Voracity's New Realms
New Realms of Imaginings

Site Info

We are the home of 1 author - Voracity.
There are 203 stories consisting of 486 chapters and 7315386 words.

RSS

Most Recent

Where It All Began. FRT
Where It All Began with the future bisexual disaster team members. And a fairly...

Random Story

Offspring Of A Former Life. FRT
Sometimes, what happens in the your past life resonates into your current one...

Other Sites


Skins



A Harris and a Half.

[Reviews - 3]   Author Profile: Voracity2   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Darcy was paused on her way back into the tower the next afternoon. "Mrs. Laufreyson," the agent said, grabbing her arm.

Darcy looked at him. "You've got the wrong lady, mister. I'm not Loki's wife."

"You were talking to him recently."

"Yes, about culturally relevant information."

"Why?"

"Because I wanted to know," she said, getting free. "My name is Lewis." She walked off again, rolling her eyes at the security team. The agent was following her but she got into the elevator before he could get through the security checkpoint. She walked into Jane's lab, handing her the box of lunch. "Fries like you wanted." Jane smiled, taking the box to dig into. "I just got accused of being Loki's wife by an agent." Jane stared at her, head tipped to the side. "Yeah. Oh, Stark," she called, knowing he had their lab bugged. "An agent just accused me of being married to Loki because they heard me talking to him about culturally relevant things for Jane."

Tony walked in a minute later, looking confused. "He's not an agent, he refused to produce ID and Hill scanned his picture in. He's a reporter." Darcy rolled her eyes. "Second, we're doing a bug check in a few hours." She grinned at him. "You went out without a security team escort?"

"No, I had one when I left. I stopped in the security office to tell them where I was going and they sent one of the guards with me. I know I didn't lose him in the two places we went. I remember seeing him when I came out of the café with her chili fries. I saw Steve too, you might ask him where the guy went."

"I can do that. That reporter, stay away from him."

"He grabbed me by the arm, Stark."

"I saw. Still?"

"I always try. They annoy me."

"Thank you." He left to hack into the city's cameras to find where that guard had went. Then he had to send Hill to get her guard from the alleyway that the hooker had gotten him into. Incidentally she had taken money from that same reporter earlier. So that was an interesting ploy. He showed it to Steve when he came in at his request. "The guard that had went with Lewis to pick up their snacks."

"Charming," he complained. "The guy okay?" Stark showed him the earlier video and Steve just nodded. "Even better. Who was it?" He put up his picture on another screen so Steve could look it over, including his press pass ID. "Do we deal with them?"

"No. They have a piece of trash rag." He looked at him. "I'm having him banned from the building."

"Thanks. We don't need that sort of press and I doubt Jane would at all." He considered it. "Do they still think Darcy's pregnant?"

"Yup."

"Can we fix that?"

"Not without endangering others."

"Even worse." He nodded. "Let me know how I can help and if he shows up again." He walked off thinking about it.

Stark got to work on the scanning of the rest of the group in the lobby who hadn't tried to get in. There were always a few reporters. Right now there looked like they were enough to hold a press conference. Which no one had called for. This was going to be insane. Six months of insanity.

Darcy walked in. "We have to get Thor some sort of birth certificate or passport for the wedding, Stark. Or we have to move it to Asgard and guard Jane."

"I can find someone to forge one," he said, looking at her. "How soon?"

"They wanted to sneak away and do it in the woods. Maybe by a lake Jane was saying. So we'll need a quiet Justice of the Peace and a lake cabin that's protected for their honeymoon. And we can't go out of the country because the immigration people have went on record recently that Asgardians can't legally visit the US without a visa, and there's no way to do that."

Stark considered it. "Are they going to raid here?"

"Technically, ICE can raid anywhere within a hundred miles from any border. It has jurisdiction and doesn't need another agency to go with them." Stark grimaced. "We're well within that and so is Malibu. So was our spot in New Mexico."

"Great. So basically we all need to move to Arkansas."

"That area of the country could use a shot of decent paying jobs but don't move us there please. They're horrifying in some local laws and there's a militia in Texas who would love to shoot Thor. And Steve."

He grimaced. "I don't want to move the tower anywhere anyway. Too much work to do that. Is the new upstate facility within that hundred miles?"

"By about thirty I think. If it's where I heard rumors about."

He looked up a map and nodded. "Yes it is. Huh. I'm doubting they'd want to admit to Steve's actual birth certificate."

"Not sure but he is an American icon."

"Is Las Vegas within that hundred miles?"

"I think it's outside it. Not totally sure. Then again they'd just have to get an FBI agent to go with them for it to be legal."

"This is so screwed up," he decided.

"Yup, and there's another screwed up mess." She sighed as she sat down and pulled up an article she had found last night. "I didn't hear him complaining so I doubt he saw it."

He took her phone to read from, wincing. "That won't go over well, no."

"Yeah. And you know someone's going to shout it at him when he's running or something. Want me to stage an intervention?"

"Yeah, that might be a good idea. I'll get his buddy from DC. You get his shadow."

"I can do that." She walked off. "Two hours."

"Got it. It'll only take an hour to fly from DC. No matter which way he takes." He sent that coded message that Steve was going to need him for some bad news. He got back an 'I'll be there in forty-five. I was off today anyway' back. That made things easier.

Darcy fiddled with some food things for Thor and the Asgardians. Sif was going to talk to those idiot half-Asgardian boys who wanted to be warriors. The Warriors Three were playing video games. So that was handy. When she saw Sam show up she handed over the phone with a nod. "We're going to warn him," she said quietly.

He read and winced. "Yeah, not going to go well. Oh, dear." He handed it back. "Where is he?"

"Not sure." She looked up. "Hey, J man? Where's James and Steve?"

"Reading in their apartment, Miss Lewis," the AI said. "Doctor Foster is looking for you."

"Tell Jane a half-hour and I'll be there. It's important."

"She said that's fine, she's looking for her reports from last month?"

"Orange folder, back of the file caddy on my desk. Arranged by month," Darcy said.

"I've told her and she said thanks."

"Not a problem. Thank you as well." She looked at Sam, who was still wincing. "C'mon. It's going to be loud." She carried lunch with her to their apartment, letting Sam knock. Steve opened the door, smiling at them. "I bring sandwiches, Sam, and not happy news." She walked in to hand James his food then smiled at Natasha. "Did you read the Times?"

"Stark told me," she admitted. Sam grinned as he shook her hand. "Sam."

"What sort of bad news?" Steve asked. He looked at his plate of food. "Fluffernutter. It must be really bad?"

"Yeah." She sat him down on the couch. "First, a few things have come out recently. One of them is that immigration wants to arrest Thor. And they can do it without having to justify anything within a hundred miles of any border." He settled himself into his seat and ate a bite of sandwich so he had something to chew on. "The head of immigration actually went on the news to say that there's no way that any Asgardian should be on earth without having to hand in visa paperwork and of course they didn't."

"What's worse than that?" he asked. "Because I can see so many ways that could be the worst possible news."

She took the sandwich from him and handed over her phone, getting into the story for him again. "I found this last night. It's the same sort of genius that thinks I'm the surrogate for Jane but they're believed by people like the president. He's quoted that source before."

Steve looked at the story, frowning as he read it over. He was scowling by halfway through and Natasha had to save her phone when he threw it. He stood up and started to pace, huffing. "How dare they!"

"I didn't want you to hear that from some idiot who was trying to get you to comment on it while you were on a run, Steve." He glared at her. She stared back. "You know some reporters are like that and they'd do that. Then you'd probably be in jail for assault on a reporter."

"I..." He nodded quickly. "I could see that happening." He looked at Sam.

"They said you needed someone to rant and scream around who wouldn't flinch away from you," Sam told him. "I'm off today anyway so I thought it'd be a great time."

Steve let out a tiny snort of displeasure. "It may be a great time to hear me screaming and ranting at people." He looked at Darcy. "Now I know you brought me fluffernutter. I can't talk through it."

"Yeah," she agreed, smiling slightly. "Plus it's comfort food."

"It is." He took it to eat while he paced and thought. "Press conference?" he suggested once he got his mouth clear of the stickiness.

"No clue how you'd handle it," she admitted, handing the phone to James. He read it and growled. She patted him on the metallic hand. "Hey." He looked at her. "We know they're wrong. They're major dumbasses and conspiracy theorists. Last month they decided that Thor was hiding the fact he might be another sort of alien who came down here to take out human men and rape the women because his muscles made men feel inferior."

James hung his head and shook it. "I saw that article."

"How would that... never mind," Steve decided. "I don't want to know how they came up with that idea. Clearly they never learned anything in their lives." He looked at Natasha.

"Stark showed me a bit before I showed up to help you think up nasty ideas you're too nice to do," she told him. "Or to sit on you if you tried to go beat the living crap out of them."

He nodded. "Might help."

Darcy looked at Steve. "I didn't want to tell you but I'd rather you find out that they're stupid that way here instead of while you're out doing something. Also, a thought, but your ID? You need a real ID, Steve. You and James both. It's too dangerous right now for you not to have an ID."

"I... Hmm. I have whatever SHIELD worked out for me." He looked in his wallet. "That's a government ID but it's expired. Oh, great."

"You need your license," Darcy reminded him. "Remember, we have stop and frisk and confiscate if they find anything on you like money, then you have to go to court to get it back."

"That's illegal," James said.

"Not anymore."

"That's stupid." She nodded. James grimaced, looking at Steve. "So we both need ID's. What do we need for that?"

"Birth certificate or other proof of identity, at least two proofs of address like utility or official communications, and I think you need social security proof."

"That's a list of nearly impossible," Sam said. "They usually have some sort of alternate documentation you can bring in."

"If he can get his social security card reprinted that would help," Natasha said. "I'm not sure how though."

"I have one," Steve admitted. James nodded he did too. "It's a real low number. I'll ask Hill how to get that done. You looked into it over Thor's?"

"Yeah. He needs a birth certificate to get the wedding certificate. And if he goes out of the country they'll try not to let him back in. He'll have to file as an incoming illegal alien spouse if they catch him."

"Oh, wonderful," Steve said. He nodded once. "Not like they can deport him."

"No but they can keep him in a jail cell or put him down in Gitmo," Sam said. "It's wrong but the current politics is a mess." Darcy nodded to back him up. "All right, so we'll work on the ID stuff this afternoon. See if we can get everything together. What about Thor's?"

"I asked Stark to see if he could find something," Darcy said. She shrugged a tiny bit. "Not like they'd probably accept an Asgardian birth certificate if they have them."

"Point," Sam agreed. "That would be weird." He shrugged it off. "All right, any other bad news?"

"Jane, Bruce, and I are going to be at the science conference starting tomorrow afternoon."

"The guard that went with you got jumped by a woman of questionable virtue who the reporter had paid," Steve told her. "Stark found that out."

"Oh, that's nice of him. I'm sure the guard didn't want to be sexually assaulted that way." She stood up. "Let me know where I can help." She looked at Steve. "If you break into my apartment I made fudge last night while I was worried about that article. It's in my fridge on the second shelf down and leave me the peanut butter fudge." She left.

Steve smiled then sat down with a huff. "How stupid can some people get?" he asked. "Really? Not Darcy because she's awfully sweet to us all, but reporter sorts?"

"They'll say anything to get sales," Natasha reminded him. "This will sell papers to people who are outraged and some who will claim they knew it all along. They have their own network of stupid people spouting off stupid things."

"I've seen," James said. He looked at Steve. "How do we want to fight this? Beyond punching someone?"

"That would get us in jail," he admitted. "That'd be bad. Pity but it'd be bad. I'd really like to punch them in the mouth." He sat up. "Do you think having Loki trapped in the bathroom is making all this happen?"

"No," Natasha said. "The rumors that you were secretly HYDRA have been floating around since the fifties during the inquisition they did into communist sympathizers. One of them said that he was no more a communist than you were a nazi so they went off on you and the possible reasons. It was dumb but it happened." He stared at her. She looked those hearings up online to show him. "Every few years the story tries to reappear but people keep shouting it down. Then SHIELD and everyone fell to HYDRA."

"And I nearly died fighting them," Steve said.

"Doing a lot of property damage," Sam pointed out. "That made a lot of disgruntled people. Especially since they didn't ask you anything when they called you before Congress."

"Could we come out with what happened?"

"If you write a very fast book that will come out this week," Natasha said.

"No thanks." He got back to looking up the rumors about himself. "There's some awful and stupid people out there."

"Yes there are," Natasha agreed. "And they're the same sort that think I'm only good for stress relief. Apparently you're collecting Russians," she said with a faint smile.

Steve looked up at her. "I don't remember putting you on a pretty shelf and dusting you," he said then got back to the rumors. James laughed at that. "Oh, here I am gay and a nazi sympathizer. From someone in Israel. I should sue."

"You could," Sam said. "That's libel."

Steve grinned. "Would it cause fits?"

"Probably."

"Then I'll think about that." He went back to it. James finally took the tablet from him before he cracked it and handed it back to Natasha. "I need to talk to someone about those rumors. I also need to go hit a wall or something. I doubt a punching bag will do." He walked off scowling.

James looked at Natasha. "That went better than I thought."

"Me too," Sam agreed. "He didn't break a single wall yet." They all looked up at the momentary alarm that went off after two beeps. "Was that him breaking walls?"

"Could've been the labs," Natasha said. "Who knows what Stark blew up this time."

Sam grinned. "At least it's not boring."

"Not in the least."

James walked off shaking his head. "Flirting," he said in Russian. He would try to calm down Steve in a few minutes. He didn't feel like being punched today.

***

Darcy was prepping Jane's speech materials when someone stomped up to her. "Hey, Bill," she called, waving at the person. Their guard hurried over.

"Who do you think you are to break up Thor and his girlfriend!" she shrieked.

"I didn't do anything like that. They're in gooey minded love, woman," Darcy shot back without looking at her. The woman was fighting the guard until she looked up. "I fully support Jane and Thor being together, lady. I have no idea who the fuck you are but step the hell off before I smite you like Thor smites pastries." The guard got some help to haul her off. She looked at Jane, who was shaking her head. "Well, I guess we've had our crazy run-in for the conference," she said dryly. She handed over the notes. "In order. Your charts are on the overhead projector system. I started it two cards in since the first two were introduction stuff that the announcer will give." She grinned. "Have fun."

"You should go give it for me."

"I have not a clue what I'd be talking about, Jane. I know you hate public speaking but go be a big scientist and make them have science-gasms over the new stuff you're working on. Remember, this is more than the bridge this time." Jane read them over, going to get ready to go on. She only had about ten minutes. Darcy watched from the sidelines in case something got screwed up or their security team needed to rush out so she could evacuate Jane. Jane did pretty good until one of the questions got personal.

Jane looked at that guy. "I don't answer personal questions and this isn't the forum for that. This is about science, not gossip mongering stupidity." A few of the other scientists laughed at that. She pointed at someone else. "Your question?"

"About the bridge. How hard would it be to warp it to go to other planets that aren't aligned with Asgard?"

"I've got a working theory but it's off by a lot right now. Last time it opened a portal to the ethereal plane and we got some new tentacle friends who wanted to pet us." The guy gaped. She nodded. "I goofed up that math hard so I'm reworking it right now. If I could get it, I'd gladly share that. Well, unless we get those unicorn warrior princesses Dawn told us she got sent to by accident." She shook her head quickly. "They summoned her so they could have a *hero*. She said they're a bit spoiled."

"Aww," he said, trying not to laugh. "Seriously?"

"Seriously," Jane said with a grin back. "A few landed in the tower for a few hours so Dawn could send them home. Spoiled, fashionable unicorns who thought they were great warriors like Thor's people. I don't really want to go bother them. So give me at least a year to rework the math and test it."

"Sure, Doctor Foster. We can wait." He sat down, looking at the lady beside him. She was shivering.

The next question was a bit less science oriented. "How many aliens have you met?"

"Me personally? Just the unicorn princesses that appeared, Thor's people, and an alien tree being. He was really sweet but got sucked down here by accident in an artifact. They got him home after a few days. Not a lot of vocabulary but a really sweet guy."

"And dark elves," Darcy called.

"And the dark elves that invaded London that time. I didn't talk to them but I did meet a few I had to hit with something," Jane agreed. The crowd all cheered at that. "Any other questions?"

"Are you and Thor getting married soon?" someone from the back of the room called.

"No idea," Jane said dryly. "We're figuring those things out since he doesn't have an earth birth certificate at this time and we're not sure if we can get a license with an Asgardian one. Ask us in a year." A few of the people in there pouted. One looked really pissed off but she ignored him until she was walking off the stage and that guy stood up to shout 'aliens are evil' and tried to shoot her. Darcy saw him move and pounced Jane to get her behind the table. The security team got the guy down and Bruce helped from his seat. Jane panted, looking at Darcy. "Thanks."

"Not a problem, boss lady. You good? No pains?"

"No, no pains. I'm good."

"It's clear," one of the guards said, helping them up. "To the room, ladies." They hurried off with most of the team following them. He gathered her notes and nodded at the facility's officers before following. Doctor Banner followed them up there. "She said she's okay," he said in the elevator they shared.

"I can check," Bruce told him. "Just in case." That got a nod and they were let into the suite. He moved to check Jane's stomach. "Any pains, pressure? Weird feelings?"

"Anger at the idiot," Jane said. "Otherwise, no pains, Bruce." She patted his hands. "I'm okay. I promise I'm okay."

"Good. Let me know if that changes. Stress can't be great for either of you." He stood up. "Nice pounce, Darcy."

"Thanks. Unfortunately not the first."

"I heard. She should be fine." Darcy nodded. "You two rest up here."

"Okay." She looked at Jane then at him. "We'll sneak out later for tea and cookies."

"We can pick some up for you," the head guard told her. "That way you're not exposed."

"Sure, that sounds nice. Make sure the tea's pregnancy safe," Jane said.

"I can do that, Doctor Foster. Go ahead and rest. We'll guard you both and Doctor Banner when he goes back there."

Bruce smiled. "Most of them wouldn't attack me and if they did I'd almost instantly change."

The head guard looked at him. "That won't matter if they get off a lucky head shot, Doctor Banner." Bruce winced but nodded that was true. "Mr. Stark was sure that I'd be eaten by something Miss Lewis' brother found if I let any of you get harmed." Bruce nodded. "Paul, go with Doctor Banner." He nodded, following him back to the symposium. Bruce had to speak in about thirty minutes. The guard sent one of the lower people to the tea shop they had wanted to go to. Then he settled him to make sure the ladies were fine.

***

They were in the airport, the private terminal thanks to Tony Stark, when the next run-in happened. Some woman screamed and came rushing at Jane with a knife. The guards stopped her and Darcy got Jane moved with Bruce, but had to kick someone else that tried to get near them.

"Defilers!" the woman shouted, trying to get at them.

Jane looked at her. "You're so stupid. How can you be alive and that stupid?" She huffed off. Bruce and Darcy followed through the security gate and waited until their guards got through too. Jane looked at Darcy. "I have no idea where they got the idea that you're taking Thor from me since I doubt anything outside a huge battle could."

"No clue," Darcy agreed. "But it's really stupid of them." She patted her on the arm. "Want some water? The store's right there."

"No, I'm okay. Quit fussing, Darcy."

"Okay. Just let me know." She looked at Bruce, who shook his head. "Okay, you need anything at all? I've got your meditation cd in the bag, Bruce."

"I'm good," he assured her. A guy came jogging up to them, sneering. Bruce turned and punched the guy in the face. "I don't think we need more problems."

Darcy grinned, patting him on the arm. "They always forget how fierce geeks are." He grinned. "Though I think that's a reporter."

"I knew that. He accused me of sleeping with Thor and Stark last week."

"No, I doubt that'd happen, even with prodigious alcohol," Jane quipped. "Not even the power of tequila is that strong."

Darcy was trying not to grin. "I saw that article. It accused Steve of cross dressing too."

Bruce nodded. "He scowled but huffed and said at least he'd be a classy dame, not the one they had pictured in a mock up."

"Who was actually one of the legal team for SI," Darcy told him. "I just handed it to Pepper so she could tell that very mean lady."

"I wonder how many lawsuits they have to get before they shut down," Jane said, considering it. "I know there's already four thanks to the team."

"Five," Darcy said. "I'm suing them for libel for calling me Thor's concubine and side piece."

"No, you've only slept on his arm, not with him. Though there's a few days I might've wanted to tap out so I could sleep, I'm too jealous and hoarding him for that." Jane smirked at her.

"He's too cuddly for me anyway, Janey. I'd need someone with better smutty intent. I need someone who'll kick in my door, tell me it's been a bad day, and growl that I had better be naked by the time they fix the door. Thor's a bit too romantic for me. Romance is for later, after I've tested how well they can throw me down and make me squeal like you do."

She grinned. "He does make me make a lot of noise."

Bruce shook his head. "You know that reporter's going to print that, right?"

"At least it's the truth," Darcy said with a one-sided shrug. "It'd be a novel experience for him and coworkers. Plus maybe him actually printing the truth will mean he quits pissing us off until we have to sue them into shutting down." She gave the reporter a pointed look. "Wouldn't that be better for his career?"

The guy moaned. "But you're pregnant by Thor."

"I'm not pregnant. Never have been."

"But they're hiring an OB for the tower."

"Yeah, there's some pretty important people there who need that service, dude," Darcy said. "Including a few of the admin people. Why would they want to go to an OB that might get broken into or sell their records? It could compromise Stark International." He slumped back against the ground. "Just because Stark's good enough to take care of the rest of us too doesn't mean we're all pregnant. OB/GYNs do more than just deliver babies. I know that may have confused you since you've never seen a vagina in person, but they do have multiple functions. Especially with one of the science teams working on a better, stronger, long acting birth control at the moment."

"Oh." He pouted at Jane.

"Don't give me that look. I'll smash in your face and then go have coffee. You and yours have made my recent life a living hell."

He let himself be arrested by the local guards. Their security team made it through the security gate and stomped over. He glared at Darcy. "You can't sue us."

"I can sue you. You're spreading lies about me. Especially ones that have nearly gotten me stabbed a few times. That's your fault and your trash rag of a supposed paper has spread a whole lot of lies about the team that're getting them sued. We're thinking about a class action suit at the moment there's so many counts." He whined. "Tough, buddy. Suck it up. You lie and get caught, there's consequences. Didn't you get taught that when you were a kid?" The guard nodded at them then dragged him off. "Why did the other lady and the guy I kicked want us?" she asked.

"The man you kicked is throwing up a fit that you assaulted an agent," their security head told her.

"Yeah, right," Darcy said dryly. "If I did and he was actually not trying to grab Bruce or Janey, I'd be shocked."

"Us too," they agreed. "He had a capture order on Dr. Banner." Bruce grunted in displeasure. "He's going to jail as well since it wasn't a valid arrest warrant. He said he doesn't need one because he's not human."

Darcy poked Bruce on the bicep. "He feels human. He eats and drinks like he's human. So I'm guessing that agent's either a freak or an idiot."

"He is," another security guard said with a grin. "He also called you a slayer."

"No, my brother was Council. I guess that's better than most of my brother's dates thinking I was fucking him instead of just hanging with my little brother." She shook her head quickly. "Which reason was the woman's?"

"You supposedly being a slayer," the head of the team said.

"Wow, the stupid are breeding," Jane said. "We need to find some sort of way to weed out the bad DNA from the gene pool before it gets too heavy."

Darcy hugged her. "We don't believe in eugenics even if it would improve the gene pool, Jane. It'd be evil of us and I don't want to be that sort of evil empress some year soon when you drive me there." She smiled. "I'll have different evil goals. Maybe even mandatory education since it seems to be the reason for so much stupid."

"That could be. We could use better education. I'm kind of ashamed Thor has to see that we have humans that dumb."

"Even Asgard has inbred idiots I'm sure. Xander said there were. He's run into a few of them that weren't that bright. Thor's their prince so he has to be smarter and better and of course he surrounded himself with good people to be friends with. I'm sure there's a backwoods area on Asgard."

"True. Thor told me about an area that's scary it's so inbred but he said they were generally nice people."

"That's great. So are ours to anyone who's not an outsider usually."

"Point. Well, maybe we'll figure something out then." She looked at the team. "Paperwork?"

"Yes, ma'ams." They let them fill out the arrest reports and handed them in then escorted them to the plane. Bruce went into the back bedroom area to rest for the flight back to New York. Or wherever they landed since they got diverted. The pilot announced that they got diverted because of Mr. Stark calling in a warning that they were going to try to capture Jane again. When they landed, Xander came up to help them out and get them somewhere safer. It was a grungy hotel but it was apparently a lot safer. When Darcy saw the half demon, she smiled. It was one of their safe hotels. She smiled up at her brother. "Thank you."

"You're welcome. I don't want anything to happen to you or Jane, Darce. Who else would get to nag me?" He nodded at Bruce. "I'd miss you too but not in the same way."

"Thanks." They got shown into two adjoining rooms and settled in. Jane needed a rest. Bruce was awake and calling in. He looked at his phone then at Xander. "Stark said he didn't have us diverted, it was an agent. Likely SHIELD."

Xander nodded from his seat. "So I heard." He grinned. Bruce shivered. "Yeah, they're not getting in here. They wanted you guys to divert to Texas. Hell no."

"That's what Tony said. How much longer on this screwed up ness?"

"Four years," Xander said bluntly. "Or someone has to deal with a few idiots in congress."

Bruce considered it then sighed. "Can we do something about them?"

"Yes. We can publically embarrass them," Darcy said. "I need names, Xander." He handed her his journal, letting her find the information packet he had stuffed into it. She sent out a long rant on her facebook and linked it to her twitter. And to a few progressive article sites. A few she admitted were tenuous links back but six had signed a bill to get Bruce into custody and take his humanity from him. She laid out some beautiful reasons why those ones were less than the scum in her bathtub and needed cleaned the same way. "Are we suing, Bruce?" He nodded. She noted that on the end. Then she sent it and let him read it. He smiled and went to rest for now. She looked at Xander. "Will us being here hurt them?" she asked quietly. "I don't want anyone hurt."

"I don't think they're that stupid and if they try, this is demonic mafia run. I told them why I was asking for temporary sanctuary for you guys and they agreed it was important. You don't try to hurt the people that protect you."

"Agreed," Jane said. Darcy got her laying down by fussing at her until she did the smart thing.

Xander grinned at his big sister. "You're so good at that."

"Yes I am. It's almost a super power anymore." She settled next to him, getting a hug. "How much longer do you think?"

"If you want, you can go use my house in Africa."

"I might suggest that. It's pretty and Jane's never seen the southern hemisphere's stars." She looked up at him. "Would you be safe?"

"Yeah, of course I would. I'd so kick an ass."

"Asgard said even if it was an emergency I wasn't allowed to hide up there."

"Hmm, stupid people. Well, if they try to kill you too I'm going to help you kill them back."

"Thanks. I might need the help. Not sure yet." They shared a smirk and rested for a bit. The security team had the hallway and one was on the fire escape. They had the two geek's safely in the rooms.

***

Darcy looked around the safe house Xander had inherited. Then at her brother. "Wow."

"Well yeah but he was a guy who did a lot of money transfers for people." He shrugged but grinned. "I stopped in the town to tell them I'm here and they all scowled but know I'm not in his business. They hate it when I show up because somehow there's usually an attack."

"Greatness," Jane said, looking at him. "This time?"

"It'll probably break the trend."

The head of the new security team, specially hired for being in Africa, came out of the bedroom areas. "The house is clear. We found one mouse we stomped on and a lizard in a shower. Otherwise it looks good. The pool's water tested clear and needs chlorine. The showers out there are turned off but it's just a knob if we need it. Do we have a catchment tank?"

Xander nodded. "And city water. We have a well or two and city water. The well's the backup water. We do have a septic tank though."

"Good to know. The nearest town was the one we paused in?"

"In the other direction," he said with a point. "Is a small village that has a nice market I've stopped in a few times. One of my former slayers lives in the town on the other side of that village so they've seen me there plenty. They're generally pretty nice and she won't say a word if she recognizes me. No one there will."

"Even better. The town's security?"

"Good enough," Xander admitted. "Last time I knew only a few officers were dirty and taking bribes but it was to this house's former owners. He died of cancer. I inherited it."

"Good to know. Is this something they would expect your sister to hide in?"

"Half of everyone thinks she's my girlfriend, not my sister," Xander said with a grin. "If so, you'll hear her complaining that we're not screwing."

"Plenty of his ex's fall on the negative side of the evil scale but not fully there and usually they'll work with him to get things for the slayers or for a battle," Darcy said. "A few have met me and they're really nice."

The head of the security team nodded at that. "Okay. We'll filter visitors that way."

"Stark said they have a known coworker down here."

"He's a grunter," Xander said. "Had a battle near there and he grunted at me. I quipped back that princes were usually more talkative, just look at Thor. He glared a bit but huffed when I just smirked back." He grinned at them. "It's always nicer to be in battles with people you can at least call by name."

"It is," the head of the security team agreed. "Often." Jane went to look outside. "There's no good overlook in any direction but the front door for a sniper, Doctor Foster. So the pool area is safe for you and Doctor Banner both."

"Thank you. I should probably settle in for a bit, get used to the heat." Xander looked at the thermostat, turning it to a good local temperature. She smiled at him. "Thank you, Xander."

"You're welcome." He patted Darcy on the arm. "Behave, be safe. Call, woman."

"You too. No more battles."

"Unless they happen right in front of me, I won't." She hugged him and he cuddled back. "Be safer, Sis." He grabbed his bag and left, answering the text message he had just gotten. One of his ex's was asking about the pretty lady he was putting up. The note it was his sister got a comment of 'she's cute, is she single' and he said yes but she was around Avengers most of the time so she had some high muscle standards. That special friend laughed but agreed he didn't have that many but his second-in-command did and he was single too. He'd have to introduce them.

Xander sent back an email address for Darcy. Then he got into his car and drove off. He knew there was a battle soon and his girls needed some weapons he had stored. Thankfully it had been moved closer for him already. He picked up the trailer on the way to her village and heard the squeal when he parked there that night. He grinned at her. "I bring you stuff you're going to need soon by the rumors."

"I thought I sidestepped it." She pouted.

"Not from what I've heard. They're playing poker to see who gets to take your sister as a minion."

"Well...." She considered it. "I don't hate her *that* much right now." He smirked, handing her the key to the trailer. She opened the door and blinked. "They hate me having that sort of weapons, Xander."

"You need them. You have six battles in the next four months." She stared at him. "Visions still suck."

"Eww. Damn it." He nodded, grinning at her father. "He brought me higher weapons for battles we have coming up."

"That's kind of him. Xander," he said, shaking his hand. "How bad?"

"One thinks that your other daughter will make a good minion."

"That's bad."

"Two are portal events." The father groaned. "And the other's a higher being who thinks slayers are *cute* to collect. She'll need to blow that one apart to save herself. Most of them are for that one. The two portals will be too big not to call in the local military."

"I will call them tomorrow," she said. "Are you rehired?"

"Hell no. I'd have to put up with Buffy and Willow."

"I can understand that," she quipped. "They're nagging on the bulletin boards again." Xander nodded. "They said your sister's pregnant by Thor."

"They got that from a trash rag newspaper and no she's not. Actually, Thor got a blessing on his fiancee's womb by the local demon community in New York."

"Aww. That's sweet of them."

"He really likes the lady that's rebuilding the bridge."

"That's nice. I can't understand that sort of brains but it's sweet."

He grinned. "Jane's not bad. My sister works for her."

"Which is how that rumor got started," she realized. Xander grinned and nodded. "Great."

"No, great was they tried to attack Darcy in an airport in the US."

"Oooh, dumb people." An officer strolled over. "Xander brought me weapons for my four upcoming battles." She grinned. "Two with portals."

He looked at Xander. "You rehired on?"

"No. I just got her stuff from some friends. One she'll have to blow apart to keep herself from being taken as a special friend and collected."

The officer winced. "That's bad. Can we talk on that?"

"Yeah. I was going to get a room at the inn then talk with her and the others in the morning."

"That's fine. It's late tonight." They locked up the weapons and pulled the trailer behind their house to guard it overnight. Xander went to the local inn to settle in for the night. She put onto the bulletin board that Xander had delivered her weapons because he had foreseen a few battles coming her way. Buffy got all huffy about it but Dawn sent back a 'good luck' from her and her baby kraken. Her signature had two little waving tentacles. "That is so weird," she muttered as she typed. The bulletin board translated her typing in her native language into english for everyone else. They all knew that various governments had hacked into the chat room to monitor talks about future apocalypse battles. Including her local government so it was no surprise that she woke up to the sound of a military jeep. One of them went to look at the weapons to make sure they'd work. Another one settled in her living room to ask Xander about the upcoming events.

"Sir, two of the six don't work," the weapons investigator said.

Xander held up a key. "Universal key?" That got a grin. "And the other one probably needs some soldering. I've had that happen a few times. I'm really pretty good at fixing them if it's something simple."

"It looks like it's missing a module."

"Damn." He went to look, coming back texting that contact, who said he would send it on if he found it. He hadn't realized that. Xander sent back a thank you and left it there. He sat down with a sigh. "So you have five weapons at the moment."

She nodded. "I hope it'll be enough."

"Me too. You'd look sucky as a statue on a shelf."

She hit him on the arm. "It's not what I want to end up being either. Or my sister." Xander handed over the visions he had written down. They went over the timing. One was a solar event. One had a specific village event as the timing. One was an iffy timing and he had noted that. And the other one was her birthday because she'd be eighteen then. Just absolutely the present she always wanted. Really it was.

***

Darcy looked at her newest text message. "First, how did you get my number?" she asked as she typed. "Second, ewww, I'm not into incest. Xander is my little brother and I'll be damned if I'm going to screw my brother unless the fate of the world is at hand. Thanks anyway and why would I need a weapons deal?" She sent it and got one back apologizing, he thought she was in arms like Xander was and one of his paramours. She rolled her eyes before texting back that she was an assistant sort to a scientist and Xander wasn't into arms dealing, just getting what was needed to keep the world going. If he was in arms dealing she'd be pissed at him. He sent back a laughing emoji. She sent back a 'have a nice day, I have to make lunch for my geeks' and sent it before going to cook lunch.

Suddenly alarms went off and she sighed. "If that's the Xander boyfriend that just texted me, I'm going to beat his ass." She found her brother's, or someone's, baseball bat in a closet and went to beat whoever it was to relieve some stress. Jane had been cranky for days without Thor or anyone. Her morning sickness had really picked up without her daily infusion of Asgardian sperm. So she was cranky with Bruce and Darcy, who was tired of it. Darcy hit the guy getting out of the car with a bat, smiling at him. "Hi, how're you?" she asked dryly. She hit him again as he tried to get away. "Just the person I wanted to beat to death anyway! How dare you keep me from graduating!" She hit him again. He got up and tried to get away but she chased after him with the bat.

One of the security team looked at his boss. "Should I wing him so she can catch him, sir?"

He looked then nodded. "Shoot the dead guy," he agreed. "Because that's Nick Fury." The guard shot him in the calf. Fury yelped and went down so Darcy got to hit him a few more times. The head of the security team went to find Jane. "Your assistant is beating a dead guy named Nick Fury."

Jane walked out there to stop her. "Darcy, you have to let Fury live to fix his screw ups with your academic records."

"In a minute. He won't die from this." She hit him again. "Yet." She got kicked at but hit that leg instead of his shoulder or head. "Don't you dare fight back for all the shit you gave into my life. I'll seriously kill you if if you do." She hit him on the chest and he yelped, holding his chest. "GOOD!" She got the bat taken from her by Bruce. "Hey!"

"We need him able to talk to call in to fix your academic records," Bruce said patiently. He looked at Fury. "Though I'd like a few hits myself. Jane?" She tried for the bat but he held it. "I don't think that's an approved activity for you right now, Jane. Remember, less stress."

Fury sat up slowly, holding his chest. "You're mean."

"You fucked up my life, Fury. You're about to have a rude damn day." She took a picture and posted it to her facebook with a 'who is this, he tried to break in' message. Bruce winced at that. It disappeared within five minutes but she smirked. "See how you like it."

Xander appeared in a flash of magic, looking up. "Did I need to come save my sister from the walking dead person?" he called. "I was helping one of the slayers save her sister, people!" He looked at the guy on the ground then the bat. "May I?" he asked with a grin for Bruce.

"We need him alive to fix his mistakes," Bruce said. "Will your slayer be able to save her sister?"

"Probably. I had gotten them out of the house where she had been taken to. They were on the drive back. As long as the jeep didn't die...." Darcy showed him the text messages she had gotten. "Oh, Bertty. I'll talk to Bertty later," he promised, kissing her on the forehead. "If a douchebag comes up and says," he said, repeating something in the native language. "It means he thinks you'll be his wife."

"Hell no I'm not into that and I'll fight my way out or let you rescue me." They shared a smirk. "Can we finish telling your lovers that I'm a sibling?"

"Yeah, I can do that." He put an arm around her shoulders. "So, I guess I got sent to save you from that thing."

"Or Willow thought your slayer's sister wanted to be a wife against her will, which means I should use the bat on her," Darcy agreed.

"That's actually a possibility with some of the coven and her." He considered it then sent a message. "No, Loki sent me to calm you down before you found the well of magic you might be carrying." He looked at her. "He's worried you'll become Rosenburg."

"Bullshit that'd happen. I'm not addicted to power. Do you see me walking around cackling at the power I have over the science crew?"

"No," Bruce said. "We haven't seen that yet."

"Not since one of the tequila nights on the roof," Jane admitted. "Then you were all powerful and directing the shooting stars."

"I remember that night, kind of," Darcy admitted with a grin. Xander giggled, leaning on her shoulder. Jane yelped and held her stomach. "Oh, damn."

Xander walked over, patting her stomach and then rubbing a spot. "That helped all the pregnant slayers I've seen," he said quietly. "That and a coolish bath to relax in, Darcy's Jane. Go rest in one." She pouted. "You can hit Fury later."

"No thanks. I'll go soak in the tub." She walked off pouting.

"Check the mail," Darcy called. "We got a package yesterday so it might be your tablet and notes." One of the guards went with her to grab that package for her. She looked at Fury. "So, why are you here?"

"Why are *you* here?" Fury demanded.

"I inherited it," Xander shot back. "My ex died of cancer." Fury grimaced. "Suck it, dude. You're about to pay back for all the shit you had started. Unlike Doctor Banner, I don't need a bat. I have an axe." He pulled it out and let it grow in his hand. "I'm really good with it too." Fury scooted away from him. "So, you decided to screw up my sister's life to get back at me for saving the world?"

"I thought we could recruit her."

"Then why did you deny Hill the right to fix it before you all fled for your lives?" Darcy asked. "Found that paperwork too, Fury."

"I was dead by then."

"That was the say before you died, jackass."

"I..." He stared at her. "I'll fix it."

"GOOD! Then I'll quit suing Hill once it's fixed." She stared at him. "If you thought SHIELD would make me stronger, it did. A stronger bitch." She walked off. "Xander, need lunch?"

"Just a drink please, sis. Thanks." He grinned at Bruce.

"No, I have my own things to say to him, Xander."

"I can wait." He settled on the hood of Fury's car to wait. "I'm good since I didn't have anything else to do today." Bruce smirked at him. "Really. If my slayer's sister isn't okay she'll tell me." He texted her. She sent back an angry rant until he repeated someone had stolen him by magic to go protect his sister. She huffed but said they were both fine. They were nearly home when he was stolen. Her sister's sore arm was going to be fine. He pointed out he was about two villages over. She said she'd come pick him up. He agreed and put his phone up. "My little one is going to come pick me up so I'm not without my car. Darce, you get to meet one of my girls," he called.

"That's cool. Let me know when." She brought out glasses of iced tea for everyone but Fury. She smiled at Xander, who grinned back. "I like meeting your slayers. They're always more sensible and nicer than the two you grew up with." She strolled off again. "I'm making Jane something to nibble on. Let me know if you suddenly see an Asgardian."

"Yup, can do that," Xander agreed. He sipped his drink, staring at Fury. Then at Banner. He turned around so Bruce had some privacy. He seemed like he wanted to growl some things that Xander didn't need to know about. He even put in his headphones to give them some privacy.

***

Stark got the popped up message from Darcy's facebook and sat up, glaring at the screen. Then it was erased by Hill. "Interesting." He looked at the others in the meeting. "JARVIS just popped up a message from Darcy. Fury's at their hidey hole. Looks really rough too. Like someone hit him a few times."

Steve looked at him. "Are they safe?"

"I'd hope so." He sent a message to Lewis but it was blocked. "And of course Hill has blocked Darcy's phone. Yeah, not going to work." He unblocked it for her. "That way she can call for help if Jane needs it." He sent a text message and Darcy sent one back that she had found a bat thinking it was one of Xander's ex's that had taunted her about making a porno with her brother. Tony laughed and sent back something dirtier. Darcy laughed back and said Bruce had the bat and was talking to him right now. Then Xander might get to. Tony shook his head. "Some witch stole Xander from helping a local slayer there saving her sister to go save his sister from Fury. But Bruce has the bat at the moment."

"Bat?" Steve asked.

"Lewis thought the car was a former lover of Xander's who was taunting her about having sex with him. Apparently they still haven't all found out she's his sister." Steve shook his head quickly with a sigh. "So she took the bat to Fury's head."

"Aww," Clint said. He grinned at Natasha. "She's done something on my bucket list before me."

"We could go fix that but it may lead to problems."

"If they keep us from getting back into the US, they can handle their own problems," Stark said. He looked at them. "I'd be more than happy to watch people complain at them about that."

"I'm against punishing people for what they believe," Steve said. "But after last night's riot outside about us having saved the city, without any property damage beyond one single tree, I'm going to bend that ideology."

"If they keep us out of the country we can put it on that social media stuff," James said from his seat. "Let people know who to blame."

"Works for me," Tony agreed. "Plus it's really warm down there and they have a pool. And Thor could pet his own kid."

Thor stared at him. "No one would dare pet my child."

"If the baby kicks, Darcy or her brother might pat it," Stark said. "To help Jane. Kicking hurts from what I've seen." Thor scowled. "We've got to get you two married anyway, Thor."

"True. We could do that." He looked at his friends, who all nodded. Thor had been sulky without his Jane. Even his hammer was pouty and limp looking. Loki was amused but he was the only one. "We shall do that tonight?"

"I can get us all down there tonight," Stark agreed.

"If I go, SHIELD will throw fits," Clint said. "More than they already are."

"Hell," Stark muttered. "Forgot they grounded you again like you're a naughty kid."

"It means they want him to go on a mission for them," Natasha said. "One they don't want to admit to."

"I would wish my brother in arms Clint to be at the wedding festivities."

"We may need to bring things for festivities," Pepper said as she walked in. "Hill is mad."

Tony shrugged. "She blocked off Darcy's phone so she couldn't even call for help if Jane or Bruce needs it. Sure, putting up a picture of Fury on the internet is mean but still." He smiled. "We're going to marry Thor off. Coming?"

"I wouldn't mind the vacation," she agreed. "Would it be legal in the US or on Asgard?"

"Any wedding would be legal on Asgard," Loki said as he came in. "Magic is gathering to hit us all somehow." Thor got up to go stop whatever magic user was bothering them. "They could pause on the way back at some country's civil courts to renew it if they must."

"True," Pepper agreed. "That would bring attention."

"And hopefully some safety so Thor quits hovering like one of us is his mate." He walked off shaking his head. Dawn appeared with a squeak then summoned her purse, her phone, and her pet. In that order since he wasn't in her purse. "Chit," he said dryly.

"Okay, what happened?"

"You got summoned here. Thor?" he called. He stomped in. "Someone summoned her."

"I don't know why. I was having lunch. Thankfully I put money down on the table for the tab." She petted her baby, frowning some. "Hmm, interesting magic." She walked outside and put her baby on a chair then threw up her hands and cast against it. It shorted out with a lot of lightening. She picked up her baby and petted it, then sighed and looked up. "Warn me next time," she noted. "And send me back to Spain please. I have class in two hours." She didn't disappear. So she got to huff as she complained on a call overseas. The coven finally sent her back to where she had been with her things and her pet.

Thor looked at the two shed tentacles, handing them to Stark when he stomped out. "Mortimer is shedding."

He carried them out held as far away from him as possible. His biologists had wanted to look at Mortimer. As long as they didn't create a new one.

***

Darcy came out that night to find someone lounging by the pool. "Hey." She hugged Clint. "We have him locked in a bathroom. It's good enough for Loki. It should be good enough for Nick Fury."

"That works for me. I'm only pouty that you fulfilled a bucket list item before I did."

"You can have the bat. Bruce hid it but you can find it." He grinned. "The others?"

"I'm shocked Jane's not squealing hard." He pointed. She bounded over to greet Natasha and Stark, who were both lounging in the moonlight.

Bruce came out. "Thor's growling."

"That someone else patted her tummy?" Darcy asked.

"I think just that she looks sexy in the moonlight with her stomach."

"We can let Jane model that trashy armor I got sent," Darcy quipped with a grin. "It's in there because I packed it on her in case Thor showed up at the conference."

Stark burst out laughing, shaking his head. "That's a honeymoon night thing instead probably."

Thor stomped out. "Who touched my future child?" he demanded.

"The baby kicked her and made her stomach cramp so Xander showed me how he eased that on some of his slayers, Thor. Not like he groped her."

"No. He would not. He understands honor." He was still scowling.

Darcy hit him on the arm. "If you've already abandoned her I'm going to use that bat on you for being so bad to Jane. The woman's feeling sexy and you're nearby to help her with that, Thor. That's what a lover and husband does, isn't it?" He went back in there to help his fiancee feel sexier.

Everyone paused until they heard Jane squeak loudly. Her windows were open. "I can do more than cuddle, Thor. Really I can."

"Later, my Jane."

"Sure."

The ones by the pool all shook their heads. The rest came in and went to their rooms to rest for the night.

***

Darcy snuck into Jane's room the next day, waking Jane up with a nod for the bathroom. She handed her that special outfit she had packed and winked. "Because he only cuddled last night," she hissed. "We'll put some food up for you two." She winked. "Do your hair too." She left, letting Jane put on that trashy chainmail outfit. Jane brushed her teeth then looked at herself. Maybe she'd tart herself up for Thor. She brushed her hair then looked at her makeup kit, putting on some lip stain. A bit of eyeliner too. She heard Thor moving and checked herself, shaking her head. Darcy has some weird ideas. But the look on Thor's face when she opened the bathroom door was well worth the scratchy chainmail she wouldn't be wearing for too long.

Thor stared at her, growling some. "You tempt me, Jane."

She grinned. "Really? Should I go show it off to Sif? She wanted to see how bad this was."

"I doubt the others need to see you in that." He picked her up and tossed her onto the bed. He calmed himself before he ripped that cheap chainmail off her. Then he decided it was a good idea. That way he wouldn't be tempted again. It took him a few tugs but he managed to weaken a seam enough to rip the top off her. The bottoms she wiggled out of. "That helps me greatly." He pounced her to make her squeal as a proper wife does.

Outside, Stark looked up. He was barely awake. "Thor's awake," he announced.

"I put Jane in that chainmail outfit," Darcy said with a smile. "I said we'd save her some food."

Sif walked out of the bedroom area blushing. "I hear a growl from Thor."

"I put Jane in that chainmail outfit since he only cuddled her last night," Darcy quipped with a grin.

Sif hugged her. "Nice work, Darcy." She moved to get some coffee and food. The Warriors Three came out and they were avoiding the noise.

Jane let out one awesome squeal. "Nice work, Darcy," Natasha said.

"She was missing him. No one else used her as a teddy bear at night."

"Thankfully Thor never did that on camping trips during battles," Sif said. "I would've smote him. Though Fandral usually shared his tent."

"I do not cuddle," he shot back. "Not even our prince."

"If Thor's into polyandry, that's cool with all of us," Stark told him. "Or even polyfidelity."

"I think Thor's more possessive," Darcy told him with a grin. "She's his. Any others would've been fun. Though if he ever cheats on her, I'm going to emasculate him and feed it to him." She sipped her coffee. "Gotta protect the Jane."

Stark looked at her. "We'd all get out of the way, Lewis. We know you can be mean." She grinned and added more eggs to his plate. "Thanks." Pepper came out. "Food, Pep?"

"Just some tea for right now." She smiled at Clint since he was cooking again. "I don't usually eat for a few hours after I get up." He pointed at the water on the stove. She made her tea and sat down. Jane's sudden and loud shriek made her flinch. "Wow. He missed her." She took a sip of her tea. Darcy was frowning. "She should be fine."

"I think she passed out." She got to work on Jane's morning fruit and tea. So when Thor came out she handed him a large bowl and a teapot with a grin. He nodded and went back to his Jane. She followed with two cups and then closed them in again. Jane could wake up eventually.

Pepper was smiling at Tony. "He's very good to her."

"He is," he agreed. "And very loud with her."

"Loud just means it's too good to hide," Darcy quipped. "If it's that good you can't stay quiet," she said at Pepper's pointed look. "It's impossible."

"It is," she agreed. "I've been loud a number of times." Tony looked smug as he dug into his eggs. "The wedding?"

"Tomorrow," Clint said. "Natasha was getting someone official."

"If I need to I can ask Xander if he knows someone. One of his slayers is in a village a few over."

"If we can't find one," Natasha agreed from her seat. "Did Fury sneak out?"

"No. I put an alarm on the closet door," Clint said. "I let him hit the bathroom for a few minutes then put him back in there when I got up since that one's got the water shut off."

"Excellent." She delicately ate a bit of her eggs. Steve walked out blushing with James following him. "He's celebrating with that chainmail that someone sent Darcy."

"I heard." He got handed a plate by Darcy, who handed one to James too. They got food and sat down on the couch. Darcy got up to relieve Clint at the stove, letting him go sit down to eat and slurp coffee.

James looked over at Natasha then at Clint. "Thank you for cooking, Barton."

"I know that some of us are wary about food," he said with a nod at Natasha. "It was cook for us or taste test for her."

Darcy stared at Natasha. "Why didn't you tell me that? I would've let you watch me cooking stuff I made for you or however you needed me to do it."

"I know you would not poison us on purpose, Darcy. Calm down. I like how Clint does my eggs."

"Fine. You let me know if you have those things. I'll gladly do what you need so you can quit stressing over that little stuff." She got back to cooking up the leftovers. A plate got put in front of Pepper. "For when you're ready." Another serving got handed to Bruce and James, then Steve got the rest of the eggs and toast. "You two need to eat more." She had made a tiny plate and handed it to Clint. "For Fury. He can eat in the closet." He nodded, taking it to hand over then came back to finish his coffee.

"Thor! Be more careful before the baby gets a concussion!" Jane shouted.

"I don't think that's possible with the water sack around it," Bruce quipped then stuffed his mouth with toast.

"Probably not," Darcy agreed, considering it. "Though it might bruise her cervix." She shrugged. "She's not really complaining. I won't go save that lucky, lucky woman." She sat down with her bit of seconds. The next yell Darcy shook her head at. "She's faking that. Do it better, Thor, she's not squealing!" she yelled. "She needs to squeal harder!" Stark stared at her. Then Jane squealed loudly. "See, closer to real than the fake stuff." She grinned and ate her food. Jane suddenly shrieked and moaned then went silent again. "That's better."

"She'll need to be able to walk to the ceremony," Natasha noted. "Unless we wish to carry her on a chair?"

"If she cannot walk she should worship his godly thighs," Hogun said. "My wife said such the one time I made her that tired and sore." He ate his last bite of toast.

Sif looked at him. "Your wife was not pregnant or as thin as Jane Foster."

"I feed Jane as often as I can get her to eat," Darcy quipped.

"Some women are naturally that skinny," Pepper agreed. "I can't keep weight on either."

Tony leered at her. "I love all your pointy bits just as much as your squishy parts, Pep."

She swatted him but grinned as she sipped her tea.

"Thankfully I am married so I am more immune to such mushy moods," Hogun joked, grinning at Pepper. "Were my wife here, she would be cooing muchly and in my lap by now."

"I don't sit on him in public. People might want to share me." He laughed but nodded, patting her on the shoulder.

Darcy's phone rang and she stared at it. "Oh my fucking god, people!" She typed back at them. "Still not fucking my brother, Buffy. Get over it. Xander has plenty of lovers and I've never been one." She sent it and walked off shaking her head. "She's got brain damage from the hair dye," she complained. "Or from Rosenburg doing magic on her again."

The others all smiled at her back. It was fun watching her fight back at people who thought she should screw her little brother.

***

Heimdall appeared with the end of the bridge and gave Thor a sorry look then got out of the way. "The head of the Asgardian Council," he announced.

"Heimdall, you can celebrate with us," Darcy said, pulling him off the bridge. "Come, there's food and beer. Plus cake."

"Thank thee, Darcy." He settled in, looking at Thor. Darcy disappeared to go help Jane get ready.

"Why not hold this nuptial event on Asgard?" the head of the council demanded.

"Because she would get sick," Sif told him. "It is not a good idea at this time."

"Is she that fragile? If so, she is not a proper consort to our prince."

Thor scowled at him. "She is not fragile. She proved it by helping me defeat the dark elves that invaded Midgard with Lady Darcy." He looked at the officiant. Who was talking with Natasha and smiling. "Thank thee for overseeing our vows," he said, shaking his hand.

"It's not a problem, Prince Thor. Such happy occasions should be noted officially and happily." A song started on the stereo system that fed the pool area. Darcy came out and threw open both doors, stepping to the right so Jane could walk out. The dress barely showed her stomach but she was glowing and happy. They had managed to get her hair to curl some and she was wearing some of Sif's jewelry as hers today. Darcy followed Jane down, fluffing up the veil they had made from some simple lace they had found in the market. Then she took Jane's flowers to hold for her. Clint was standing up for Thor.

The officiant smiled at them. "It's a happy occasion when we can celebrate a wanted, happy union between two people who know their own mind. Any God would be pleased at how happy these two are together. Let no man tear assunder what our God and Asgard's deities have put together." He opened his book to read a short passage about love then looked at the couple. "Jane, do you vow yourself to Thor?"

"I do."

"Tell Thor of your vows."

She looked at him, then cleared her throat a few times. "I...I tried for hours to figure out what to say about us and how good we are together. I can figure it out in a math formula, I can figure it out in science, but I'm not a woman of words. Especially not mushy words. I'll show you the math later if you want." She smiled when he chuckled. "I wish I had words for this but ...." She held his hands and smiled at him. "Forgive me for being math smart instead of word smart?"

"Of course my Jane, always."

"Prince Thor, do you vow yourself to Jane?"

"I do."

"Then tell Jane of your vows."

He grinned at her. "I have been warned not to speak in a saga length speech of what you mean to me and my life, My Jane. So I will keep it brief. I do adore and love you, and our future family. Even our made family around us will not mean as much to me as you do." He kissed the back of her hands, ignoring Pepper being sniffly. "I vow my love, my affections, and my life to you and our family together." Jane sniffled but smiled and nodded.

"The rings?" the officiant asked. Darcy patted herself and handed them over. They were generic ones but Thor could find more special ones later, maybe for the ceremony he'd eventually hold on Asgard. The officiant blessed the rings, then handed them to Thor first. Jane took Thor's. "Mark them as yours so everyone has a clear sign not to interrupt your vows." Thor slid his ring onto Jane's finger. Jane did the same to Thor's. The minister smiled. "I now pronounce you married in the eyes of humans. You may seal the union with a kiss." Jane got dipped back by Thor. The minister smiled. "Celebrate with your friends and family as is traditional." Jane got let up and she was grinning up at Thor, who carried her off.

"They'll be back in twenty minutes," Stark quipped. "Thank you, Minister." He paid him and let him get food to go. Then Stark turned up the music to cover Jane's breathy moans. "Food, people. Let's celebrate until they come out to eat." They got food and sat around to eat and talk.

Darcy got Heimdall a plate with a grin. "So you get some treats too." She pointed. "That's asparagus. It's a stalky thing that's grilled in that case and there's hollandaise sauce over there if you want some. That's mini pork meatballs with sage. Those are soft boiled eggs inside a crust. Also goes well with the sauce. And that's cheese." She walked off. "Want a beer, Heimdall?"

"Please, Darcy." She handed him a bottle already opened. "Thank thee."

"Welcome." She smiled at the sniffly Pepper, who was staring at Tony. She leaned down next to her ear. "Should I go stop the minister?" she hissed. Pepper shook her head quickly, smiling at her. "Okay, just making sure." She bounced off to get some of her own food and drink. Clint was staring at a dish. "That's a stewed beef and pork dish, Clint. A local dish. Xander gave me the recipe from his local slayer."

"Okay. Bread to eat it with?" She pointed at the pre-made bread. "That'll work. Thanks, Darcy." He got himself food and sat down by the pool, getting comfortable.

Natasha smiled at Darcy. "We made a lot of food."

"We did, but it means we don't need to cook lunch tomorrow probably. Leftovers rock." Natasha laughed but nodded. She went to sit near Clint but not next to him.

Darcy settled down and smiled at Stark. "We did a great job."

"We did," he agreed. He looked around. Jane let out a loud moan. He smiled. "At least she's fine." Darcy was looking worried. "That wasn't pain, Lewis. That's he's giving her a backrub."

"She could probably use it." She and Thor came out in shorts and t-shirts. They both could use the sun exposure. "The bottle of sunscreen is on the window ledge, Jane." She pointed. Jane got it and let Thor oil her exposed skin down.

The head of the council of Asgard stared at her stomach. "I see you handfasted first, Thor," he said.

Thor stared at him, nodding some. "It was not intended but we were to have some one day. We just moved it up thanks to a blessing on us by some peaceful beings from other planes."

"And there's news," Jane announced, making everyone stare at her. "It's a daughter." A few paid off bets. "And she's huge. Already twenty percent bigger than usual humans are. The OB is being very cautious but I'm good to do most things still."

"Yep, I'll just make sure you eat more often and rest too," Darcy quipped. Jane grinned and nodded. "Down here, do we have a local OB?" she asked Tony, who nodded. "That's good."

"It'll be fine," Pepper assured her with a smile. "Most mothers do fine. No health concerns, Jane?"

"I'm underweight, no matter how often Darcy nags." She shrugged. "She agreed my body looked healthier once I had an infusion of Thor daily again." Pepper laughed but was smiling. "So we're good. And don't want a baby shower, Darcy."

"Fine," she said, flapping a hand at her. "We'll just buy baby stuff and let it appear in the nursery."

"I'll decorate the nursery," Pepper assured her. "That way it's subtle."

"I found a darling rainbow pattern but people told me it'd make Heimdall blush thinking it was nominating the baby to his position." She showed Pepper. "It's bright, airy, and we can make the rainbows in swirls and other patterns for the baby to stare at."

"That's very bright," Pepper agreed. "Their nursery doesn't get that sort of sun exposure. It's late afternoon sun if I remember right." Darcy showed her two others she liked. "I like that middle one." Jane came over to look and smiled, walking off shaking her head. "You don't like, Jane?"

"It's really fussy, Pepper and Darcy. Can't we just paint it a color, put in baby furniture, and a mobile?"

"Of course," Darcy agreed. "What sort of colors?"

"I like purple. I know someone warned me about pink." She looked at Hogun, who shrugged but grinned. "Purple?" she asked Thor. Who nodded. "Purple."

"We can do shades of purple," Pepper assured her with a grin. "Anything like stickers on the wall? Sea creatures? Mythical creatures?"

"I saw pictures from Xander that showed a unicorn and dragon themed nursery," Darcy quipped. "Painted on the wall and they found unicorn sheets and dragon sheets somewhere. It was purple and silver."

"I don't mind purple and silver," Thor admitted. "No dragons though. It may scare my daughter."

"It's your daughter, Thor. She'd tried to beat it as soon as she could," Fandral quipped. Thor smirked at him. "We will have to find cutesy stuffed things for her to coo at."

"And books," Darcy said. "Reading to babies makes them smarter."

"Aye, my mother read to me often," Thor agreed. Jane grinned up at him. "Though my mother did demand help in changing the diapers we had."

"Diapers are gross," Pepper said. "If you two want a nanny to help I'll help you find one."

"Thank thee, Pepper," Hogun quipped. "I cannot see Thor not reacting in horror at the nastiness that babies crap out."

Thor nodded. "Could be," he agreed. "I have barely seen that sort of sight."

Jane shuddered. "I'd rather not think about it before we eat, Thor."

"Aye, that would not be good conversation over meals." He went to get them food, handing Jane some iced tea and food. They settled in to talk until it was time to cut the cake. After the traditional cake cutting, Thor sat down beside the councilor. "Thank you for coming to celebrate with us today."

The councilor looked at him. "You must still have a proper ceremony on Asgard, Thor. She must vow as your consort." He nodded he knew that. "But with this quaint ceremony we can agree that you married and handfasted." He stared at him. "There are those who would not want the daughter to come into being and may even see her as a problem."

"Those sort will meet my hammer quickly and hard."

"Understood. Your brother?"

"We set up a video system so he could see it," Darcy said with a point at the camera. "It leads back to a screen where he's being held." She got Heimdall another beer with a wink. "Any chance of getting my brother a good lover from up there?"

"Many up there would find fun with him but not for good. It's a shame."

"It is," she agreed. "My brother needs someone to love him beyond me."

"He is quite special," he agreed. He stood up and kissed her on the forehead. "If you wanted to know about that incident you wondered of, ask me yourself," he said with a mean smirk.

"Hey, if you want to do a show and tell..." He walked off laughing. Which means she got to stare at his ass. Sif was giggling. "I'm sure it was pretty. Or pretty hot." She went to get herself another glass of tea and then lounge some more. Bruce looked at her. "Xander told me there was a situation with a naked Heimdall."

Bruce was smiling but shaking his head. "I don't need to know." She giggled. Thor and Jane were sitting together again and she was giggling at something he was saying.

The councilor went back with Heimdall to tell the rest of the Council. He faced the room. "I just spent time with our prince during his human wedding." A few started to shout. He held up a hand. "They will have a daughter soon so hurried it along to have a legal wedding on Midgard. There are those down there that think Thor improper."

"So our prince is due to become a father," one said, glaring at the others. "Is she healthy?"

"As far as we know. After the...quaint ceremony, she announced it was a daughter. I have been told they will move to another area that is recognized by more countries for another legal ceremony. Some countries do not recognize marriages done religiously in other areas." That got a nod from a few. "After she is recovered from the birth, they will show up here to do a formal vowing ceremony for us." He looked at one person.

"He has vowed that if any should come near his wife and child, he would meet them with his hammer." He looked at the rest again. "It was...quaint. Jane Foster said she is not a lady of words, but of math. She promised to show him the math problem she had done to work out how strong they are as a couple." One of the Councilors smiled. "Thor vowed not to speak in saga or skald length. It was very sweet of them. Her lady in waiting even fed Heimdall so he would not go hungry." He sat down.

"We must see if the child would thrive on Asgard," one of them said. "Being half human might weaken their bodies or life spans."

"We can tell once she delivers," the head of the council agreed. "He knows he must have a proper heir to the throne. If something happens so she cannot deliver again, we will talk to him about it. She has announced the child is rather larger than human ones. Twenty percent larger she said."

"So built more like one of ours," another said with a nod. "That is good news."

"They have methods of taking the child if it's a danger to the mother," the head one said. "I asked Thor's friend Stark about thus. He outlined how they can do a surgery to remove a child at term or when necessary if it is ill."

"So it won't kill her in birth," another agreed. "That is good. Thor would mope for ages and probably not remarry unless forced."

"What of her lady in waiting? If she had to would she spare her lady's womb?"

"I did not ask but I doubt she would as we've banned her from Asgard," the head of the Council said. "One of their battle friends told me that she was the same one that we denied entry to even if it was an emergency because she would not thrive up here. She basically vowed to end us all if we endanger her life." A few laughed. "I would not laugh. Her brother is the one that saved the dwarven princess."

"So he's the one that freed those female warriors from our training academy," the top female in the kingdom said as she walked in. "We heard they wanted entry."

The head of the council shook his head. "They were slayers, Midgardian Valkyries who battle against beings from other planes. They came up to prove their worth and to find worthy ones to date them as apparently most humans are not into warrior women. They took over the school by winning sparring matches and claiming the warriors. He came up to nag them and remove them because they were too young and arrogant.

"Apparently our warriors do not meet up to Midgardian warrior standards." She huffed. He stared at her. "You can ask the head of the school. I heard from him about that incident." He looked at the others. "The Midgardian Valkyries have went from one to many. There's now hundreds. They have asked if we have a proper warrior who can refine their training they would enjoy it as many of the girls are a bit pouty due to their ages."

"If I knew one," the head of another faction said, shifting in his seat. "I saw one of their battles when I went to talk about Loki. They were impressive and used both swords and higher weapons. There were some that used magic in the rear lines to aid them but they were strong and defeated the evil one within hours."

"Hours?" the woman demanded with a snort at the end.

"We could not do better," he assured her. "The evil that time was a full army." She piped down. He looked at their chosen head. "Thor is happy?"

"He is. Or at least he appears to be mostly. He made her laugh and giggle like a girl. His friends all enjoyed them being happy. Sif even smiled at their union. She was not jealous of Jane Foster in the least. The Warriors Three stood up for him as friends as he did not need a true honor guard."

"That's fine," that faction head said with a nod. "Calling you made it officially recognized to us." The head of the council smiled and nodded. "When can we expect the other ceremony?"

"Once she's recovered. That's all they said." He cleared his throat. "Also, did we realize she's the one working on the science of the bridge and of stars?" They all shook their heads. "She is. Thor married a science person instead of a warrior to stand beside him."

"That's interesting," the head woman said dryly. "We can send her someone to raise the child properly."

"We can add one," the head of the council said. "They can find one from her people as it has to represent both."

"She'll be our princess some day."

"Yes, and probably like her mother. If his own mother had liked science, she and Jane would have been much alike. When they met, Frigga was most happy with her future daughter-in-law and died defending her." They all grimaced but a few nodded they remembered. "They even were kind enough to broadcast the ceremony to Loki in his incarceration."

"So she has her kind moments and sympathy," the head woman decided. "Fine. We will welcome her when she comes up. I'll have Heimdall figure out her size so we can prepare the wedding dress she'll need." She went to talk to him. He let her see a replay of the event, making her sigh in pleasure. "She is a good foil for Thor when he pretends not to be smart enough to be a man instead of a boy." He nodded, looking down at her. "We must plan their future ceremony and her gown."

He held up a hand. "She comes up to here on me, her waist is normally about three hands width of mine. Her chest is smaller and flatter. Her hips do not mirror her chest but nearly so and are flat in all directions. She is not voluptuous."

"I can work on that then tailor it to her when she comes up." She patted him on the arm. "Is that other her lady in waiting?"

"The redhead is the one who runs Friend Stark's company with him. She is his girlfriend sometimes. He loses himself in his thoughts. As does Jane Foster at times. The brunette," he said with a point. "Is her assistant and lady in waiting. Also the sister of the one who saved the dwarven princess."

"Interesting how people connect." She looked at her. "I wish Thor had married someone like that one. She is more glamorous for the women to look up to."

"Jane Foster can be if she wills it to be but she is more interested in her mind than her body."

"Fine. She'll put up with those duties I expect." She went to tell the other ladies of the palace. "We have a new princess," she announced.

"Loki wed?" one asked, grimacing in disgust.

"Thor married his science woman." They all stared. She nodded once. "She bears him a daughter soon so they wed on Midgard earlier." She sat down. "Heimdall seemed pleased at her mind and demeanor."

"Lady Sif must be displeased," one said quietly, looking outside.

"She attended and looked pleased at their union." The woman all nodded. "She is about armpit height on Heimdall. Her mind is strong. She studies the bridge and the stars."

"So our future queen is a thinker," another, older, woman said with a nod. "That is good for Thor's rule. We can find him someone to care for their children."

"She'll have some from her people as well," she warned.

"That's reasonable." She looked at the other ladies then at her boss. "We can start planning their vows up here."

"We can but it will be after she delivers. She announced it was a daughter and a bit large."

"Thor is massive," the youngest in the room said with a giggle. A few of the women smiled and nodded.

"His Jane Foster is not one for glamorous gowns," the head woman said. "She is more often found in comfortable, reasonable clothes." A few of the women frowned. "We'll have to see how to incorporate gowns when she must do events. For now, start to design her wedding gown." She measured out what Heimdall had said. "Make it a bit larger so we can tailor it down."

"A birthing will change a woman's body," the oldest one said dryly. "It certainly did mine." A few of the women laughed. "Are they going to set up a proper nursery?"

"They showed a few of the women talking of thus, and decided on purple and silver." A young one cooed at that. "We can send down Thor's own crib for his daughter. And hopefully a later son. It should be strong enough to hold them if it held for him." One of the older women went to find Thor's nursery suite to send down to their prince. He would need it soon enough.

Down on Earth, Darcy wandered out of her bedroom to see what that thump had been. She looked at the note, nodding. "Yeah, that'll help. Hey, Pepper, Asgard sent down Thor's old crib and changing table," she called.

Pepper came out to look, testing one. "Very sturdy even after all this time."

"Which means it's sturdy enough for Thor not to break it," Darcy agreed, sharing a grin with her. "Looks like a wooden playpen too."

"We can work around that and the color's a pretty one to go with their colors."

"I'll find the sheets?" Darcy offered.

"I can do that. Find me stencils."

"I can do that." They went back to their rooms. They couldn't sleep thanks to Jane's giggling about Thor talking to his daughter. Well, and Pepper was being kept up by Tony.

***

A few days later, Tony was at the airport to go home and was stopped. "I'm sorry, sir, but you're not allowed to board your plane," the immigration agent said. "The US has said that your visa has expired."

"I'm a US born citizen. They can't keep me out of my own country."

"Orders have come down that you're not allowed back in the country at this time. We have no idea why or anything to do with it," he said when Doctor Banner huffed. "You can contact the State Department or the local embassy is about six blocks away." He pointed in the right direction.

"Fine. It's a private flight. Anyone not have a problem?" he asked.

"They told me I'm not human so I have to have special paperwork," Bruce said dryly.

"Okay. Anyone allowed?" Clint waved a hand. "Want to go back?"

"Nope. Not by myself because that's a plot and I'd hate to be arrested for kicking asses on the other side."

"Embassy?" Natasha guessed. Tony nodded. They got driven to the embassy and walked in. Natasha was also emailing Coulson's office.

Tony walked in first and the man at the desk stared at him. "For some reason US Citizens aren't allowed back in their country?"

"I know nothing about that, sir. Do you have an appointment?"

"Just get me someone before I relocate my company out of the US." He called back and an underling came out. "Can you explain why US Citizens aren't allowed back in the US?"

"I have no idea about that, sir. Do you have an appointment?" he asked with a smile. Tony glared at him. "I'll go ask the minister if he has time to deal with this. Does this involve all of you?"

"All but me," Clint said. "Though that's a plot since I'm a former agent."

"Oh, I see." He went to tell the minister, who was already taking something for his headache. "Angry people to see you. They said they're not being allowed back in the US even though they're citizens?"

"I heard. It's a plan by someone."

"Since I recognize one as one of those Avengers sort, that means the US has to handle their own emergencies, sir. Are we going to be in danger from that?"

"We're over here. They won't be attacking here."

"Bet me," Stark said from the doorway, looking smug. "Demon portal related event in six days. I know someone who was watchers council."

"That's a horrifying thought. Who're you, sir?"

"Tony Stark. Head of Stark International."

"Oh, dear."

"Oh, yeah. And if they want us to go on vacation so much I don't want to hear a *thing* from anyone we weren't able to save. Because we will turn on them." He stared at him. "Beyond that, Bruce, myself, Pepper, Steve, and James are all US citizens. Native born US citizens. You can't really keep us out of our own country."

"No, sir, but they want to make you go into hiding. The head of the State Department is very against your team."

"They can do it themselves then. I can gladly put that out on social media if they want."

"Please don't. Someone will attack within days."

"It's probably going to be within weeks anyway," Pepper said from behind Tony. "It's unfortunate but by doing this, they just cancelled all the agreements we have with the US government about making things for the military and others. Plus it lets us think greatly about moving the company and all those nice high paying jobs from the US." She smiled slightly. "I have no problem moving my people somewhere safer. Maybe England or Scotland." She looked at Tony.

"I do look geeky in a kilt," he admitted with a smile for her. Then a smirk for them. "You can pass that on?" The senior official nodded. "Good. We'll be finding a place for a few weeks of vacation. We'll warn New York ourselves. Let us know when it's solved." He tossed over one of his cards. Then he walked off with Pepper. "The head of the State Department is behind this."

"Coulson's talking to the president," Natasha said, putting her phone up. "He's very upset."

"He's going to be very upset that this action canceled all our contracts with the US," Pepper said with a slight smile. "Including SHIELD." Natasha nodded once, pulling out her phone to add that. "Clint, did they prove the plot?"

"Yup, sure did. The FBI wants to capture me to make me work for them. I'm not into slavery. So....vacation? Going to barge in on Jane and Darcy again?"

"No. That would be mean to Thor," Pepper said. "They deserve a honeymoon." She looked at Tony. "Local or somewhere else?"

"Local will have a demon event in six days," Tony reminded her.

"We can help," Steve said. "If the slayers need it I can help if no one else will." James hit him on the arm. "Or we can."

Pepper pulled out her phone to text Xander, who said it shouldn't be that bad but the one after that should be. Unless another demon jumps in during it. She showed Steve, who nodded. She looked at Tony then at Steve again. "Locally or where?"

"We'll figure it out from the hotel tonight," Tony decided. They nodded, letting him handle that while they got moved there. Hopefully it'd be fixed tonight. Especially after Tony noted on twitter that all his upcoming meetings were canceled due to the State Department being pouty and not letting US citizens back into the country. Pepper sent out a letter a few places that noted the action of keeping them out of the country meant they were within their rights to cancel any and all contracts with Stark International.

Plus that it violated the agreement to keep the company in the US to help protect people. Natasha backed Pepper's statements up with Steve and put out the information on the plot to capture Clint to make him a slave of the FBI. Steve's statement of disappointment at this political wrangling was going to make a lot of people frown. Tony's final statement was he hoped no one attacked the US while they couldn't get there and he hoped the slayers would be backed up by other agents who had sense and skills instead of the usual ones.

***

In the new headquarters of SHIELD, Skye read the tweets and moaned. "Coulson!" she yelled.

"He's in DC," Melinda May complained. "What's happened now?" Skye let her see those tweets. "Oh, dear. I'll send agents to hover in New York just in case." She went to send people to do that.

Skye forwarded the saved tweets to Coulson's phone, making him swear in DC when he saw it. She got up to go find out where she'd be stationed for this upcoming emergency. She looked at Melinda. "Did we realize that they're still holding Loki hostage at the tower?" she asked.

"I've called Hill. She's not amused."

"I wouldn't be amused at being not allowed back in. Where do you want me?"

"Computer services. Find rumors of upcoming attacks." Skye nodded, going back to her office to do that.

***