at him. "That's a great thing. Maybe it'd be more sane?"

"Not likely. The boy draws arms dealers." He sighed. "We arrested a lot of people when he was up here training for five weeks. Some even kidnaped him from somewhere to take him to dinner or dancing."

"That's sweet of 'em," Eggsy said dryly.

"Indeed." They looked at Harry. "Did it help?"

"Tons. His head's nearly sealed."

"Good." He checked the machines then looked at Eggsy. "Can't sleep?"

"I keep seeing myself at a demon invasion like they had in LA."

"We're due one in a few days," Merlin admitted. "We'll send you with more bullets and weapons."

"Ta, Merlin. That's some scary shit and he did it with a *battle axe*!"

"Yup. He usually does. The slayers hate guns." Eggsy walked out shuddering. Merlin sat down to keep watch over Harry. So when he woke up and looked at him Merlin smiled. "Your son dosed you with healing demon blood."

"Why?" He moaned. "I got shot in the head."

"You did. Your son's very mad and he would've sent demons to eat Valentine but he had a huge problem to handle first."

"Charming. I'll talk to him tomorrow." He closed his eyes. "Quit lurking."

"Fine." He went back to his office to make notes and transcribe the talk with Xander. They really needed to find him a partner, backup, or recruit him to somewhere more sane. Before he died and someone decided they had to have an heir for Harry again. The next one might be even worse than this one.

The End.