Voracity's New Realms
New Realms of Imaginings

Site Info

We are the home of 1 author - Voracity.
There are 203 stories consisting of 486 chapters and 7315386 words.

RSS

Most Recent

Where It All Began. FRT
Where It All Began with the future bisexual disaster team members. And a fairly...

Random Story

Old Ones 48: Future Old Ones Doing Weird Things. FRC
Callia's showing that she's truly a Stark in the making and so is her little...

Other Sites


Skins



Law and Orderly Chaos.

[Reviews - 1]   Author Profile: Voracity2   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Alex called the law team together, handing over his notes. "Why I was suppressed by the psychic landscape in multiple layers."

They looked it over, all of them pausing at two points. Most of them had a head tilt at the second one. "I see why you bring this to us," one said, handing them back. Alex waved a hand. "That is rather odd."

"Homer's son, I have no idea why. I didn't hear he showed up and tried to challenge me so I couldn't answer. And usually I'd have a hard time beating him. The fact Paul's ring didn't stop him when he pulled his clan dagger was seriously not what usually happens. Though I know half of them hate me working off case stress that way."

"They would have protested," another said. "The crowd would have protested, not cheered." Alex nodded at that. "It is something we can look into. As well as that legal matter at the end. How did you get out of it?"

"I said I did not want to be a defense attorney in a case where I had to defeat a true victim."

"That makes you caring and you show that often," Paul said with a nod. "It's ethical and legal to do that. You noted they spoke something weird?"

"It was like a German version of their language. I know a tiny bit of German thanks to a paralegal classmate so I caught some of it."

They considered that. "I know of that group. If they are doing that, then someone has to stop it."

"Agreed," Alex said. "Is that my job or someone else's job?"

"It is our job, Harris," the head of the legal teams said happily. "And I will be looking into that. If so, they can face demonic court justice. Why a healer?"

"I wasn't sure if I had mistranslated, if I was wrong, or if there was something going on that maybe led him to be a serial killer sort. A healer could tell that and some of them can tell mental illness."

"I hadn't thought of that. That makes sense." The group shared a look then at him. "Are you sure you're not still trapped?"

"It took over a month the last time. If so, I'm going to end her physical form and all the ones who're linked to her. Thankfully Tony could puppy sit and they didn't manage to set the house on fire. Though there was a suspicious lightening strike in my garden, which hit my generator." He smiled. "I'll replace that and deal with that in the Higher Courts."

"They won't appreciate you."

"The Devon Coven has standing in the Fey courts."

They winced. "They won't play by standard rules."

"I'm good with that, but they keep attacking me. Hell no I'm not going to let that go. Maybe they can point out common sense. They started it by letting her start it."

A thin, pretty young man walked over. "I heard us summoned," he said smugly as he sat down. Alex handed over those notes and pulled up others, letting him see the phone's screen. "Oh, I see." He stared at him. "Why would we care?"

"Rosenburg is part of the Devon Coven. Which has status among your courts," he said, staring at him. "While I do not, I do not want a war with your people for defending myself from the redheaded disaster. So I request to bring this before your courts so they can impart some sense into the witches. Or at least nag them to stop it and find reality."

"They do have status," he admitted.

"They also intentionally let my twin flounder in a battle that led to one of your protected villages down in Africa being damaged. Xander tried very hard to stop that and helped fix the damage he couldn't stop."

"We saw. We reviewed it at his request because he pleaded innocence. He was correct to do so. He was also cautious so he did not rest, eat, or drink in the village as a sign of respect." The Fey lawyer looked at him. "You're not natural."

"No, Rosenburg split us before graduation. We woke up like this one morning. Now I've made my own life and he's making his until he dies of the duty he still feels."

The Fey member nodded. "I can see that. She split you? I thought the hammer."

"I was already out of Sunnydale by then. I left after we raided the Initiative. May they never return." A few of the lawyers spit at that name. He looked at the other lawyer again. "I only ask that they review it and make them learn the truth. I'm tired of fighting that battle."

"I can agree with that request. My mother, the Queen, will agree to that request. We will call upon you to talk about it."

"Okay. Let me know if I need to do more than wear a suit. I'll even try not to bring my dog."

The Fey lawyer smiled. "We have seen images of your dog." Alex showed him a picture from the other day. "He is fluffy." He pushed the phone back. "We will do the review you request then call upon you to defend yourself." He got up and strolled off, disappearing into the shadows.

Alex looked at the other lawyers. "Good suit, right?" They nodded frantically at that. "My blue one or my silver one?"

"Silver, and don't wear anything like dangerous metals," one warned.

"I'd never do that. No steel, no silver." They nodded. "I have a pretty platinum bracelet." He considered it. "No weapons either." They nodded again. "I can do that." He let them see the picture of the animals napping with a grin. "Selena's under the fur."

They laughed at that, but he could go home and check that suit to make sure it was clean and pressed. It could take a day, it could take twenty years for them to get back to him. Time could be funny Underhill.

***

It took a few days but Alex showed up in the nice suit, not his gray one but he had been wearing his dark navy blue for a serious court case. Tony had agreed he could fill in if he wasn't back in time and he had sent the judge an email about having to argue in front of a foreign court for someone important. He bowed to the queen staring at him. "Your Majesty, I'm Alex Harris."

She stared at him. "You really are odd, Human."

"Yes, ma'am, and I appreciate that about myself because it means I do good for the world."

"I can see that point." The witches were let in and she huffed at one. "You brought steel here?"

Alex looked then at himself. "I let the prosecutor have my briefcase and my dagger I wore to court earlier, Ma'am. Am I guilty of that? I thought I removed all sources of anything but platinum."

"You are not the cause of the steel." She waved a hand at him. The jewelry of the witches was checked and confiscated. "I have looked into the matter brought before us." She looked at Alex then at them. She put up things so they could see each interaction. The witches hated that. She frowned. "Are they clouded by the one witch?"

"I have never known," Alex offered. "I do not know how to remove it either. I barely have enough magic to light a candle when I'm frantic."

The queen smirked at him. "Smartass."

"But truthful."

"True." She got someone stronger in to check the witches. They were clouded of their own free will. She grimaced at that. "That is much like a soul debt."

Alex winced. "Can that be removed like other soul debts?"

"No," she admitted, shaking her head. She made the witches see what had happened and why it had happened. "She started it. This whole run, she started for them being men who dared to help." She stared at them. "They were right to bring this to us. You do have status among us for helping some of our young years ago."

"I would not have them hurt if it would hurt the slayers," Alex said. "The girls need protected. They're being raised better now, mostly by their families. My twin makes sure of it."

"He does," she agreed with a nod. "We do not like their duty but we understand they have not many choices and cannot always escape the duty." She considered it, staring at the witches, who looked upset. "The redheaded one, where is she?"

"She's still unconscious. You didn't show where he attacked her."

"In the psychic landscape she trapped me in? Yeah, Xander and I both attacked her in it," Alex agreed with a nod. "To get free. To make sure she couldn't do it again. Then we had me stuck in another one. And a second after that. Possibly a third. I'm still wondering if I'm trapped in one."

The queen shook her head. "No, you are not. We can tell that." The higher level magic user tested him and ended the link to the witch. Alex relaxed at that, smiling at him. "That is just." She looked at the witches. "You brought his attacks on yourself by starting it. He will not keep attacking unless you continue to attack?"

"No. I'm a defender not a warrior, Your Majesty. I do not usually preemptively strike unless it's important to save people."

She considered that, wiggling her head around while she thought. "That makes good sense. When one has to defend a city they sometimes must act first to save the most people." She looked at the witches then at him. "Do you have plans of attacking them?"

"No. Like my twin, if they choose to help us with any battle we're in, then that's great as long as they don't attack those who're protecting others. Slayer or peaceful being or us."

"That's sensible of you, Mr. Harris." She looked at the glaring witches. "He's right. If you're helping defend humanity you cannot do that if you're attacking the others defending humanity."

"The slayers are out of balance."

"That's not your job," Alex said, looking at them. "You're not the Powers That Be. You don't get to decide the balance."

"There's too many!" one complained.

"Then you should've helped Willow uncall them after the battle with the First Evil. Or after the invasion in LA." They looked confused. "You could've helped her find a way and didn't. That's not their fault. It's not our fault either."

"If we take you out, that *twin* of yours will die," one sneered in the back of the group.

"No he won't. He'll be really mad. He'll destroy you. The same as I will if you harm my twin or myself. Hell, Xander will make a mess of the ages. It'll spark bards in a few centuries to sing of the mess he made to warn others with gifts not to attack him."

They shuddered at that thought. He looked at the queen again. "Would you know if he does die, will his memories or whatever come to me? Or the other way around? No one's sure if it'll happen that way since we were split by magic, not by Toth's Hammer."

"As far as I can tell, yes," the higher magic user said. "The same as you get some when the other is seriously injured."

Alex bowed to him. "Thank you. We had wondered."

The higher magic user smiled at him. "You have not vowed. Many thought you would."

"No, we're mythical. Why would we vow? As far as I know, Xander's only sworn himself to Stephen."

"Aww," the queen said dryly but was smiling. "They are a good couple. Very handsome."

Alex grinned. "That means I don't have to destroy him."

"It is a good sentiment." She looked at the witches. "We should find a way to free them."

"They must do it of their own free wills," the higher level magic user said. "We cannot force it, just lock them down."

"I would hope if any had children they could raise them correctly," Alex said quietly. "I know you would not have them hurt, but are they tainting the children of the coven? It's easy enough to do, it takes being told something repeatedly at that young of an age."

"Conditioning," the queen agreed with a nod. "Have they?" she asked her people. Who all shook their heads. "It's a good worry for you, Mr. Harris."

"I would have no one hurt against their wills. Especially not to brainwash them."

"Against their wills?" she asked dryly.

"I know some people like to be hurt. It's not my scene but I do know a number who enjoy it."

"I ..." She cleared her throat. "Yes, as do I. It's not something we usually find pleasurable but some do like a bit of spanking." She cleared her throat again. "It's a good viewpoint to take. As was stopping that one group." He smiled and nodded at that. She looked at the magic user. "Can or should they be confined?"

He nodded. "They should be. Any with families should be helped to make sure they're not tainting them with ideology that goes against their codes. They have completely broken the codes of their coven's binding. I'm shocked any still have powers. And if that redheaded one wakes, we'll have to confine her."

"She's an addict," Alex told him, slumping again. "She has been since high school, when magic became the focus of her life. We all tried to convince her to give it up. Including me when I was there. And since then." The queen let that be looked at, making her grimace at the fights about that. The more modern ones weren't any better and held some sneering. "I'm frustrated and angry with her, Your Majesty. She tried to kill myself and my twin for helping people."

"I saw that. It is wrong of her and her addiction has spoken overly loudly in her life. We will confine that one if she should wake."

"I beat her on the astral plane or wherever those psychic landscapes were. I thought it'd get us free."

She nodded. "It would. She let you go and the others took up her bad idea." She looked at them then at the magic user. "You will go bind her?"

"Gladly." He went to do that.

She looked at Alex. "Thank you for bringing this to our views."

He bowed. "I can only do what I can that is just."

She smiled. "I know they call you and your twin a knight." He grinned at that. She waved a hand. "Go home." He left to be sent home. She looked at the witches. "You have broken the covenant with us and others. You have broken the vows that your coven took to be formed. It's a shame you were brought down by a single witch going rogue." She flicked a hand at them. "Bind the ones who need it and confine them from doing harm." The guards did that, taking the rest home.

Alex walked in through his front door, smiling at the closed portal behind him. He closed the door, making Caspian bark at him until he realized who it was. "Was it that long, Cassie?"

"Six weeks," Tony said. "Where were you?"

"Fey courts." Tony blinked a few times. "It only took an hour or so."

"Okay, Rip." Alex grinned and hugged him. "Your cats were depressed." He petted them and the dogs. They still loved him and came to help him change clothes so they could cuddle. Harley pounced him hard enough to make him yelp at the claws digging into his chest but she calmed down with some petting. Tony looked at his dog, who went to get his own cuddles in. Tony followed with a shrug. Alex was half dressed on the bed with the pets so that was fine. "Was it okay?"

"The Queen agreed the witches had broken the covenant they had made to start that coven and if Willow wakes up she'll be confined," he said quietly. "Giles is going to be pissed."

Tony shrugged but shook his head. "Probably not. He's mostly a realistic person, Alex." He petted Selena, making her shove Harley out of her way to get to the human's chest. "They truly missed you."

"I missed them." He grinned at them. "Did the prosecutor give you my briefcase?"

"Yup. It's in the study. That judge is not amused but he knows that it was a sudden summoning thanks to the judge you got summoned in front of." He sat on the foot of the bed, petting Alex's ankle. "You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." He smiled at him. "She also answered a question. If one of us dies the other gets the other half back."

"That's good to know. I wonder if that means Xander could pass the bar."

"I'm not sure if I could repass the bar."

"Me either," Tony admitted, shaking his head. "There were some stupid questions on that test." The animals calmed down but Caspian was still staring at him until he got his own cuddles. He did lick both cats before taking their place on the daddy but he was nice that way. Alex relaxed and let the pets calm down again until they were ready to ignore him again. Though, Caspian was frantically following him all night.

***

Alex met with the judge in his chambers the next day. "I'm sorry I was absent, Your Honor."

"Why were you absent? Who was that being?"

"He was Fey. I was talking with their courts about the witch issues that keep attacking me." The judge blinked a few times. "I was trapped in a psychic landscape, which is like a vision but it's like you're living through it and can't really tell, for over a week. That same redheaded one." He petted Caspian in the carrier to calm him down. "You can't get down in here, Caspian."

The judge blinked at him a few times. "Is he having anxiety again?"

"It was about an hour there."

"Oh. So you disappeared for six weeks, that brought up the abandonment thing, and he's probably needing his valium."

"Tony did great and he does love Tony, but yeah. He's not let me out of his sight for days. I'm almost shocked I don't have to carry Harley around too. Selena's more cool about it but Harley nearly killed me to get to me. She knocked me over while I was changing a shirt."

"You do very weird things, Mr. Harris."

"I'm sorry I couldn't give more notice, Your Honor."

He just nodded. "The Fey? Like Shakespear and Midsummer Nights' Dream?"

Alex nodded with a grin. "The Devon Coven has status with them as they helped save some kids years ago. They have very strong magic and could show them what had actually happened so they had to face the truth and leave me alone."

"I suppose that's a good thing. Do the others that your twin works with know?"

"I called late last night to talk to Buffy. She got very upset with the witches, and with me for fighting back, but the witches have tried to hurt a few of the slayers too. They blatantly tried to avoid helping Xander with a serious battle that they had promised to help with. It led to a lot of damage."

The judge nodded. "That's a good reason then. I'll allow it this time. Will you have to go up as a defense lawyer?"

"I don't think so but if someone asks I would gladly do it for them. Their Queen is very just and wise, and kinda pretty. I'm wondering if some of their evil ones are pretty and might like me since there's been no nice evil ones recently. One truly evil one that wanted to cultivate me as a sacrifice but I walked away snickering at her attempt to woo me."

The judge blinked a few times. "Can't you try for someone nicer?"

"I have. They don't like me. Lighter level bad guys like me. The FBI has a list that keeps track of what my ex's are doing now. They're highly amused at the assassins. All six of them that're still remaining."

The judge stared at him. "While that's oversharing, you're going to be an example I use to teach my children about good relationships."

Alex grinned. "You and Judge Harbors."

"Yes, I've heard he did too." He smirked. "You're not in trouble but I see a portal."

Alex looked then walked over. "Yes?" he asked, staring at them.

"You think my mother was only slightly pretty?"

"My type isn't blonde thanks to the Slayer Buffy. She's beautiful but I'd never call her that because it'd probably insult her because only dangerous or deadly women think I'm cute." He grinned. "Sorry but I don't want to insult her."

He tipped his head to the side. "They do?"

"My twin nearly married Anyanka when she was rehumaned."

The man nodded just the once. "Yes, that's ...." He cleared his throat. "I can see why you would think my mother beautiful but untouchable for being too pure."

"I'm sure she can be mean if she wants to be but I'd never want her to be. Or to upset her."

The lawyer smiled at that. "You are very unusual human."

"I try." He grinned. "Sometimes I just gotta be a Harris. This is Judge Havers. I was due to argue in front of him a few days back."

"That explains why you talked of us."

"He needed to excuse his absence," the judge agreed. "I fully agree he had to bring the matter of those witches to those who could help them see reality and sense. I'm proud he was so good and not bouncy, unlike he is in my courtroom often."

Alex looked at him. "You keep scheduling me at seven in the morning. I've barely had coffee then."

"I find it amusing and my bailiff giggles at you wiggling in your need for caffeine, Harris." He smiled at the courtier. "Alex is a good man, most of the time. Sometimes he's a smartass and a bit angry at others."

"As humans can get," the courtier said, staring at Alex. Who grinned and let him see his dog. "He is very fluffy as your pictures showed."

"He's named Prince Caspian. He's very protective."

The courtier petted him on the head. "We do not keep pets but he seems like a good friend." He grinned at him. "We like you, Harris."

"I'll try to make sure I'm a good example so if you want to be amused you can watch over my doings. I know there's another realm doing that sometimes. They think my twin's a sitcom some days." The courtier laughed as he disappeared. He sat back down, grinning at the judge. Who was shaking his head. "They do."

"I know why. I consider you a funny young man and I'm sure your twin is as well." He nodded a bit. "Get your dog a treat, Harris. Court is next week on Tuesday. Ask DiNozzo to fill you in on the last day's work."

"Yes, sir. Thank you." He shook his hand and left to get Caspian and himself a treat. Caspian loved his biscuit from the coffee shop Alex used.

The judge laughed himself nearly sick over that meeting. Only Harris could talk to the Fey courts, win something in front of them, and not piss anyone off. It really did figure. Only Harris. He went to tell the others why Harris had been missing for six weeks. They were all amused at Harris and his little, fluffy, anxious dog.

***

Xander showed up for a meeting with Giles, holding a letter for him from his twin. "I have news from Alex," he said in greeting as the other watchers glared at him. They huffed and ignored him. He walked Buffy into the office and handed Giles the letter. "From Alex."

Giles opened it to read, going pale. "He did what?"

"Keep going," he said dryly.

Giles kept reading while clearing his throat. "Oh, I say. That explains a lot." He looked at Xander. "Yours?"

"Not a bit. I wasn't asked. I did ask the one who pays attention to me as a tv show if they had caught it so we could see it. They said they weren't paying attention then."

Giles put down the letter, nodding at that. "Willow?"

"Still unconscious since she trapped us there?"

"That's probably a wise decision." He cleared his throat again. "It was good he was polite and nice."

"He was." He put a dvd in the player in there, which was from a meeting with a judge and Alex explaining his absence.

"That's a cute dog," Buffy said.

"That's Prince Caspian," Xander told her without looking.

Giles held his head, shaking it at the same time with a sigh. "Only Alex." He rubbed his eyes then looked at Xander. "He was polite. He was charming. I'd like to spank the boy however."

Xander grinned. "He did ask a question we've been wondering about. If we die, the twin will get the memories and the rest of us back."

"That's good to know," Giles agreed. He looked at Buffy, who was shaking her head. "It was good he was polite."

Xander grinned. "Did you expect him to kick in a door and act like me?"

"No. Lawyers don't have to kick in many doors." He sighed, discharging the disc so he could put it and the letter together. "He did look good with the pet."

"Caspian's very anxious about being abandoned. When his other two dogs died, Caspian had to have valium and be carried everywhere."

Giles nodded at that. "That's good to know. The witches?"

"I haven't had to ask them about anything."

"Neither have I." He stood up. "Let me go put this into the records." He walked the letter and the disc out. He called the other watchers into a sealed conference room and put the disc on. Then he put the letter in front of the chronicler. They choked when they watched it and that one read the letter.

"That Harris seems to have manners at least," that one said dryly. "I had wondered why no one's heard from the coven."

"If they disappointed the Fey courts they could be in deep trouble," Giles pointed out.

"Oh, I'm aware," one agreed then sighed and rubbed his forehead. "So I'm assuming they have Rosenburg?"

"She's still unconscious the last I heard. Alex's letter said she had trapped him in a psychic landscape, a few of them really. So he fought back." The others nodded once at that, taking the letter to read. "That does mean that we may have a weakness during later battles."

"There are other covens, but they're not vowed to be on the Light's side," one said. "If the Queen found them having broken that, she could strip them of their magic, and all their descendants."

Giles nodded. "I'm just happy he was polite and genteel. His training as a lawyer has certainly upped his manners."

"His twin's not that coarse but he is firm when he must be. Even if it is abrasive. His tactics have proven themselves with how things are still going along well down there." He cleaned his glasses. "I'm including this in the chronicles so the later watchers can learn that we have to be so patient if we must interrupt their activities."

The chronicler nodded at that. "I can do that. With the film." The disc got handed over. "Is he well?"

"Apparently. That dog seems to have some anxiety so he can't leave him at home all the time." That got a nod. "Now, we are having a meeting and I will expect you to not ignore Xander this time." He glared at a few, getting frowns back. "He does do an incredible job with his duties for us. We would not have been as successful guarding and training the girls down there." They nodded at that. "So we will be civil. Please. Do not let the girls know of this." He opened the door. "Let's get ready for the meeting tonight. I don't know why we're keeping vampire hours tonight."

"We do work night shift," the chronicler said dryly. "As the girls we train do." He went to add that to the official records of the Council. Both Harris twins were supremely weird to them but that one at least seemed to be a good being if the Fey had let him bring that complaint to them.

Xander looked at the girls in the kitchen as he walked in, handing over the notes Alex had emailed him. "From the twin. DC's had a few weird things." Buffy took them to look over, frowning at that. "Yeah, they're a new cult of that species." She looked at him. "They speak a German version of their native language." Faith reached over to snatch it. She liked to patrol in Germany. "We're not sure why they use German."

"It's the only other language that they've translated into," Faith said, reading over the notes. "Huh." She nodded. "We have two of those up here but I think they're both female. I have no idea how to tell though."

"We can ask if they've heard," Buffy decided. She looked at Xander. "Kennedy's back."

He nodded. "That's fine. Is she coming back to help us in Africa?"

"No. She's real quiet though."

"Willow trapped the twin, and me a few times, in a psychic reality thing." She winced at that. "She had to be defeated to get free."

"Oh, dear," Buffy muttered. Xander nodded she was thinking the right direction. "Okay. So we'll stop any arguments if one starts between you and the girls again. For whatever reason they started this time."

"Last time they were mad I didn't bring the other girls up. They had things to do at home though."

Buffy nodded. "The foreign slayers never get to visit. They should get to visit, stare at Giles, all that stuff."

"My girls have been there when I called before. And when Alex called once. He explained about pets and dogs."

Buffy blinked a few times then nodded. "It's good he's got a puppy. He's got a cute, fluffy puppy, Faith."

"I know. Caspian's not a big begger but he's smart, fluffy, and cuddly. I spent a few nights on his couch." She looked at Xander. "Santa?"

"Tony's dog?"

"Yeah, that one. He begged like a normal dog."

"He did. Alex said the hounds he had didn't know how to beg. Tony and he had to teach them."

Faith grinned. "I bet. Alex has begging eyes when he wants to use 'em." She got something to drink and sipped it. Buffy stared at her. "He does."

"I haven't paid attention." She looked at Xander. "He had other dogs?"

"He had hounds. They died a few years ago. Then he tried to adopt Santa, but Santa went home with Tony, and apparently Caspian tried to shoplift a dwelf cat."

Buffy frowned, looking that up. "Oh, a one of those."

Xander grinned and nodded. "Selena's a good cat. Has to wear clothes but she's a good cat. Very cat slinky and likes to sleep on top of his kitchen cabinets with Harley, the second cat Caspian tried to shoplift." He let her see a picture of him and Stephen with the pets.

"Harley will suffocate you with her fluffy fur," Faith quipped, walking off. "But she's great to nap with once you get her off your face."

Buffy handed the phone back. "Who's that?"

"My boyfriend Stephen."

"Oh! You're dating? You never told us you were dating."

"I've mentioned him a lot, Buffy. We've been dating since about a year after I got down there."

"Oh." She pouted but nodded. "Is he nice?"

"To me."

"Oh, one of those. So probably helpful to the girls at least." She walked off happier with that.

Xander put his phone back in his pocket, grinning at the other girls. They were happy with that news too. It was gossip they could spread.

***

Epilogue:

***

Alex and Tony were at a party they didn't want to attend, and together because the Elven Queen had pushed them that way with a lot of fairy wine - somehow Harley the cat had asked her to do that -, so they were about to make Xander's vision come true. Alex suddenly had to grab his forehead and lean on Tony's shoulder, wincing as his mind got invaded by his twin's essence. "I need to go fuck up someone," he muttered into Tony's shoulder.

Tony shifted to tip his face up. "Is Xander okay?"

"No. He's out of phase and time. Stephen's with him at least. All the minis are with him. That was his last strike wish used." He sucked in a breath, staring at him. "They're coming this way. His last warning was him telling us they're coming this way and the slayers are helpless against them."

Tony nodded. "Can we fight it?"

"Yeah. They can come back sometime but it'll take years of meditation and stuff. Maybe some magic." He sucked in a deep breath, looking at the people staring at him. "I ...."

"Going there won't help," Tony said gently, staring at him.

Alex nodded. "Not exactly. I need to talk to someone." He looked around then went to find them. "Xander's alive. The rest of them are mostly alive. The wish could only take fifty out of the seventy-two. He said he can get them back but it'll take a while." The demon blinked at him, then nodded slowly. "It's coming this way."

"The slayers?"

"Won't be much help."

"Status?" he asked.

"It's a Higher from Asada."

"You can't hope to beat him yourself," the demon counselor said, staring at him. Alex nodded he knew that. "We will fight behind you, Harris. All of us."

"We have military people who'll help," Tony said as he came over. "If I have to I'll kidnap a few to make their people show up." He patted over Alex's shoulder, making him calm down. "How soon?"

"This week. The vision showed later this week. A newspaper blowing was Thursday's but that means almost nothing beyond we have until at least Thursday." He considered the vision. "Xander had a bomb he could've used but too many were in the way. Including the baby slayers that one had kidnaped."

"I'll call Rupert," Tony said with a nod. "You get the city ready? We'll go casually warn people while we agree to do their biding as Reps." They shared a look and went to handle things while making plans to defend the city yet again. And somehow get Xander back with his people. This wasn't the chaotic order that Alex usually brought to DC but they could do it the Harris way instead this time they guessed.

The End!