Voracity's New Realms
New Realms of Imaginings

Site Info

We are the home of 1 author - Voracity.
There are 203 stories consisting of 486 chapters and 7315386 words.

RSS

Most Recent

Where It All Began. FRT
Where It All Began with the future bisexual disaster team members. And a fairly...

Random Story

Moving the Mildly Kinky to a New Fun Location. FRM
It's moving day! With some fuckery included of course. Plus, a Darcy ex and...

Other Sites


Skins



Law and Orderly Chaos.

[Reviews - 1]   Author Profile: Voracity2   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Director Sheppard was sneering at her head of HR, and her HR person's secretary. "What is this important?"

"I'm suing the agency for breaking ADA laws," the secretary said dryly. "Do you think perhaps that's important now, Director? Because this meeting was called last week about your refusal to follow federal level laws about how certain forms are used, filled out, and handled. Thereby making us complicit in your criminal activity. I don't want to be an accomplice so I've already turned that in when I was forced to because you blew this off last week."

She stared at her, ignoring the sneer the director still had. "Beyond that, your restructuring," she said dryly, using air quotes, "has broken ADA laws about access to bathrooms and how people who're disabled are supposed to get out of the building if it's attacked. Do you consider either of those more important enough for you to actually do your job about?"

The head of HR cleared her throat. "She's correct on all that, Director. The way you've had us doing personnel records is violating federal laws and standards and we can be held accountable. Because you did not come to the meeting we called last week about this, we were forced to talk to the oversight committee about how to handle your newly sent down regulations.
"They bluntly said we are to follow federal law and if you complain we are to have you arrested." She slid those over. "That is the legal standards we hae for personnel and other files under our control. Your new standards are wrong in those highlighted areas."

Director Sheppard looked at it and frowned. "I sent that."

"Yes, and it's wrong by federal law," the head of HR said bluntly. "We are not going to be fired and blackballed, and possibly arrested, for violating those. So therefore, you're going to have to redo that so they're in line with the federal standards and regulations. Also, your building plans are out of line with ADA laws.

"You removed my floor's bathroom, which means that we have to travel three floors to use one. Which doesn't work when the elevator doesn't work. As you've inconvenienced people enough that they've tied up the elevators too often to be relied upon, that is a violation of ADA laws and really, Agent Gibbs is in a lot of violations anyway."

She slid over a pile of memos. "All those he's violated in the last six months. Some he's been violating for years now." She smiled a bit. "It's not like the nineteen agents in this building who use mobility devices can use the stairs." She waved a hand at her assistant.

"Which meant we had to get people to lift this one down the stairs one day last week because your people are thoughtlessly tying up necessary devices. So you need to either return our bathroom, which you took over for a storage room for some reason, or build us another few elevators and a few conference rooms so Gibbs and others can use them appropriately. Before we have to charge him with that as well."

The director spluttered. "No agents are on mobility devices!" she complained, sneering at the secretary. "You're not an agent and the building is meant for agents."

"No agency is solely made up of agents, Director," the secretary said dryly. "And yes, three agents are on mobility devices. They're on canes. They're senior agents who are on present desk duty due to injuries." She smirked a bit. "Eighty percent of your agency is made up of non-agents. Like the lab people and the morgue people, and all your admin people."

She slid over something. "These are the ADA regulations. Which your chosen designer, and I use that term loosely with how horrible they did, ignored. That is also federal law and, well, you're being sued over it." She shrugged. "Everyone knows ADA laws, Director. They were made in the seventies. They're older than you are."

"I don't have to...."

The head of HR smirked and shook her head. "Yes you do have to follow them or you can be held personally liable. Each violation can cost you up to ten thousand dollars. You're up to eighty within the last four weeks alone. Is that what you want to have happen to your legacy in this agency?"

The director spluttered. "It doesn't matter and I can fire that one!" she said with a hand wave at that secretary.

"Which would mean she could sue you and the agency for unlawful and illegal firing," the head of HR said bluntly, staring at her, still smirking some. "If you want NCIS to be closed, that's a bad way to do that as it'll look bad on all the agents who have to find new jobs. As there's rumors that Congress wants to dot hat...."

"CNN had it all this week," the secretary agreed dryly, smiling at her. "They thought it might be a good idea but people at JAG explained why it's not."

The director stomped off. They sent her a copy of all those memos and the complaints made, then sent a copy of the in-office video to the oversight committee and the Internal Affairs desk. The head of IA came up to talk to them. The head of HR smiled slightly at him, she did like that one. He was an honest asshole about everything. "We tried to inform her of the problems."

"You did," he agreed, looking at the secretary. "She's going to try to fire you."

"I can sue. I've already got one started about all this mess due to ADA violations. I included her allowing Gibbs to commandeer the elevator."

The head of IA accepted that lawyer's card so he could check into it. "I'll talk to Gibbs. The oversight people about the HR files?"

"They're highly upset. They're sending up complaints."

"So she could be in real trouble," the head of Internal Affairs decided. "Thank you, ladies. I hope it'll be fixed. We'd hate to lose you. I more than most know how strong an admin team is and how much they can screw up an agency."

"But we're not that sort," the secretary said with a wink as she rolled off.

"Unless forced to," the head of HR agreed happily, going to make her own notes and make sure they both had copies of that tape for later use.

The head of internal affairs called in to check on that lawsuit and the parameters. Then he went to talk to Gibbs. He stared at him. "You're getting the agency sued for violating ADA rules." Gibbs choked on his coffee. "Quit stranding the elevator, Gibbs. We only have the one elevator thanks to the director.

"We have at least eight people in the building who're on mobility devices who must use it. Especially since the director has closed bathrooms on certain floors, like the admin floor." He gave him a pointed look. "You alone led to one having to be carried down the stairs last week to be able to go home. So stop it. You're being sued for that by the way."

Gibbs winced, slumping some. "The director is also being sued for that, you were included to the side and as a cause of it. In the future, don't strand the elevator. Go outside if you need to hold a conference or a talk. Or use a storage room. Quit using the elevator as privately hoarded property. Unless you want the admin teams to totally screw up the agency completely over this problem?"

"No, I don't."

"Good!" He smirked a bit. "Then let's try better." He gave McGee a pointed look.

"I helped carry her," McGee said. "That sucks. Including for the few agents who're on injury leave and desk duty."

"It does," the head of HR agreed blandly, looking at Gibbs again. "Find another way."

"Fine."

"Thank you!" He walked off to go talk to the director. She had someone who had served her in the last few minutes so now she knew why she was being sued. Personally sued and the suits against NCIS as well as legal sent them up at her request. She had a good pile on her desk. "I have talked to Gibbs about his problem with the elevator. He'll find another method to get privacy." He smirked at her. "I also talked to the oversight people. Wih how they want to close us, you going against federal laws gives them a great reason, Director." He left to go update his resume. There was no way NCIS was going to last past this event. Sheppard wasn't that smart politically.

***

Tony got called to testify by Sheppard. He was nicely enough dressed. He spoke the same spoiled asshole language they did. So she was making him do it instead of her. He got sworn in and sat down. "Senators, may I have a moment first?" They nodded. "I believe none of you realize what NCIS is or does. That's understandable with how many agencies in the area use initials. We are the law enforcement for the Marines and the Navy. ACIS does the Army. JAG does the Air Force and trials. We are important."

"Actually, I did not know what your agency did," the head of the panel said. "Can it be combined with ACIS?"

"No. We can barely combine the Marines and Navy and only because the Marines came off the Navy. The army's investigative agencies and my agency do have to work together sometimes but we do tend to deal with different things. My team is for major crimes, felonies, done to or by members of those two forces. ACIS doesn't split that way and they actually don't have as much work because we have agents on ships and bases plus the investigative teams."

"So if someone robs a mini mart...."

"There's other teams for that," Tony said.

"All right." He nodded. "Your background includes other federal service?"

"My background is law enforcement in three city departments and then NCIS. I have worked with other agencies. I have done an undercover my Director asked me to handle, which was multi agency. I have not been a member of any other investigative agency."

"So you're an officer and then an agent, all about enforcing the law," the head of the panel said. Tony nodded. "All right. Can we not combine all three agencies together?"

"No, sir. They have too much work as is and are needed to do their own work." His phone turned on. "Sorry. I had that turned off." He looked. "It's my team leader," he muttered. "May I growl for a second?" They nodded. He answered.

"I'm in front of Congress talking about NCIS. Is it an emergency that you turned my phone on, McGee?" He listened. "No." He hung up and turned it back off, and took out the battery. They went in different pockets. "Sorry. My supervising agent had my team's technical agent hack my phone to turn it on. I apologize for him."

The head of the panel shook his head. "Who is your supervisor?"

"Jethro Gibbs."

"We've heard of him," another one said with a sigh.

Tony smiled at him. "I remember raiding your former boss's office, Representative."

"That's where I knew you from." Tony nodded. "That explains a lot. Are all your agents like you?"

"No. My team lives by Gibbs' rules. Most agents are normal agents within NCIS."

"Huh?" the head of the panel asked, looking down there.

"His supervising agent's laws for his team state things like you're always on call, even if it's your day off. They've been known to be at the office for thirty-six hours straight due to a case. One without a missing person." Tony nodded at that. "He's also got a Mossad agent on his team?"

"Ziva David was given to our team to liaison after one of my team was killed by a terrorist," Tony said.

"Don't like her?"

"She's had some rough times but I feel about her like I do most agents. She's competent in her areas, has some flaws because she's human, and is learning more about how to be a field agent like all of us."

That got a nod. "DiNozzo, that was the most polite way to say her records are spotty, NCIS has multiple forms of problems with her, and their Internal Affairs department has issues with her I've ever heard," the Representative who knew Tony said dryly.

"I'm not IA, Representative. I have no idea what is in their minds or their files. Ziva is part of my team and she has a place on it."

"Well, just in case you didn't know, many of us are irritated by her presence in your agency."

"That's not my call. That's the Director's orders, Representative."

"Point." He stared at him. "You've been seen with Alex Harris."

"I have. I've ran into him a few times and he's helped me in the past when I was injured. Abby, our lab tech, introduced us. He's an interesting guy."

"Why is the FBI watching him?"

"They think he'll be indicative of the next major apocalypse battle that he'd have to unretire for. They don't like watching the slayers themselves and are banned from that. His twin's the Watcher in Africa. So if his twin calls in a warning or sends a letter apologizing for possibly getting dead during the next battle he has, they have some warning."

The head of the panel stared at him. "He has?"

"Alex said he got the fourth one the other day. He hates that his twin brother still does the duty and is proud he does the duty he does, but hates it for him."

"I hate it for the kid," the head of the panel sighed. "And for the girls." Tony nodded at that. "I guess that makes sense. So not a boyfriend?"

"No, Representative. Not a boyfriend. He's never even flirted. He said he would've but he knows I'm straight."

"Pity. He could be a good match for you. And probably against Gibbs."

Tony smiled. "The last time they met, Alex told him he reminded him of a cheerleader from high school he had briefly dated who was mean and he lost that comparison against her." The whole panel laughed at that. "Gibbs doesn't like him, my director doesn't like him, but I'm allowed to have supportive friends. She showed up to complain that I was napping a headache off on his couch after an MRI."

"Let's go into that," the one on the other end sighed. "Agent DiNozzo, do you try to get so injured?"

"No, ma'am. I really wish I'd quit getting hurt."

She nodded. "We all think that's a good idea. Is that a training thing?"

"Most of the time it's lack of additional people. Our team only has us four. If we had eight or ten, it'd be easier to not get clubbed on the head, or they could get it instead. We'd have more people to chase down suspects and the like so I wouldn't get another graze."

"Is that because your agency's so small?"

"In part and also we work in small teams on cases. There's a few teams that have six people. Ours only has four. That's not my call. I turned down my chances to run some teams that were offered because I didn't want that sort of responsibility. I don't want to be the guy in charge who sends someone into a situation where they'll get shot. Run in the field yes. Sending them into a dangerous situation where I know they'll get injured? Not what I want on my soul. That's a decision I made long ago."

"I can understand that. I wouldn't want that sort of responsibility either," she said, staring at him. "If we gave NCIS a raise would they hire more agents?"

"I'm not over that but there's a few places where some replacement agents have been needed due to retirement or firing." He sipped his water. "That's one reason why we have Ziva David."

"Okay," she said. She looked at the others then at him again. "What if it's a terrorism case?"

"We've had a few of those, ma'am. If a case comes and it's our turn, we handle it. If it's a felony it's ours. That would fall under that."

"Did you handle that terrorist that got your teammate dead?"

"The case? Yes. Even against orders," he said honestly but firmly. "Did I end that terrorist? No. He broke into Agent Gibbs' house while he was home. He was taunting him by shooting our teammate and going after Ducky's assistant and him. He finally decided to go after Gibbs and lost."

She nodded. "So he did die?"

"As far as I know, Gibbs did his duty, ma'am. I didn't get to see the body but I'm told he died. Gibbs had been a sniper so he's a fairly good shot."

She nodded again. "All right. Good for him. The world needs fewer people like that." Tony nodded at that. "Have you picked an agency to go to if we do remove your agency?"

"I've had offers from one that I may take up. I'm not sure if that's still a good offer due to recent injuries. It's been suggested I could go to medical school or law school as well. Or run for one of your seats." He smiled. "I'm keeping all options open in my mind. Though I do hate moving and job hunting."

"We all hate moving," the head of the panel said dryly. "How many head injuries have you had?"

"Seven that I know of."

They stared at him. "Is that like boxers have?"

"I'm not showing that damage as of this point in time. They made me get that checked recently. I've been warned not to get many others." He grimaced. "I'm in good health overall."

"You had the plague a few years back."

"It got mailed to the office," he agreed. "I survived."

The woman on the panel stared at him. "You survived? Without additional problems?"

"I have to be careful not to get the flu or any chest condition. I got the pneumonic plague and had a lot of chest congestion. Now I get it easier so I need to avoid that." He stared at her. "I'm fine now, ma'am."

"Are all agents like you?"

"I have no idea. I know I was a bit softer, happier, and had fewer scars as a detective in Baltimore. Other than that, life changes us all."

"I'd hate that for myself or my children."

"I'd hate it if I had kids."

She nodded. "Maybe someday?"

"Maybe if I find someone who's willing to stay with me. I've dated a lot. The president's joked about my dating, but no one stays. There's too many women who don't want substance, they want up front flash." Someone kicked in the door and he had his gun in hand before the door fully opened, pointing it at them.

"Freeze, Federal Agent!" The man froze and stared, hands going up. Tony stared then put up his gun when Capitol Guards showed up. He sat back down after locking his gun back down in the holster. "Sorry. Force of habit."

"No, you're very good at that," she said, eyes wide. "Well." Tony shrugged. "Do you expect other NCIS agents to react that fast?"

"Yes."

"Is that how your teammate died?"

"Sniper head shot from a nearby building."

"You can't get out of the way of those," she sighed. "I'm sorry for your loss, DiNozzo."

"Thank you, ma'am."

The rest of the panel shared a look. "If we could combine one of the agencies with another?" the head of the panel asked.

"Didn't you do that with Homeland already, sir?"

"Well, I suppose."

"I know a lot of people wonder what they're doing since they seem to react and not stop. I know Immigration is thought to be overreaching. Civilian outpouring of anger at agencies usually hits those two and the TSA for groping children and demanding cancer patients take off sterile dressings in the open air of the airport. We all think it'd be great if they were *agents* instead of just needing a GED."

"They don't need a degree?" the female asked.

"No, ma'am. They need a GED. They don't have to take any agency's training academy. They don't have to do our continuing education things that all agents have to do. That and they think I'm a danger because I've got an Italian last name. I'm forever getting picked for secondary patting down even with my badge."

They sighed. "We'll look into them next week," the head of the panel said, making that note. "Can we combine an agency to save money?"

"If you plan on saving money by making half the agents in both agencies quit? Perhaps. If you want to keep good agents working well, no, sir. In fact, of all the agencies we have the least amount of budget. We run on a shoestring. Our Director demands we're taking up slack from other agencies. It'd be nice if they paid us to do their work for them. A few of them owe me money for doing their work for them." He grimaced but let it clear up.

"I've heard rumors about a long term undercover," the head of the panel said.

Tony nodded. "Yes I was part of one."

"How did you get found out?"

"The subject checked too hard and whoever was supposed to lay out a background failed horribly. I nearly got blown up with them. He checked into Alex Harris because the one I was working around to get to her father spotted him talking to me on campus after a class I had taught. He apparently knew his twin. They tried to bomb his car too. Though I'm not certain who put the bomb there."

"We are," the female said. "It wasn't the arms dealer."

"Charming. I'll go punch someone in the nose over that for him." She chuckled. "He wasn't part of that. He was going to law school." She winced. "They included outsiders probably because they're against his twin's job. I know my director is. She accused him of not being human and me of dating him."

"Your director's a piece of work," she said.

Tony smiled. "I cannot comment on that statement, ma'am. It won't look good on me no matter what I answer."

"Point. You can play politics. Maybe you should try for a seat up here?"

He smiled. "Maybe. I'm keeping all my options open."

She nodded. "Run for office, DiNozzo. You'll do a better than some of our coworkers, who are mostly less than brainy. It'd be nice to have someone who thought before he spoke."

"I'll consider that the next time something comes open." He smiled. She chuckled and nodded. He looked at the head of the panel. "NCIS is a stand alone agency. We do a lot of work. The week before I went on injury leave the last time I had forty-three hours of overtime. If we didn't do a great bit of work, I wouldn't have that. I'd never sleep behind my desk during cases. I'd never have whole weeks I never see my house and movies. Thankfully I don't have a relationship or a pet waiting on me."

The female representative looked confused. "You slept behind your desk?"

"During cases, if we're in the middle, we don't go home."

"Is that NCIS rules or Gibbs rules?" she asked.

"Other teams do the same things at time. Maybe not as often as we do but others teams do have the same thing."

She nodded. "If they did that at the FBI, the supervisor would be fired."

"Yes, but we tend to take any crossover cases from the FBI to solve them before they do. It's just easier than trying to make them not be scared of Gibbs, ma'am."

"So you're doing eighty hour weeks?"

He nodded. "Sometimes."

"How many weeks a year do you have at least twenty hours of overtime, Agent DiNozzo?"

"Forty-three last year. Thirty-seven the year before."

She sighed. "Well, if you have to switch agencies then you'll have fewer hours at work probably."

"Perhaps. I get the job done. We all get the job done."

"Yes but you're human."

He nodded. "I've got the scars to remind me of that, ma'am."

She sighed, slumping and looking at the others. "We're going to clarify which agency does what, DiNozzo." He took some paper and wrote that out for her. "Oh. That's a nice way of putting the CIA, spooky geeks and weird spies."

"All the ones I know of," he said.

"The ones I've met as well." She handed that down. "I liked how you described Homeland as the new home of semi-talented agents and small agencies that got sucked in."

"It was how it was designed."

The head of the panel smiled. "All good points." He looked at him. "Could you be pushing for NCIS to get a raise?"

"I think if you did, the Director would dance about it, sir. I know a few agents didn't get their time in or cost of living raise this year. There was a huge fit. They almost all walked out one day."

"Okay so you guys need a new pair of shoestrings to hang by," the head of the panel decided. Tony nodded. "What about ACIS?"

"They have a good budget and their snack machines are nicer than ours. Our director canceled most of ours. Including the one that held snack cakes for those long afternoons. We went from fourteen in the building to two in the building. And we need a new coffee maker that does multiple pots. The last one broke and got replaced by two smaller Mr. Coffees, which make crap coffee and only hold twelve cups each. Most agents have at least a pot a day habit."

"How much is Gibbs' coffee habit?" she asked.

"Up to four pots a day if we're there all night."

She shook her head with a sigh. "Anything else you know your agency really needs?"

"I've heard that the computer servers are being updated. Not sure how that'll go. We have some needs in the lab for forensics. The floor's computers are a bit old and should be replaced in about two years. We could use the conference room back since my boss tends to use a stranded elevator and there's only one. We could use more agents as well to replace ones who're gone."

They just nodded. "We can see that." They shared a look. "Thank you, Agent DiNozzo. We'll take that into account when we talk about NCIS and their place in the budget."

"Thank you, Congress members." He nodded at them before leaving.

They shared another look. "NCIS is apparently being run like a war camp. Is that a good idea?"

"No," the female said. "We can ask the others if they're as threadbare as NCIS is."

"We have ACIS waiting," the head of the panel said. "Go get them for me." The guard went to find them and bring them in. They had to give up nagging an agent. "Bad time for you?" the head of the panel asked dryly.

"My assistant just informed me that I've had an agent injured in the field but it's not a serious injury. He got hit by a car and it broke his foot and ankle." He sat down. "I saw Agent DiNozzo. ACIS is run like a normal agency, we don't have agents like Gibbs."

"They've had forty-three weeks of at least twenty hours of overtime?" the female asked.

"That few?" he asked. "Interesting."

"Do your people have that same level?"

"No, ma'am. We don't have Gibbs running our floor. Or running over our floor."

"So it's an NCIS problem alone?"

"Probably, yes, ma'am."

"All right." She handed over the list. "Agent DiNozzo told us what each agency handled."

He looked smiled. "I don't like us being compared to Gibbs as the Gibbs for the Army but it's accurate." He handed it back.

"Is your agency running on a shoestring too?"

"No. NCIS used to not be that bad but you did cut them five percent and Jennifer Sheppard is not Tom Morrow, who is now in Homeland."

That got a nod. "So if we got rid of Director Sheppard and put in someone who's run an agency before?"

"It may solve some things but not all. They are underfunded compared to ACIS and JAG." That got a nod and a note made. "Though getting a different director would probably cure a lot of problems."

"DiNozzo said that they're doing the work of other agencies?" the head of the panel said.

"Representative, I'd have to have a closed hearing to speak on that subject," he said bluntly. "Though I will note that Gibbs will take over cases if they're cross-agency to get the thing solved faster and without someone complaining at him. He steps on a lot of toes and if we hear it's a crossover I only allow a few teams to work with them so they don't feel disrespected."

That got a nod. "Close the hearing," he ordered. "Cut off the broadcasting camera too please." That got closed and they got into the grittier details that DiNozzo hadn't shared so he didn't embarrass his agency. Including about that undercover he had went on for his director and her CIA contacts.

***

DiNozzo showed back up after his hearing, putting his bag on his desk before heading upstairs. "I told them we're good, but underfunded. They've done some research," he told the secretary. "But I did make a good case not to shut us down." He went back to gather his bag again. He handed Gibbs his paperwork. "A copy for the records you keep. Dr. Pitt sent it to HR by fax already." He stared at him. "I'm to retest in six months so another MRI." He walked off. "And I'm not allowed back until next week." He left again.

"What?" Gibbs demanded. He read those over. It was his medical clearance to resume duties. It was blatantly dated, and circled in red ink, that he was due back next Tuesday. "DiNozzo!"

"Elevator's already gone, boss," McGee said from his desk.

"Damn it."

"The doctor's keeping him at home?" He looked up. "Is that about the brain MRI he had to have or the leg cramps from the graze?"

Gibbs stared at him. "What?" he demanded.

"They had to make him get clearance for the head injuries he's had since he's had two concussions in a year," McGee said, staring at him. "He said he's got to do another one in six months before he left. I'm not sure if the medical clearance is because of that or the graze?"

"I'm hoping the graze." He stomped off with his phone to call his senior agent. If that was about concussion then they had to have a realistic talk about how hurt DiNozzo got. Tony wasn't answering the phone so he tried his doctor, who said he didn't have legal reason to know anything about Tony's medical care. Then he hung up on him. He tried DiNozzo again, getting him on his headset since he was driving.

"Concussion damage?" he demanded. He listened, actually listened. Then he heard how DiNozzo pointed out no other agents in the officer ever seemed to even get a graze. And he admitted he'd have to quit if he got another head injury. So he was looking at colleges while he was off on injury leave. Then he hung up but Gibbs had heard screeching tires.

Tony called back twenty minutes later to tell Gibbs he needed backup since some agents had just tried to run him off the road and shot at his car. He had flipped them with a ramming maneuver off the edge of the road. Gibbs headed for the car and called Fornell on the way. It was another agency, the FBI had to slightly handle it. FBI agents made it there first but they were their internal affairs people. So DiNozzo had called them probably.

Tony leaned on the side of his car, waving at the new agents. He had pulled off to the side so it didn't affect traffic. "Those three tried to ram me off the road. They shot at my car so I bumped them back and they skidded then flipped off the road. I haven't went to check on them so they didn't try to shoot me again. So what's their malfunction?"

The FBI agent in the lead shrugged. "Let me go ask, DiNozzo." He went down to check on them. "Nope, can't do that. They shot each other."

Tony looked up then down there. "They yours?"

"One is. I had him under investigation recently. We were thinking we'd have to send Fornell to bother you because his brother's a Marine who was known to sell drugs." He came back up with help from his partner. He stared at Tony. "You were the one who arrested him while you were on injury leave after the plague."

"The guy who tried to sell me smack while I was walking in the park?"

"Yes, him," he said with a nod. "The driver was his brother. I'm guessing it's probably about that." Tony huffed but nodded, crossing his arms over the chest. "I'll look into it and call your desk."

"I'm on enforced injury leave until Tuesday. Our IA enforced the rules."

"Good. About time." He called that in and got a tow truck, a forensics team, and Fornell to come liaison since no one wanted to work with Gibbs. Especially when he was huffy about his senior agent. He looked around, spotting another agent. He noticed DiNozzo was staring that way too. "Do you have a safe location you can stay tonight?"

"I have a friend who'd let me have a couch." He called him. "It's me. Can I bum the couch again? No, someone tried to run me off the road. Thanks, Alex. Yeah, if you go out tonight I can amuse myself with your movies. Thanks, Alex." He hung up. "Alex said I can stay with him tonight. He's going clubbing but he'll make sure the house is safe."

"That's fine. We watch over that boy so we can have hints when it's another bad thing coming since his brother warns him. I'll have the neighborhood watcher stay and send someone else to watch the kid in the clubs." He called that in and he got driven there by Fornell when he got there. The IA agent looked at Gibbs. "He'll be safe there."

"Should I put out a warning with McGee?"

"He wasn't involved. If I find out it's about more than that I'll let you know." He got out of the way of the tow truck, pointing over the hill. "Forensics team is about a mile away, I can see their van," he told the driver. "They flipped off the road after trying to ram someone else off it. This one will be evidence but it's the victim's car."

The driver nodded, going to check the car to see how hard it'd be to pull it back up. He came back up. "I can haul that one up fairly easily. I'll get a flatbed to come get the victim's car. He good?"

"He's fine. On his way to a friend's couch." That got a nod. "Though he's on Gibbs' team at NCIS."

The driver looked at him. "We've heard about you from other agents." He pointed for the forensics team. They started with DiNozzo's car since it'd have fewer samples to take. The other car would take longer to search. Especially with three dead bodies.

Gibbs huffed but drove back to the office to tell McGee so they could watch out for him too.

***

Tony sat up when he heard the door slam. "Bad night in the club?" he asked.

"Two of Xander's ex's decided to try to see if I was fun. So I'm banned from the gay bar on sixth for beating their asses and pointing out I didn't date dicks that dirty. Then I smirked evilly and told the bouncer coming over that they were my twin's ex's and arms dealers." Tony moaned, shaking his head.

"They are. They're not even great ones. Xander said they were pathetic at it and got him junky things." He smiled a bit. "Then the agent wanted to know about that stuff. I pointed out no one gave the slayers weapons from this or any other government. How did they expect them to handle huge emergencies that would need more than swords?"

He shrugged with a grin. "The guy got horrified that Xander's had to buy some weapons, the girls use swords, and we expected the government to jump the hell in so I don't have to be unretired. The agent tried to take a swing at me for me pointing that out so he's probably in trouble once he gets out of the ER.

"I gave a note to the paramedics for the supervisor that showed up for him. And I told the one outside, who was also horrified." He took off his t-shirt. "I didn't even get good stress relief." He grinned. "Also, that thing earlier wasn't about that drug case. Taking you from Gibbs means that he'll not be as effective. They think you're too pretty to be effective." Tony snorted, sending that text around. "They're in the service of Mr. Marcanthin."

"I have no idea who that is," he said, looking it up. "Hmm, higher up political minion."

"Keeper of the tapes of whores. He runs a brothel or six for senators." Tony looked at him and sent that off. Alex looked him up for Tony through his contacts and let him see it. Tony moaned, copying all that to his own phone so he could send it around. "He doesn't want to come near me at the moment. I'm not politically inclined and he's not sure if I can't get a slayer called here to get into his face. Which I don't need one to do that for me." He beamed. "Everyone still considers me lower class."

"You dress lower class and swear some, Alex."

"Point. I guess I can't shake the bad upbringing." He winked. "Though they're saying the only way to protect yourself and NCIS is to run for office to be their political knight."

"I'd hate that."

"Yeah but a few seers have seen you doing that to protect yourself and others."

Tony laid back down. "Great. Is that one coming here?"

Alex snorted. "Not if he's not smart. Is he that smart?"

"That's a good question."

"Besides, I'll just move." He went up to his room. Then he came back down. "My storage area hasn't been checked recently. Let me do that." He went to the office to check on that. Someone had tried to get into it. A few things were missing. So he activated the spellwork he had paid for and all his things returned. All of Xander's things returned. Though one of the comics was pissed on.

He passed on a message that he'd be there tomorrow to check it to their security team, who probably shuddered. Alex patted the statue next to him. "May wondrous amounts of attention grace my enemies' lives," he cast. It went out and suddenly all his enemies were finding out a few things they didn't want to be known as.

He went back to his bedroom to relieve his stress the old fashioned way, but quietly so he didn't embarrass the only real friend he had in town.

***

Tony walked past Gibbs the next day, nodding at him. "Some seers have seen me during visions being a politician."

"That's a horrible way to end up," Gibbs complained. "Cite your source last night?"

"Alex looked him up." He grinned. "Then he wished attention on him." Gibbs shuddered at that. "Exactly." He smiled. "He learned how to be vindictive from girls."

"It shows. Why did he beat an agent last night?"

"The agent was horrified the slayers have to buy weapons on the black market because no government gives them any for big incidences." Gibbs drank his coffee but was wincing. "Exactly. That and Alex pointed out they could at least bring some when they jumped in to help. The agent was horrified they expected him to protect the US."

Gibbs nodded. "How high up did they see you?"

"The visions showed me being a senator in a few years. When we have the next best thing to the invasion. Our upcoming one of an ascension is today." Gibbs grimaced but nodded. "Blow the head off, Gibbs. It'll take artillery. Or trapping it in a building and blowing it up. Unless they captured the guy and held him somewhere they can get him when he changes."

"Damn it."

"Then next year's mild. Another civil rights push will have a few riots. Which the slayers won't do more than step in to protect the demons from humans. The year after that...." He smiled. "Well, I'll gladly be out of the way somehow. Have fun with that!" He went back to his walk to figure out how to become a senator. He voted every time he needed to but he had stayed out of politics beyond that. How did one start to become a senator?

Gibbs called Fornell. "We have that ascension today if they haven't captured him." He hung up. He got something to settle his stomach so he could deal with people later. They had agents all over the city to handle an ascension. And a slayer. He was proved wrong because the slayer was injured within minutes and Tony had helped evacuate her then gave orders to handle it to the agents showing up to complain.

They protested but one got eaten so they had to handle the problem. He field commanded very well. Alex showed up with something and handed it over. They shot it at the demon worm, severing his spinal cord but not fully cutting off the head. Alex handed over a sword and Tony went to do it himself since the other agents were being whiny sorts.

The news captured a few good pictures of him with a sword and defeating the demon. Then more agents showed up to yell at them so Tony yelled back, getting into their faces to impart sense at the top of his lungs. Alex had gotten the slayer to an ER that was hidden and then back to Cleveland for the week to heal.

One of the agents tried Tony and Alex intervened by walking over there and standing between them then reminding them that they were agents, had been less than a block away, and this was a threat to the people of DC. Which was their job so why hadn't they done it? They tried to arrest him but the president himself showed up to end that and yell at them about the same things.

He thanked Tony and Alex. Told them to go calm down and clean up. They faded out of the mess to Alex's car and drove off. The president got to see the demon himself and then talk to the agents about how their responses weren't very appropriate this time. They had to do better as senior agents in the nation's capitol.

A few quit but that was their problem. The president nicely made a speech about how he'd be figuring out a proper response with his agencies in the morning. After they took this one off and cleaned up the mess. It turned out there was another one. It came to eat its rival. It nearly ate the president but he managed to get out of the way and away from the car the thing had tried to trap him against.

That's when the military people showed up and blew it up. They had been chasing it but hadn't managed to capture it. One of Tony's group yelled how to kill it while guarding the president. They finally blew his head off. Killed the presidential limo to do it but it had worked. The thing didn't get to eat anyone.

The president huffed and sent out quiet orders about tomorrow's meetings and to reward the agents who had done 'real agent work'. A few agents looked upset at that but oh well! The military troop leant the president a ride back with his driver and guards so they could clean up the mess. The news people were happier with that than they were reporting on failed agents doing nothing to protect the US. Well, some reporters loved to showcase agent failures but that was just their style.

***

Buffy was called for the meeting the next day. She got out of the car, straightening out her dress and hair. The reporters all shouted at her. "I don't speak shouting," she called. "I only speak girl. Though if you're asking if we knew about it. Yeah, we warned you guys last year! We warned Congress last year!"

The reporters shut up and looked at each other. She nodded. "Someone warned them the other day too from what we saw when the hotty agent guy was testifying. Someone's not paying attention." She walked inside with her purse. "Hi, Senior Slayer Summers. I got called for a meeting." She let them have her ID.

The guards got her through the body scanners and took her to the meeting area. The agency heads glared at her. She smiled back. "We warned you guys. When we were in front of Congress we noted it. When the hotty agent guy was testifying he noted it. You're not listening. And leave Alex Harris alone. He's retired from all that. We're lucky we still have his twin brother with how bad some of us treat him for being normal." She sat down in the seat that had her name on it.

"So you guys do buy weapons?" the head of the FBI demanded.

"Did you give us weapons to fight things with? Or bring them with you during a battle?" She stared at him. "We need them sometimes and however we get them we do. Since you guys don't want to help, we have to go to less legal people. Or in Xander's case that's called dating." She smirked a tiny bit.

"Most of the ones he's dated may be on some sort of list with your people but most of them I'd trust around my minis and I don't trust most of yours. Because they'll torture the girls. You've proven that." She shrugged. "Thankfully Xander had them rescued." She grinned. "Sorry about that property damage though."

He groaned. "Damn."

"If we were guys battling demons, would you treat us the same way?"

"Probably. You're battling demons."

She rolled her eyes. "We can go on vacay for good. Let the US handle all their own problems. Including the hellmouth." He shook his head, he did not want that. "Then take the training modules we made up for you guys and back up the girls!" She beamed. "We'd all enjoy it not just being us. Most of us who're patrol cleared are tired of battles again."

"You have other girls."

She glared at that person. "I'm not going to allow a little kid anywhere near a battle unless they're defending their lives so they can get away," she said coldly. "If *you're* that sort of being, I'm really sorry for your agency." He shrank away from her.

The president walked in. "I agree. The girls who're underage need and deserve to be little girls. Hopefully happy little girls." He sat down. "If I find one of you has been trying to force little girls into battle I'm going to kick your ass like I'm in a college bar fight." He looked around the tables. He looked at Buffy. "I paused to look that up. You did warn us. Told us who one was."

"We only heard about one from the demon underground." She pulled something out of her pocket, sliding it down to him. "The books on ascension. There's five main ways and one screwy side way. That's all the rites, all the stuff they have to do and buy. Including the poisonous spiders most forms eat before their last hundred days of immortality."

He ran that so they could go over it. Maybe they could ban a few.

"How many others are doing that?" the president asked.

"According to the demon underground, three. But the CIA like group from one realm said there's another one but they're not totally sure if he's doing it right. They think he's doing the screwy one. They're not sure if that'll even work. No one knew about the first one yesterday. The second was the one we told you about."

"He was under watch," one of the agents said. "We knew he'd be doing something wrong this year. I was not informed of what."

"We told Congress when they called us to talk to them," Buffy said. "So whose fault is that?"

"I think the one that passed it on," he admitted. He leaned back, rubbing his forehead. "Sir, my agents are mad at us but none of us are trained for that."

"Giles offered you guys training modules," Buffy said.

He grimaced. "I hope some of mine took initiative and used them. Do we have an office in Cleveland?"

"All but the Ohio version of the state FBI office were closed last year," Buffy said dryly. "They didn't want to deal with it."

The president grimaced. "That sucks." He looked around the tables. "Can we fix that problem?"

"Can you fix that problem with people who try to capture my girls and minis to torture them?" Buffy asked him.

"I hope so," he told her. "Is that common?" She nodded. "Oh, no."

"Sir, they're also getting weapons from underground sources," the head of the FBI said.

"You guys don't donate," Buffy said with a shrug. "What did you want us to do? As you saw yesterday, the local slayer you had was way injured by trying to lure it into a trap with just a sword. Thankfully Alex found one of his twin brothers' dates and got something for her then got her home to us to recuperate."

The president looked at her. "We don't give you guys weapons?" She shook her head. "Do we just show up with them at battles?"

She snorted. "Since when have your people shown up at battles?"

He blinked a few times. "Oh. I didn't realize that. We don't show up at battles?" he asked the others. They looked it up and shook their heads. "Why not? Are other countries this bad?"

She smiled. "France pretends we're all mental patients because of *course* there's no demons in France," she said dryly. "England has very few problems and likes to cover them up but they have agents who handle it sometimes for us and then tell us.

"Most of Europe has an Interpol agent who goes with the girls to do all those reports you guys love so much but he can't fight and he's one slayer's dad. If we sneak into a country we call him and he'll show up to make a report happen while we're sneaking back out. Asia's pretty well taken over most of their problems, outside some civil rights things.

"They had priests and people handling it as soon as it started. Africa.... Xander basically gets called out of bed to go handle things but he did train a whole lot of generals. They don't like him but they respect him because he's the only guy who jumps into a battle with a battle axe and weapons and makes the others join him.

"They hate to see him coming to warn them but they appreciate the warning so they can cover it up. They bring weapons with them but don't give him any. If he has any, he dated. Which they don't like either but they realize Xander needs to date so he's not just lonely and sad and pouty warrior guy. And they do give him nice weapons he's used to save them."

"We know not a thing about anything your girls do," the head of the FBI said.

Buffy smiled. "We don't work for you. We're not going to be all reporty to you. If you want to find out what's going on, show up! Heck, have a few people hire on as field watchers. Though we do make sure they can't harm the girls and won't suddenly turn on them to go back to being agents. We do protect the minis so much they complain."

The head of the CIA shook his head. "Most of my people consider them like a necessary, effective militia. If something happens near one of your girls they tend to get them out of the way if they can."

"I remember and she said thank you. Though she did need to pack a few things before they hustled her out of that since she's on long term meds and is now missing family photos. Thankfully some survived the explosion and fire but she did say to thank your guys for getting her out of the way."

"I'd hope more of mine would think about that issue," he admitted. "Can your girls pack in under ten minutes?"

"Most of us for important things. We've had to evacuate the center a few times over the years we've been there. Mostly because something was attacking it. The girls all know about emergency bags and that stuff."

"I'll make a note to tell the agents to let them get that unless it's an immediate need to rush them off." He made himself a note. "How many attacks does your center get?"

"Daily? The pickup truck brigade of hating girls comes nearly daily to yell at the minis as they get off the bus. Some of them try to breach the wards daily. Bigger threats than angry men? Every two, three months. We have to evacuate about every sixth or so."

He nodded. "Can we stop those men?"

"We'd all love it if you did since Cleveland's arrested some and it hasn't stopped them. We could use the armed guards again but some of the middle school girls drooled and some of the minis treated them like dogs they adopted so we had to go with another idea for guarding to save the guards." She smiled and pulled up a video. "Xander said to show this off today."

They all watched. "That guard on the right is a wanted former agent," the head of the CIA said dryly.

Buffy grinned at him. "He was really patient with the girls trying to get them to play and petting them. I told them to quit but they're being girls."

He groaned. He hung his head and shook it. "I'll see if I can find him and make sure he won't hurt the slayers." She smiled at that, ending the file. It turned itself back on. "Rosenburg?" he guessed.

"Probably." The film fast forwarded to past where it had been then paused.

The head of the FBI stood up. "That's a terrorist."

"That's Gary, the guard guy," Buffy said. "One of his cousins is a slayer and he was doing that to check up on her." She looked at him. "He didn't try to hurt any of the girls."

He sat back down with a sigh. "He didn't try to take any of the slayers out?"

"No. He protected the minis a few times from the pickup truck brigade. Though anymore they mostly drive Hondas and Nissans instead of trucks." She grimaced. "So boring."

"Have you done anything about them?"

"Xander, when he's back, likes to sit outside and shoot flare rounds at their tires." She grinned. "He considers it good practice. He started out with crossbow bolts but the tires are too thick unless he's sitting on top of the fence again. The police wanted him to stop that but they came back to annoy Xander and the police officer about girls saving them so the officer just said to not harm anyone not associated and walked off to report them for vehicle violations."

"Does his twin do that?"

She looked at that one. "His twin Alex is retired. He left Sunnydale not long after the Initiative raids. We were kinda putting down the twins because they're normal. Alex got huffy and left before he blew up the town with us in it. Xander felt the duty stronger so he stayed and tried to kick my butt a lot. Which is handy since he stopped Willow and things."

The president shook his head. "You guys are nuts."

"Yeah, sometimes, but we've got a dorm full of girls of all ages in the house being squealy about any stray animals in the area, or anything else pettable really."

"My girls did the same thing," the President sighed with a nod. "You've just got more of them."

She nodded quickly. "Especially with the last few that got taken from their families by CPS that we're fighting to give back." She gave one guy a pointed look. "You're not going to make us your warrior slaves. Sorry but no. And all the kids who have been in CPS custody wanted you to stop it. Before some other kid that needs the help isn't getting it because of all this." He glared but the president stared at him. He shrank down.

"I'd like to hear more about that," the President told him. "Today. After this." He nodded once. He looked at the perky blonde again. "Any other things that could help your girls survive longer?"

"Just get us what we need so Xander can date for better reasons than stress relief and weapons and stop the yahoos who hate we're girls that save them. The foster care stuff is a whole other plot."

He patted her on the hand. "We can work on those with you, Buffy." She smiled at that. "Can't we," he told the others. They nodded because they knew that was an order.

***

Tony frowned at his phone. No answer. Again. Gibbs cleared his throat. "I haven't heard from Alex in weeks," he admitted. "Not sure why. No one's answering his phone." He called up his name in the system. No arrests. Though he was apparently being held in a hospital. That was weird. He looked into it. Then he got that canceled so he could go pick him up tonight.
The hospital tried something else so he went down there with a judicial order to stop it. It only took a minute with a judge that he knew, and that Alex knew from the clubs. He walked in and held up the papers to the nurse. "Let's get him out of here before you all get raided for illegal experimentation."

"That's...."

"A judicial order," Tony said bluntly, staring at her. "The same as I'm a federal agent, Nurse." She hurried off to get someone. Including a guard. Tony put his badge on his belt, giving the guard a pointed look, making him back up. He handed the facility director the order. "That is a cease and desist and let him go order. Do I need to use smaller words for you?"

"He's not human!"

"He is human."

"He was made by magic!"

"So?" Tony shrugged. "Pregnancy is pretty magical too with how many things can go wrong. He's still a human. So hand him over and his things, and expect a lawsuit."

"He has no legal standing."

"I doubt that. The government didn't say that."

"That's who told us," he sneered.

"Fine. I'll go get him and his things myself." He looked outside at the sound of brakes, nodding at the officers stomping in. "We have a release order on a patient they're torturing, guys. I'm NCIS Agent DiNozzo from Gibbs' team." He handed the officer with the highest rank that letter. "Let's go get Alex please."

"That is a judicial order to shut down all experiments and to hand that young man back." He looked up. "Boys, go find him and his things." They went to do that. "What sort of facility is this, Agent DiNozzo?"

"One where they decided Alex isn't human." The officer winced. "Exactly. I'm really getting towards Gibbs anger levels." He followed the officers, waving the head officer over at the sight in one room. "Is that legal?" he demanded with a point.

He looked. "No, I don't believe it is." He called that in and got more help to shut this facility down. They found Alex, and he was in rough shape. His things were found in the office. The director had been trying to get into his bank account apparently. Tony helped Alex up and out to an ambulance, nodding at them. The paramedic wouldn't look at him. "He needs an ER."

"Yes, he does, Agent DiNozzo."

"Did he do something to piss off the community?" he asked.

"He's not one of us."

"Yes, that's why he's still protecting you and getting people free when they're captured. Shitty that no one did that for him. Or told those of us who could." He stared at him.

"That was his twin."

"No, not in DC. Xander's only been here a few times." The paramedic shrank away from him. "Yeah, all those raids to get the captured free were him." He looked at the agent pulling in. "Take him and go. I need to go commit assault. He goes to a *good* hospital."

"Yes, Agent DiNozzo." He got Alex loaded and took him to the ER.

Tony walked over to that smirking agent and hit him as hard as he could, knocking him down onto the pavement. "So, you're into human experimentation. Let's get you signed up for one then." He stared down at him, hands on his hips. Gibbs pulled in and Tony waved. "Arrest him before I shoot him, Boss. They had Alex here too. He's in hellish shape. So are the others."

Gibbs looked at him. "The director likes this and told me to stop you."

"Well fuck her." He called someone. "It's DiNozzo. I found the latest experimentation facility since Alex Harris was in it. Where I am right now. Officers are here to shut it down. Gibbs is here at the director's orders to stop me. Come help one side or another, Fornell. And bring some backup." He hung up and stared at his boss.

Gibbs stared at him but he could see the coldness and anger starting to gather. This DiNozzo, he was scared of. "I'm not following Sheppard's orders. This is foul, DiNozzo. You know that."

"Then let's go help." He walked in there with Gibbs behind him barking orders into his phone. The director tried to call but Tony hung up on her. She tried again. He did the same thing. The next one was the White House. He answered that one. "DiNozzo." He listened. "Please do. I found them experimenting on humans again." He waited until the president took the phone from his assistant.

"Sir, did you want me to set any of them on fire for human experimentation or just have them arrested? I can shoot a few to make myself feel better if you want." He listened to him. "Yes, that's the order I got. And I found him in shitty, hellish shape. I hope like hell he gets them back for this. And I hope they all enjoy their stints in jail."

"Demons don't have rights," the director yelled. "Neither do magical clones!"

Tony listened. "The president just said you're wrong." The man struggled but the officers cuffed him anyway and took him to a car. "Yes, sir. I need to hand this over so I can go with Alex. Apparently his other friends are just as shitty as this facility." He listened. "Agreed. I called Fornell and told him to pick a side, Sir. No, Gibbs is here." He handed the phone over. "The President."

"Sir," he snapped. He listened. "DiNozzo, go calm down Harris. He's magically beating the ER we think."

"Good. He should hit this one instead though." He walked off to go do that, glaring at a few demons who were officers. They shrank away from him.

Gibbs listened to the orders. "Yes, sir. My director tried to make me stop Agent DiNozzo. Yes, have a good talk with her, Mr. President. I'm sure you can make her have some sense. Thank you, Sir. Yes, we're shutting it down right now. Is there another one?" He listened and made a note on a pad from a nurse's station.

"I can look into that tonight, Sir. Thank you. Are we getting more agents in to help as this isn't technically in my jurisdiction or am I getting temporary powers?" He smirked a bit. "I'll give you a report by tomorrow, Sir." He hung up.

"This is the other facility they run," he said, handing it over. "The President said to shatter it so it can't be rebuilt with this one." The officer called that in and more officers went to help the patients there. Gibbs went to supervise the handing over of the patients. He didn't want to look at them, they were all tortured.

***

Xander heard the news third hand and stared at the demon who told him, making it back away. "Excuse me? Someone went after my twin?"

"They think you're the one whose helped the ones in DC."

"I haven't been in DC since they pulled us before Congress. How would I do that?"

"They're not smart."

"Clearly politics rotted some people's cores." He finished his poker hand, got up with his winnings, and went to pack his things for a few days while making a few phone calls. By the next morning he was back in DC at his brother's hospital room. He tapped then walked in, getting a nod from Tony. "Who in the fuck did it?"

"Same ones. Sam Finn was in charge."

"I'm going to kill her ass." He looked at his twin, wincing. "He going to be okay?" he asked quietly.

"Yeah. I think he's stuck in a meditative state."

"Pain killers don't work on us. We learned that long ago." He came over to wake his twin up. "I'm going to go kill someone. Give me names?"

Alex blinked a few times. "I have no idea but I'm going to help."

Tony pushed him back into the bed. "That's my job to help him, Alex."

He blinked at him. "How..."

"You didn't answer the phone for three days when I was inviting you to dinner. I also snapped at people who should've been paying attention."

"I haven't had a nosy guard since I hit that one."

"I can fix that shit," Xander said bluntly. Then he grinned and kissed him on the forehead. "I'll be back in a few hours. We'll hang out until you're out of here."

"You have a battle in a few weeks probably."

"I had one earlier and they handled it for me." He smirked. "The girls all said to get well. Let me go talk to someone." He strolled off with his axe on his back. Someone tried to stop him so he stared at them until they backed away. He walked into the bar where his twin usually went. "People, do you realize how badly you just broke the trust between the slayers, the whole Council, and yourselves?" he asked the room at large. They all stared at him. "Yeah, my twin got captured and tortured. I'm back to baby him."

"But...." the bartender started. "He's human."

"He admitted to being a magical clone. The FBI said that was close enough," Xander told him. That got a few winces. "Did I not ask you people to watch over my twin?" A few nodded. "Then why the fuck didn't you?"

"He's just hanging out."

"Bullshit. He's done a lot that I wasn't here for." Those pouty ones stared at him. "Yeah, this is my first time back in DC since the Congressional hearing. Those rescues, it's been Alex. All him. He may be retired but he doesn't let this shit go on. Even though you guys did it to him. And that pisses me the fuck off in a permanent manner.

"I've already told Buffy and Willow. They had to knock Giles out before he went back to black magic. Are you understanding how badly you've fucked your community? Also, as I heard there's a hidden other facility. You'd better hope whichever agent is sitting beside him right now handles it. Because unless there's kids, well you guys let it be done to my twin. Am I heard?"

They all looked disturbed and a few horrified but nodded. "This had better never happen again. He's protected you guys for years, just differently than I have. It's shitty that you turned your back on him again." Someone shouted and rushed in so he turned to hit him. "Shut the fuck up." He looked at the room again. "If you want to negotiate a peace treaty, call Buffy or Faith. Because I don't have it for you anymore and neither will my twin."

He walked over the other guy and out to go find out how bad it really was. Bandages didn't tell him much. Records would. He ran into an FBI agent, who looked horrified. "Yeah, my twin being captured and tortured brought me back. Which agency has Sam Finn in custody?"

"She's not been found."

"Great. I need to hunt," he purred. "Let me do that." He called his own contacts, who told him what he wanted to know and asked to please renew the peace treaty with DC. He looked at his phone then put it back against his ear. "That's not up to me. That's up to my twin. The one who's been saving their asses for years now." He hung up. That he could handle. If agents were following him, he'd still get there first.

***

Xander walked into NCIS, dragging Sam's dead body. "Gibbs wants her body. Her husband's in the trunk bleeding to death. Wanna call him for me?" The guard called immediately. He dropped her body in front of Gibbs when he stormed off the elevator. "That thing is no longer a danger to my twin. Her husband's in the trunk bleeding. She decided to try to take them both out and missed anything important on him."

"You must be the twin."

"I am. Want the husband? If not, I'm giving him to the community in Cleveland for a trial."

"Will it be a legal one?"

"Probably. He's got a lot of sins to be recounted."

"We'd like to witness it so we can report on his punishments."

"Most of them are death penalties, Agent Gibbs."

"Still."

"Then ask them. They may not mind." He nodded. "Come get him to read him his rights. I'll let them know to come pick him up." He walked off calling that in. Faith relayed that to the group up there, who did come down to get him that night with full judicial paperwork. Gibbs requested to be able to view the hearing. They agreed it was fine. Xander was hovering over his twin brother. They expected that and the temper. They'd have to see how bad Alex's temper was.

***

Alex looked at the picture on his laptop from home. "I'm sorry I missed my other interview appointment. I was being held and tortured."

"You were?" the lawyer said with a smile. Alex shifted to show off the bandages on his chest, making that one lose his smile. "Oh." He cleared his throat. "I think that's an acceptable reason to miss an interview with us, Mr. Harris. When do you plan to take the bar?"

"I've already taken it and passed. I passed in the upper eightieth percentile."

"We have you as having taken part of it." He looked at the forms. "I don't see the criminal training."

"I'm applying for a business legal position, not a criminal. Though that's one I did take the classes for."

"Oh." He got into the results sheet that were copied into the application. "Oh, that position. Yes, I can see that I was thinking of the other open one." He read that over. "I'll have to see if that position is still open and call you back in a few days when you feel better?"

"I go home in a week."

"That's fine. I can call back in exactly a week." He smiled. "Do feel better." He hung up.

Alex stopped the video chatting software shaking his head with a sigh. He put his laptop aside and relaxed again, looking at his twin. "They weren't my top choice anyway. Though they don't work with the community."

"Do you want to keep working with the community?" Xander asked.

"I don't know," Alex admitted. "It's pretty shitty that this happened and no one checked on me for two weeks. Much less that they didn't even try to get any of us help."

"They thought I was the one doing the rescues apparently."

"Bullshit! They knew where you were. You made CNN last month for a battle."

"I did?" Alex nodded. "Oh. Well. Yeah they should've realized. I don't know. I know I'm really mad and they need to set up a new peace treaty with the Council. Giles got so mad he nearly went back to magic." He stroked his twin's arm. "Itching?"

"Yeah. Some. That skin numbing stuff is great but wears out too fast." He sighed. He summoned the nurse. "When can I get more of the numbing stuff? I'm itching again."

"Another three hours, Mr. Harris. You go through that very fast."

"A lot of meds just don't work on us," Xander told her. "Painkillers never work outside local and the novocaine shot only works for twenty minutes. Most other meds barely work on me but work slightly better on him. I'm amused that the cream works at all."

"It's got some lidocaine in it. I'll make that note. You could rest."

"I am resting. Usually I'd be at the gym right now," Alex said dryly. "Though I need to find a new one." He looked at his twin. "My house?"

"Safe. Your accounts too. I talked to the bank for you. They found the fraud, stopped it, paid you back, and are suing them. There were a few they were questioning. Did you order from Dior?"

"Why would I?" he asked, looking confused. "Am I a woman?"

"No." He pulled up the questionable ones.

Alex looked. "That next to last was mine. I ordered it a bit ago and they charge when they ship it. Did you check my credit cards?"

"Yup. Told them the same thing." He patted him again, looking at the nurse. "Is he still on track to get out next week?"

"He'll get out Saturday if that one wound heals a bit more," she offered.

"Cool. I'll see if we can get a witchly healing spell."

Alex looked at him. "They loathe me."

"They hate me just as much," he said with a grin. Alex sighed but nodded. He grinned at the nurse, who went to make notes about that problem with the cream running out too fast. Xander got onto the bed, giving his twin the cuddle he wanted. It was good for his brother. The nurses would ignore it.

***

The lawyer interviewing Alex looked through things again for show. "Why did you choose that law program?" he asked, looking at him. "It's not the better program in the area."

"I had went through their paralegal program a year earlier so everything transferred in. Plus it's closer to my house by about an hour with usual traffic."

"That's reasonable," he decided. "We know they tend to be a bit biased."

"Yes, that's why I got one teacher fired," he said with a smile and a nod. "For getting in my face about being the paralegal that helped the peaceful community with their first lawsuit. Another two hated to have me in class because I'm bisexual, leaning strongly towards gay. They hated that and I didn't care but I will push back if it happens in my face. I also pointed out that there was a lack of women in the program to the chair of department." He smiled again. "He blamed that on the one that huffed off to quit her job."

"Oh." He nodded. "Which teacher?"

"The one who was supposedly teaching ethics," he said dryly. He pointed at his class records. "That one."

"Oh, her." He nodded with a grimace. "We didn't like how she was teaching anyway."

"She hated that I was that paralegal. She tried to mark my paper on it down and made a lot of disparaging comments. So I went to face her down and the chair showed up to see why I was sneering in her doorway. He regraded it. I told her that had been my case and I was very aware of what I had done personally. She hated that and the chair told her to regrade it so she huffed off, then got hit by a car in the parking lot that was backing out. She tried to sue the school and me and the judge tossed them both out."

"Excellent of them." He made a note. "Do you still work with the peaceful community?"

"For legal things? Yes. Otherwise, I'm not able to pull the rescues I had been doing for years. I've got another six weeks of bandage changes for burns on my lower back. They're talking about redoing the peace treaty with the Council and the local slayer." He stared at him. "I don't mind most of the community but they saw me doing things and then told me it was my twin doing it."

He grinned slightly. "They're nearly as good at that as Buffy and Willow are in Cleveland about my twin and what he's handled. So I can and will for legal things but unless it's kids, I'm out of the rescue business unless I have to. Like I retired from Council things before Sunnydale fell in, now I'm retired from more."

"I can understand that. Your twin's the one in Africa?"

Alex smiled and nodded. "Yeah, that's my twin Xander. I've talked to him and his trainees, they all seem very sweet. One thought I should show her my stuffed animal since she was going to show me hers. She giggled about my plushie I had on the couch from another friend."

"That is sweet of her." He smiled at that. "I see corporate classes so business law?"

"Yes. Mostly to help new business owners get through all the tape and hassle of starting up. While I can do other contracts, I wouldn't mind focusing on business law for that purpose. I'm actually excellent at contract law." He smiled. "My highest grade. So I can do wills as well. I took that optional class."

He looked over the grade records, nodding. "I see you did take that. That's a mentally stimulating part of the law field." He looked up.

"I wanted to help business owners like the one in the paper yesterday be able to deal with all that hell they get for being peaceful community and all the tape that suddenly appears to stick to them for it and being a business owner. I still think I'd like that."

He nodded. "That's an excellent reason. As you know we do help the peaceful community here." Alex nodded with a smile. "Are they mad at you?"

"I have no idea. And I don't really care if they're mad that Xander made them see that they thought he was doing stuff I was. It was their blindness on that issue that let me be tortured for two weeks by Sam Finn's people." The lawyer winced.

"Exactly. So I'm not going to be upset at them for it. They were willfully blind. That doesn't impact my job here or elsewhere. The ones who did it aren't business owners and wouldn't come to me for a will anyway. They'd go to my former boss in Roanoke. Or to Curtis out in Alexandria."

"Point." He nodded once. "He does handle those for the community. We do a lot of litigation for multiple reasons."

"I did take my minor in criminal law. It was pushed that it was standard and then you did something on top of it so I did enough hours to get a minor in it. I haven't taken any specialist test in that area. I took the general one."

"I saw that and you did a good job for your first test." Alex grinned and nodded. "Did you celebrate that?"

"No one to really celebrate with that. I've got a few friends in the area but they were busy. They did come to graduation."

"Many people have more than a few friends."

"I had more but some were normals and I was desperately trying to be one of them after retiring. They decided I was a bit weird when a vampire in a club just got a shrug instead of a horrified reaction. I have some casual friends in a few clubs. I could've went there but I would've been the one buying all the drinks and I don't want to pick up a sugar baby."

"I can see that. A few good friends is better than casual acquaintances. How did you get that money?"

"I looted in Sunnydale. Vampire's stashes, a few abandoned artifacts I'm protecting." He grinned. "My twin and I split it. That was right before I left town for good and I've went back twice. Once before it fell in to visit and to get something Xander said was being an annoying artifact.

"The other time after it fell in to scout to see what was still abandoned there and get it away from the leaking hole before it became the problem of the week to handle. I nicely gave Xander all the weapons I found outside a sword and another battle axe."

"So nothing illegal and mostly the same level as archeology only with modern things."

"One vampire clan had an ancient Hand of Glory that was still burning after thirty years. It was dated in the sixteen hundreds. I had to put it out and store it somewhere safer before someone else activated it. It really was more protective than most things." He shifted to cross his feet. "I've got a few in hiding, safely away from all sides."

"I know you've sold some."

He nodded. "Nothing that would cause an apocalypse, nothing too dangerous. I sold one that can enhance healers for ten dollars after one of the bad rescues." The lawyer smiled at that. "They looked it up and realized it could become addicting so they use it sparingly but they should have control of that."

"I agree. That's their duty. Would you work with them?"

"I already do. I was helping a few file medical board paperwork to clear up the whole 'healers aren't licensed professionals' movement that started last month. Pro-bono because healers are necessary and important even outside the community."

"True. I hadn't heard about that."

"Patricia filed one and got it back because she had written in the wrong address box. So I went over it with the directions so she and the others could fill it out properly and then send them in with certified copies sitting in their safes. Someone will try to toss them out but they can go legal to get that fixed. They're already having to and I promised if they wanted me I'd be there."

"We have someone helping that group of healers. They presented the instructions and the papers. He said they filled it out oddly but it was in line with the manual they had to fill them out with. He had them fill out a second set just in case and that did get turned down. Not sure what's going on there."

"Doctors got mad that touch healers exist," Alex said with a shrug. "And they're healers, not official doctors or osteopaths or anything like that. They look at them like they do foreign trained docs as far as I can tell."

"That makes sense. I'll tell him about that." He made a note on his notepad. "Are theirs as bad as ours?"

"Remember doing the paperwork for the financial department? Same level as all that and tax forms."

"Ah." He nodded. "So they did it to screw people up." He smiled and nodded. "That figures." He made another note. "Were you on scholarship?"

"No. I self paid. Which is nice since that college was ten grand less a year but I could've hacked the other's prices."

"Good." He nodded. "Let me talk to the head partners of the firm. We'll see where this goes." Alex shook his hand and left. He went to talk to the senior partners. "He's very interesting. Said he helped with the paperwork problem the healers are having."

"He did good by their manual but they do that to screw up people," the senior partner said, looking at him. "Is he still trying to hang onto the community?"

"He pointed out that his twin's been in Africa since the congressional hearings. As did Xander himself when he showed up to help his twin." The senior partner looked confused. "All those rescues? Was Alex Harris, not Xander Harris." He looked smug. "And he's retiring more fully as he's still got six weeks of burn healing to do thanks to Sam Finn's people." The senior partner winced at that. "He's wanting to work on business law things like the red tape hassles we've had over the last few years."

"He may do good at that. He's very stubborn."

"His twin went into an invasion level battle with just his battle axe and a lot of people we'd think were nearly terrorists to protect Africa. I think he comes by it naturally."

"Point. Why did Finn want him?"

"He admitted he was a magical clone of Xander."

"Oh, that." He nodded. "Is he one of ours?"

"No idea. Could he be? Yes. He'd do good working with our contracts department and helping out in business things. His hiring contract would be looked over very hard I'm sure."

"Why did he go to that program?"

"An hour less commute, it was cheaper, he had went through them to get his paralegal degree so everything transferred in."

"That's sensible. But Harris has always been sensible." He considered it. "Is he fit for that position?"

"Yes." He nodded. "I worry that he'll hate our contract." He handed over one. "This is one he had with his last boss when he was taking the paralegal classes."

The senior partner looked it over. "That one in Latin...that's a turn around clause?"

"If they turned on him on purpose, yes." He grinned. "Harris does know about Wolfram and Hart. He was at the invasion with an artifact and then a sword."

"Point." He handed it back with a smile. "That's goofy. But maybe not enforceable."

"That's legal by the demon courts. And the US courts will uphold that." He smirked a bit. "He'll put the same one in ours."

"True." He considered it. "Would we be liable for that?"

"If we turn on him on purpose."

"Politics may mean that we'd have to," the senior partner admitted. "That's a hitch to getting a new person in. Has anyone else applied?"

"Two other fresh faced young lawyers with hopes and dreams."

"Did they have that sort of contract experience?"

"They have no experience. Including interning."

"Oh, them," he said with a grimace but a nod. "If we can get Harris to leave that off, hire him."

"I can suggest that." He went to talk to Harris about that clause he'd want. He had it worded better now. It was enforceable. It was powerful. Almost a curse. It would mean Harris could collect their souls if they turned on him on purpose. This Harris was the sneaky one apparently.

***

Tony walked up the hall of the Congressional Office Building, shaking his head at the happy looks his way. His target was just ahead, coming out of his office it looked like. "Representative D'Anders, we should go into your office," he said in his usual bland, agent voice.

He smiled at the agent. "Are you going to talk about taking up a position as was suggested?"

"No, I'm here about your wife's murder, sir," he said. The man stiffened at that. "We really should take this out of public view. Arresting you out here would be a spectacle and we do like to not cause one. It looks like we're favoring one party over the other."

"This is preposterous! I'm the one who reported it!"

Tony stared at him. "Sir, we have proof. Including your registered handgun. With your fingerprints on it, not smudged from someone else using it with gloves on. Including on the ammo's casing. We have proof that your two-and-a-half alibis are all going to be going in as accomplices.

"We have proof that one helped you with it, and the other one-and-a-half clearly lied to the investigative team." He shifted closer. "It is your choice if we walk out of here like I'm taking you to talk to you about this or if I arrest you here and you walk out in cuffs," he said more quietly.

"I didn't do it!"

"Representative, we have you on camera. Both at the Naval Academy and from the toll pass sensors that take pictures when someone pays with a pass to make sure it's the one it belongs to and isn't stolen." He stared at him. "This is your last opportunity to walk out of here and not create a spectacle."

"Agent DiNozzo," another representative said with a smile.

Tony stared at him. "I'm here to arrest you too but I'll get you after the actual murderer. That convenient wing challenge that night? We can prove where your car was, Representative Williams. The Naval Academy has a lot of cameras these days." That man looked horrified. "So, would you like to walk out with us politely and calmly or should I create a scene?"

"You can't do this!" D'Anders shouted.

"Bull," Tony said normally. He whistled and waved his badge. "Capitol Officers!" he bellowed. One came running. "Help me escort the two murderers out please? I have cuffs but they're going to try something stupid."

"Yes, sir. Which agency are you?"

"NCIS." He showed his ID, stopping D'Anders before he could move. Williams tried to run but another senator stopped him. "Thank you, ma'am. He's at least an accomplice to homicide." He cuffed them both and read them their rights. He let the Capitol officers get the other two to talk to.

Of course, a reporter ran over. "What did they do? Is this about Representative D'Anders' wife's murder?" he shouted.

"No comment," Tony shot back. The man huffed and tried to get around him to get better pictures. Tony moved him out of the way and stared at him. "We do not play politics and we do not allow spectacles during arrests, sir. Back off or join them in a cell." The man got led off by another officer. Tony shook his head, looking at the building's police force. "I'm so sorry you have to deal with that sort of being."

"Us too," he admitted. "They did?"

Tony grimaced. "There's a lot of lying and a lot of proof. I can't comment, it could damage the court case." That got a nod. He got the other two into the car and got in to drive them back to the shipyards.

"I want my lawyer!" D'Anders demanded.

"Have him come to the shipyard, sir. You'll be in an interrogation room and I'm sure they know how to handle that." He called in with his wireless earbud. "Gibbs, me. I have all four. The Capitol Police were helpful. No, D'Anders wanted to create a spectacle so two got taken out in cuffs. I told off a reporter too."

He hung up because a car tried to cut him off. "Hmm. I wonder who that is." They tried to stop him but he rammed one on the front end, making them spin off. He was in the agency's car, he could put dents in it. "People, hold on. Let me evade these people trying to free you." One growled at that.

"Don't even start, Representative Henry. We have them on camera at the Academy. You have to sign in to get on the grounds," he said dryly. That one, who was the half an alibi, groaned. He called back. "Gibbs, me. I've got three FBI cars trying to stop us. Get me backup," he ordered, leaving it on for now. Gibbs shouted that at McGee so hopefully it'd help before they got stopped.

Nope, they got boxed in and forced off the road. Tony got out with the keys and locked the car audibly with the remote. "Guys, I'm NCIS Agent DiNozzo and I have four suspects in the car. Are you this dumb?" he demanded. One stomped over to him and took a swing. Tony hit him back. "We also have agency cams going."

He knocked that guy down and stood on his throat, making him gasp and try to get him off. "Move some more," he ordered, glancing down. The guy quit moving. Two cop cars showed up. "Guys, I'm Special Agent DiNozzo from NCIS, I have suspects in a homicide in the car," he announced.

The officers came over to check the one he was standing on and got him to the rear of the car. The other agents were calling in. He looked at the officer with him. "I have a homicide suspect and his three accomplices that lied for him in the car," he noted. "I've also got Gibbs on my earpiece."

"Sir, we were told to stop your car because you were a kidnaper," one of the officers said.

Tony got out his ID to show it. "I'm not the kidnaping kind. Been there before myself, hated it. Wouldn't do it anyway. That's not a legal way to arrest people."

"They said you are," another officer said as he came over.

"Yeah, one killed his cheating wife and the lover at the Naval Academy," Tony said sarcastically. "The other three lied and/or helped." The officer winced at that. "Of course they did. We can go to the station so you can put them in a cell and you can call in for my arrest warrant. It's in the car anyway so you can check it." They sighed but one reached in to get it from the front windshield. He checked the four suspects and then closed the door. "They still bitching?" Tony asked dryly.

"Swearing their lawyers would be the best ever," that officer said sarcastically. He called in that warrant to check it and nodded. "It's real, boys. They're NCIS arrests. If he's the same DiNozzo he's a senior NCIS agent on Gibbs' team." That got a nod and they got away from Tony. "Who're they?"

"They cut us off and tried to run us off the road. They did box us in so I had to pull to the shoulder," Tony said. "The one I was standing on tried to hit me first so I knocked him down and immobilized him without risking myself or my suspects." He listened. "He said Gibbs sent your senior officer a picture of my ID so he can send it to you so you can verify who I am."

"We're the FBI," the other one said. "NCIS is just a phony agency."

"Bullshit," Tony said dryly. "We're the Navy and Marine cops." He smirked. "Which means I deal with worse than you'll ever try to be daily and more stubborn. Though I'm pretty sure Gibbs has called Fornell or your Internal Affairs about this." The agent yelled and tried to hit im so Tony ducked to the side and sent him into the trunk to hold down. "Cuffs?" he asked politely.

"Gladly." The officers cuffed those other agents. The text came through and it was Tony, though he looked younger and less tired in the picture. They sent that back and it was agreed they could escort him to the office. Tony got back in to drive as soon as they had sent off the agents and had picked who was accompanying them.

He smirked at the one in the front seat. "Nice try! Give it an 'A' for effort!" He smirked, pulling out and following all the traffic rules. Normal officers would gladly write agents tickets for traffic offenses. He showed his ID to get into the shipyard, getting a nod. "There's an officer helping by following us," he said. "Let him in too?"

"If he wants to, Agent DiNozzo. Gibbs ordered some extra guards at the front door."

"That'll work for me. Thanks, Douggie." He drove in and parked in front of the building, nodding at the guards waiting. "Gibbs send you down?" They nodded. "I've got four suspects."

"Great, DiNozzo," one said dryly. "I'm sure Gibbs will have fun growling."

"Probably. I will be." The officer pulled up and Tony did the paperwork for him so it was officially noted then let them get lunch on the way back. He even suggested the caf up the street since it was so good and cheap. The officers smiled at that and went there to see what they had. It was good and cheap food. Tony walked in D'Anders while they got the others. "Their lawyers here yet?" he asked as he walked past Gibbs.

"Not yet. None of them. The agents that stopped you?"

"No clue, Gibbs. They didn't admit who had sent them to free these ones."

"Charming. More politics," Gibbs muttered, following the group. "We're using Room B, people. Put the accomplices in there." That got a nod from the guards. "Tony, you've got Room 2 waiting."

"Great. I love that room that has such bad acoustics." He grimaced. "Do we have the good microphone ready too?"

"Abby set it up," he agreed. He hitched the three accomplices to the table and went to monitor Tony's suspect handling. He did have the good microphone and the sound was adjusted so it sounded right. McGee came down to talk to the others about their roles and let them inform their lawyers they needed them badly. It was going to be a long afternoon.

The Director came down to stare at DiNozzo. "You arrested four members of Congress. This is going to look horrible on us, DiNozzo. They're going to cut our funding!"

He stared at her for a second because clearly she was stupid. "Did you want me to let the guy who killed two people at the Naval Academy go? The other three just lied and one drove him up there to help him." She winced at that. "So I don't really care about the fallout. I'm not going to play politics. He killed his wife and her lover with his registered handgun.

"The one drove him up there. We have pictures of them together, including at the Academy's parking lot. I'm not going to go easy on a murderer because he's got power, Director. That's unethical. If the politics goes toward shutting us down, you can quote me." He walked off shaking his head. "Gibbs, is his lawyer here yet?" he called.

"One's signing in. Gate said another one's pulled in. Along with a higher up from the White House."

Tony shrugged. "I don't care. They did it, they get charged for it. If he wants to apply pressure, I'm going to walk away. I know what ethics are and it's not politics," he told the Chief of Staff since he got off the elevator.

"We could push back at NCIS," he said pleasantly.

"If your boss really wants to suck off the grieving murderer in there, that's his problem. I gave him the option of walking out and not making a scandal. He refused. Then the other one showed up and I had to get the Capitol Officers to help so I didn't have to spend all night finding them at home and their hidey holes with their mistresses." The Chief of Staff huffed at that.

Tony stared back. "We have them on camera at the murder scene. We have fingerprints. We have how they got up there since another drove him. The other two just lied about their wing challenge and when he got there. They probably thought he was with a lover." He walked off again.

"You should probably learn how to play politics, DiNozzo," the Chief of Staff ordered.

Tony smirked at him. "I already know. It's just that I don't like the taste of ass. I'm not going to kiss an ass and ignore a double homicide." The man glared. Tony stared back. "Are you an added accomplice, Sir? You seem to be overly interested in this case."

"No! You arrested four members of a political party!"

"Yes, one's a murderer, one's an accomplice, and the other two lied to help cover it up, thereby becoming an accomplice after the fact and probably aiding in a conspiracy. Unlike *some* agents I'm not going to let that go. That's unethical. It's against the law. We do uphold the law here, Sir." He stared at him until the man huffed and left calling someone.

"Tell the SecNav I said hi," he said with a smile and a wave at his back. "Tell him to bring pictures of the new herd of puppies we heard his dog had too. Abby would love a picture of them." The man glared before getting on the elevator. He looked at the director. "Anything else, Director Sheppard?" He tried to look interested.

"If we get a budget cut you're going first," she warned, stomping off.

He waved at her back too. Gibbs glared at him. He stared back. "What?"

"Nice work," he said. "Go get him to confess."

"He's trying to hum himself into calmness. I'm giving him time to find some false security." He went back in there. He heard the lawyer show up but it was for one of the others. "Hmm. Theirs are faster than yours." He stared at him. "So, you protested her boinking a nineteen-year-old cadet?" he asked dryly. "How old is your mistress, Representative D'Anders?"

"I don't have one," he sneered. "I believe in the sanctity of marriage."

"Ah." He nodded. "So that's why you killed them both while pretending to be there to check on your son's flu?" The man kept glaring. Tony stared at him. He laid out pictures. "Of you at the Academy that night. We print out things so hackers can't rearrange data." He showed it to him. "Since it's not showing it must be a back harness that night."

He showed another picture. "In the hallway outside the room your wife and the cadet was shot in. Your son's in another building." He put down another picture. "From the toll system when your driving buddy paid for the toll." He stared at him. "We have beautiful shots of him from the parking lot too."

"Those are all modified," he sneered. "I can prove that."

"I doubt that. Labs have to have yearly certifications to prove they're up to standards and pulling stills off a security video isn't that hard. Teenagers can do it." He smiled at the man coming in. "His lawyer?" The man nodded. "Great, come join us and look at these interesting security pictures we have of him and one of his two-and-a-half accomplices. One only swore he was at the wing challenge, but didn't lie beyond that," he said at the confused look.

"May I have a moment with him?"

"Sure. I can step outside."

"Can you halt the recording devices?"

"That's up to the tech running them." He looked at the mirror, getting the lights flashed. "I guess he is." He stepped outside with the file. He had left one picture in there but they had better views of them at the toll station. He handed those to McGee, who smiled as he went back into his room.

The other two demanded to to go a separate room since they didn't want to associate with a true suspect. McGee humored that and let Gibbs talk to them. Tony went back in when the door was opened. "Did you advise him to cooperate?"

"I want to see the evidence."

"Sure, I can lay it all our for him and you." He sat down after glancing at the tech area. The lights flashed again. He went to check then came back. "Our forensic tech is running the audio pickup system right now." He sat down to go over the whole case. The lawyer was grimacing while looking at his client. "So, would he like to make a statement?"

"Can we talk about a deal?"

"I'm not the prosecutor. I'm the agent who's arresting him," Tony told the lawyer. "We can get one down here. Abby, get a prosecutor?" he called.

"Already coming," she called back over the intercom. "About another twenty, Tony."

"Thanks." He looked at the lawyer. McGee leaned in. "Prosecutor?"

"Signing in now. Let me go run the equipment for Abby." He went to do that, finding she had turned up the volume some but he arranged things so it was recording properly for evidence. She grinned at him. He checked the audio, turning it back up slightly since it was staticky.

Gibbs stepped in with his written, signed statements. The lawyer was not happy. McGee's were brought in too. That one had clammed up immediately when his lawyer got there and glared at him. The lawyer advised his client that he really should talk to the prosecutor about a deal. She was shown in and came over to negotiate. She was going easy on him but she had a politically based career. Tony wasn't happy but at least he was pleading guilty.

***