Voracity's New Realms
New Realms of Imaginings

Site Info

We are the home of 1 author - Voracity.
There are 202 stories consisting of 485 chapters and 7299256 words.

RSS

Most Recent


Random Story

What The Neighbors Do. FRT
More in the Harriet'verse. But in another country. An old village uncle telling...

Other Sites


Skins



Ancestry 03 - Wizengamot Gets Fed A Clue

[Reviews - 0]   Author Profile: Voracity2   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Ancestry 03 - Wizengamot Gets Fed A Clue





Xander looked up as Harry came back with the auror escorting him. "He okay?" he asked.

"He's fine. We've been talking about getting his remaining godfather over here because he's a werewolf and Harry perhaps changing schools so the yearly attacks stopped."

Xander considered it. "It's tactical," he agreed, looking at Harry. "On the other hand you'll no longer have the feeling that he's coming for you. Going to another school, like a good school, wouldn't mean he wouldn't come there if he found you. Can we mask it so he can't search the magical fields to find you? It's possible." He considered it. "There's Drackmar in Scotland. Small, exclusive. Picky as hell," he told the auror.

"But good at teaching heirs what they need to know. I'm pretty sure the Potter family has an heir stone or something." He sipped his tea. "Other than there, there's a few good day schools. There's a few good distance study programs but I have no idea where we'd hide him. He should've went to somewhere like Venice but they don't take transfers."

"I thought there were three main schools," Harry said, looking confused. "The other two came in for the Cup."

Xander looked at him then shook his head. "No, there's more than that." He got up to get a book and came back. "The schools list as of ten years ago." He let Harry see it.

"Wow." He looked at the ones in England. "There's day schools."

"Which means you've got to have a safe house to go to at night," Xander agreed with a nod. "Some aren't bad. Some aren't picky. Which is good since your schoolbooks showed that education's really fallen in Hogwarts." He smirked a bit at the auror. "Also, there's reports that they're picking and choosing which students can go to schools."

The auror winced at that. "That's bad."

"It's very bad." He grinned. "Very, very bad. Did you know there's a Bonasera in New York? She was on the news after solving a case."

"I...no, I didn't. They're well known for having seers in the family." He frowned. "She's NYPD?"

"Lab."

"Huh. I need to look into that one. Do we think she trained?"

"Nope. She was glowing in the dim light."

"Shit," the auror muttered. "I'm going to have to talk to someone in that office." He sighed, looking at the book then at the ratings chart, handing that back to Harry, who looked at the defense heavy schools. "Don't look at that one," he said with a point. "It's a miserable school. I know someone who went there before finding a wife over here and immigrating. He said it was totally miserable."

Xander looked then shrugged. "Miserable is Cartagena."

The auror winced. "I've only heard rumors. How did you hear?" Xander grinned but sipped his tea. "Is your watcher guy a wizard?"

"Yes but wasn't allowed to graduate by his father."

"Charming." He looked at the kid then at him. "Can he stay for a bit?"

"Yeah, he can stay for a bit. I can help him work on masking his magical resonance."

"Like a hiding spell?" the auror demanded.

"Yeah. All cursebreakers have to learn that. That way they don't set off things in tombs."

"The cursebreaker I brought the first time said he found a curse on you."

"He probably found more than one." He grinned again. "But no comment. If you know what I know you'd be really pissed off."

"Oh, okay. Sure. I get that. The kid'll be safe here?"

"Yeah, he'll be just fine." He grinned. "Though I'll need to lead him to do a cleansing ritual to make sure he doesn't carry hellmouth taint anywhere else."

"That's reasonable I guess. The hospital had him on a lot of healing IVs. Which made him starved and thirsty."

"They tend to do that." Xander got Harry tea and let him fix it however he wanted. "Want some?" he asked the auror.

"Not if you're going to put memory potion in there."

"Nah. I don't need to do that. I'll just mention you to Willow."

"Please don't threaten the world with her," the auror groaned.

"Only visible witch we have around here, dude."

"Pity." He looked at the kid. "You'll be safe? I'll check on your healing in a few days?" Harry nodded. "Good boy." He patted him on the shoulder and left.

Xander looked at Harry, who grinned. "He's right, I am under a curse."

"The bankers said that."

"Not really happy with them either. For what they did when I was cursed, they deserve some retribution. I was slowly working my way back up to that before you got sent here." He grimaced but let it clear up. "You're not an imposition before you say it, Harry. By family tradition all members of the family are allowed in the family homes. And this is a family home. Even if it's not the family estate."

"We had an estate?"

"We have an estate's worth of land. Lightening hit the house not even three weeks after I got cursed. Destroyed most of it. I put everything else in storage long distance. The bank tried to get into it too. They lost but they did try. And got mad about it because the protections on the house's stuff meant that it ruined a whole unit of goblin warriors."

"They said that word's a slur."

"And usually I'd never use it but I'm still seething about them too." He grinned. "Trying to steal from a Dumass means that the Dumass gets to get you back. We're not vindictive but we're very firm on protecting the family." He patted him on the cheek. "For obvious reasons I'm going to keep you in the house.

"As you're not prepared to stake a vampire being outside isn't safe for you. We'll handle things you need in other ways." Harry nodded once and finished his tea, getting up to start more. "Make food if you want food. I had school lunch a few hours ago." He looked at the book, finding a few he liked. "How do you feel about Asia?"

"It looked pretty when I've seen it in pictures. But warm."

"Some parts. Some parts aren't." He blinked a few times when the house elf appeared. "Dobby. You look worried?"

"Missy Loud One's mother is *very* loud, Harry Potter Sir." He stared at him. "She is demanding people to find you."

"Someone knows where he is," Xander promised the little rabid house elf. "A healer sent him to family. You can tell her that much to shut her up because right now her being loud would endanger Harry. You can tell her I said that too." He grinned. "Cite me as a former Dumass." The house elf stared then nodded and disappeared to do that.

"She does care about me. Ron's my best friend."

Xander looked at him. "Someday soon I'm going to let you meet my best friend, Harry. Just...ignore a lot of the things she complains about. Okay?" Harry nodded at that. "Good boy. Eat. You need to eat." Harry settled down with a sandwich to inhale and Xander got him some chips to go with it. Then he went to handle patrol.

***

Dobby appeared in front of screaming woman, clearing his throat. "Former Dumass said Loud Ones is threatening Harry Potter sir by endangering him by being loud." She glared at him. The few listening to her gasped. "Former Dumass sir said that healer sent Harry Potter to a relative and he be safe. Mostly. Town not be safe, house is." She was still glaring. "You being so loud means that Harry Potter sir be in danger from it. He said to stop it." He disappeared again.

She growled. "How dare that being!" she seethed.

"If a healer sent him to his family he's got to be safer," one of the reporters said, looking at the others. "Are there other Potters?"

"Or Evans. He does have two parental families. A former Dumass though?" He considered it. "Is he related to the Dumass clan? I thought they all died off when Alexander died." They went to look that up. There were members who were removed. They could ask them. Though they tried to say they didn't know. Justinius nearly cursed them for noting that a former Dumass had said something.

***

Xander looked at the wizard who appeared, nodding at him. "Wow, you look like your grandmother," he shot as he walked around him. "Do you wear the granny boots too?"

Justinius glared at his little brother. "How did you do that?"

Xander cast a complicated spell around them. "Deaging curse that hit me on purpose. The same as the house was burned right after I was cursed on purpose, Brother." He stepped closer. "Why are you here?"

"We have a relative left?" he asked dryly. "I didn't know you were alive until a reporter noted that a former Dumass had said to leave Harry Potter alone."

"We have like nineteen relatives left," Xander said dryly. "Mostly over in Europe. I got sent here." He waved a hand with a smirk. "By a fucking creep of a headmaster who is supposedly a leader for the Light." His brother looked disgusted. "Thankfully the drunk muggles he put me with drank themselves to death within days. So I've been studying and relearning a lot of things."

Justinius stared at him. "You're not usually this dark."

"I've been hunting vampires for three years, Justy. Mostly because I have to. I'm surprised someone like Ethan didn't bust my cover."

"I haven't seen him in about two years," he admitted, frowning at him. "That's why I can't get into the castle."

"Nor will you ever be able to get into the castle. The white light in the shields would keep you out." He smirked a bit. "And yes, I do have protections on it. Only family can get in there. I unfortunately carry too much hellmouth taint to get there easily but I can fix that if I need to." He gave him a pointed look. "Which will be after graduation. Because no one here knows."

"Oh dear." He nodded, stepping back. "Are you sane?"

"Mostly." He grimaced but shrugged then grinned. "No clue. Just really mad mostly."

"I would be too. What happened?" Xander summoned a scroll and handed it over. Justinius shivered as he touched it then read the curse scroll that was a curse on a family and lineage. "Oh!" He looked at Xander, who nodded. "Oh, dear. How did we get involved in the Potter thing?"

"He's my grandson. A healer sent him to the family home. Which meant to me here as the main family home is destroyed."

"Oh, crap. You had to wench around that much?"

Xander shrugged again then smirked. "At least my kid was a neat, smart witch."

"I guess." He handed it back. Xander banished it back to its resting spot. "What are you doing with the kid? There's supposedly a prophecy."

"A self fulfilling one that was set off by Dumbledore."

"That name again," Justinius grimaced. "Disgusting they let him teach."

"He taught in our years. Now he's the headmaster."

"Even worse." He grimaced. "So get the kid safely out of the way of harm?"

"Get him trained so he can defend himself. He'll need it to survive all that's coming. I may send him to the castle to get into the library. But I am sponsoring him into a better school."

"There's a push to make sure he can't leave Hogwarts. Their headmaster is pushing on their government to confine him once they find him."

"I can make sure they can't find the boy, Justy." He grinned. "It'll be a pleasure."

Justinius wasn't fond of his brother becoming that dark, it'd take away from his own skills, and the anger was a bad idea as well. But that was Alex for you. Full of bad ideas. "Are you going to join the fight against Voldemort?"

Xander grinned but shrugged grandly and brought down the protections. "One never knows what's going to happen, sir, but I'd advise it's not really safe out here at night. You should probably go home. The one you're looking for left years ago." Justinius huffed but left. He spotted a blonde and redheaded set of girls walking their way. Obviously his brother had too since he greeted them.

"He's looking for his little brother. He disappeared years ago though." He waved a hand at the gravestones but not a specific one. He had to make some plans tonight apparently. Plans to protect himself and Harry. The Dumass clan did not let a member flounder if they were a good member of the family. Harry seemed to be a very goody-good member of the family. His grandmother would've loved Harry.

***

When the auror came back he looked stressed. "Them?" Harry guessed.

"Dumbledore's trying to force you back to England from wherever you're hiding. They're going to try to summon you."

Xander snorted. "It's too long of a distance to summon him." He wrote out something in his best penmanship, handing the scroll over. "Here, for the nosy asshole I'm going to finish cursing." He grinned. "He should know how the clan is, he taught a few of us. If you have to, tell him Des has a way to get back to life and she's going to come for him. He should remember having to dodge her a few times."

The auror looked amused. "Seriously?"

"Seriously. It's a family request that we be put into stasis moments before death. As most of the family of that generation died from a flu-like virus...." He shrugged. "They've been in stasis for decades now so probably not still fevered."

"Oh, dear." He considered that. "Is that legal?"

"Yeah. There's no law against that."

"Huh." He sighed then took it back to the office. The boss read it and snickered. They got Dobby to bring it.

Dobby appeared next to the Headmaster while he was ranting about his great one. "Dobby says that Harry Potter is being safe where he is healing." He handed over the scroll. "From Former Dumass sir. He is being very tired of you. He said if you didn't stop making him tired he'd ask whoever Des was to come back to talk to you for him." He grinned. "Said she be very mean one."

The headmaster spluttered. "What?" he demanded. "How dare you!" He went to strike him but Dobby sent him flying.

"Dobby be free elf, not yours." He handed that scroll to someone else. "From Former Dumass sir."

"How did Harry Potter get to wherever he is?" the woman asked.

"Healer sent. Banished to family." Dobby grinned. "Harry Potter sir be safe in house there. Not outside but in house. Dobby make sure nothing gets into house." He disappeared.

The woman, Amelia Bones, read the scroll and tried not to smile. "Well." She read it into evidence. "As a healer sent Harry to my home to protect this member of my family, I am going to call upon Albus many-made-up-names Dumbledore to answer me in an honor duel if he does not stop his foolish words and actions against the Clan Dumass. Harry is a member of the family and is absolutely safe here.

"Much safer than he has been at that 'school' that Mr. Dumbledore runs poorly. Should he continue, the whole mass of the remaining Dumass clan will face him down and do to him what he has done to others. Senior heir to the Clan Dumass." Fudge and a few others choked on that. "Was Potter a Dumass?"

"Evans was a Dumass," an older man in the back said, grinning at her. "The one I sit for knew the family." He looked at Dumbledore. "I'd say that any protections on his blood are still around since he's apparently with a distant family member." He took the scroll to read, laughing at it.

"That reminds me so much of Des and Alexander. And Katya but she would've sworn more." He handed it back. "Des, the matriarch of the last generation of the family, did follow family tradition so she could be brought back." He went back to his seat.

Amelia Bones stared back there then at Dumbledore. "What did happen to the Dumass clan outside that virus?"

"The last heir died while being a cursebreaker," he moaned as he got up. "I say we punish that house elf."

"Denied," she snapped. "House Elf Dobby?" she called. He appeared, looking attentive. "Two questions. Is Harry Potter truly safe?"

"Harry Potter be safe in the house. Nothing gets in. Very warded. Dobby make sure once healers give him back."

"Okay, not the original question but why was he seeing a healer?"

"Healer fixed many things." He grinned. "Need more from Dobby?"

"Is the one he's with aware of the family remains over here? Of the Dumass clan?"

"Dobby not ask. He be very mad at over here." He left and came back with a scroll, handing it to her. "Former Dumass sir said to give that to Headmaster and goblins." He left.

She unrolled that one and gasped. "Oh." She walked back to that old man, hissing in his ear, getting a nod and a smirk. "We're sure?"

"Very sure, Madam Bones. And they knew. They acted against them. If that's an Honor Scroll it's well earned."

"Yes, it is." She went back to her desk and picked it up, showing it to Dumbledore, who shuddered and backed away. "By this scroll it states you helped wipe out the last of the Dumass clan for your own plans, Albus. Is that true?"

"No!" he snorted.

"Then why are you scared of that scroll?" Lucius Malfoy said, looking very amused. His former house elf was apparently very happy smiting things like a headmaster for that wretched boy. "May I?" It got handed to him and he moaned as the curse hit him a tiny bit. "I see I'm related to someone mentioned." He read it over and spluttered. "Oh, dear. That's grave charges against a member of us and the banks." He handed it to someone else, someone not related to that family.

Augusta Longbottom looked at it and then sneered at the headmaster. "If it were not true, then you should not be affected by it." She got up to hand it to him. He refused to touch it. "You show your guilt, Albus." She forced it into his robe pocket and he glowed grandly. "Hmm. Well, that proves something I suppose." She went back to her seat.

"I'm not sure if Neville will be returning to Hogwarts after all. I may find a better school for him to attend. One where there's not plans."